DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I have installed the new CIC/CID to my 2004 545I (with Premium Audio). But now there is no audio (maybe because the donor car did not have that option). And once I put an audio CD in the drive, it is not coming out.

So I need to program CIC for my VO. Does anyone know how do I do that with NCS Expert?

After I added $6VA to VO in CAS, I can see CIC as an available ECU when I select Change ECU button.

But I have problem coding the VO to CIC. There is no FA_WRITE option for CIC. I tried SG_CODIEREN option but it is erroring out.

Another problem I have is I can not code LMA module with FA_WRITE option. It is failing with some message in German (Error number 14?). I am not sure why I am able to code CAS but not LMA.

Can antone point me to right direction? I have NCS Expert v3.1.0 and the Daten files which has imformation upto 0310.

Thanks,
Bhavi
Old 01-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by bhavi_jp
Hi Everyone,

I have installed the new CIC/CID to my 2004 545I (with Premium Audio). But now there is no audio (maybe because the donor car did not have that option). And once I put an audio CD in the drive, it is not coming out.

So I need to program CIC for my VO. Does anyone know how do I do that with NCS Expert?

After I added $6VA to VO in CAS, I can see CIC as an available ECU when I select Change ECU button.

But I have problem coding the VO to CIC. There is no FA_WRITE option for CIC. I tried SG_CODIEREN option but it is erroring out.

Another problem I have is I can not code LMA module with FA_WRITE option. It is failing with some message in German (Error number 14?). I am not sure why I am able to code CAS but not LMA.

Can antone point me to right direction? I have NCS Expert v3.1.0 and the Daten files which has imformation upto 0310.

Thanks,
Bhavi

FA_WRITE is for adding new FA numbers to the VO in the CAS and LMA.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Bhavi
Did you try just pressing "Execute Job" and nothing else? Post your CIC .MAN file.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Technic
Did you try just pressing "Execute Job" and nothing else? Post your CIC .MAN file.
Here. I also got the LMA VO Change working with different profile. So CAS and LMA has the same updated VO now.

Still could not code the CIC though.

Thanks,
Bhavi
Attached Files
File Type: txt
CIC_FSW_PSW.TXT (12.0 KB, 424 views)
Old 01-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

And this is after you changed the production date of your car?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
And this is after you changed the production date of your car?
Yes. I had #0903 before. I changed that to #0909. That's how I got the CIC as an available ECU in the ECU list.

Edit: Or maybe I got that option because I added $6VA to the VO.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Members

Here is the error I receve when I try to code CIC.
Attached Thumbnails Car Coding-cic_error.jpg  
Old 01-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

it seems like your dataen files may be older than what is already loaded on the CIC. Also what version of NCS are you using.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
it seems like your dataen files may be older than what is already loaded on the CIC. Also what version of NCS are you using.
I am using NCS Expert 3.1.0

Also The Daten Files under C:\NCSEXPER\DATEN\E60 are dated Jan 8, 2010. So daten files are about a year older.

Do you have latest daten files available for E60?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Members

Here is the error I receve when I try to code CIC.
Can anyone help on this issue?

Quick Reply: Car Coding