DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

The VA_ADAPTIVEHEADLIGHT adds "Adaptive Headlamp" to the iDrive menu with options for Off, Sport and Comfort. I drove the car around this evening and I don't see any difference with any of the settings. "Off" doesn;t even turn the adaptive function off.

I will recode my LMA to remove that menu option.:thumbsdown:

Also...
My LMA would not take the Bi-Xenon flash to pass option. The coding session kept erroring everytime I tried to change that one.:thumbsdown:

I did get the option to keep my fogs on with my high beams.

Their are quite a few references to DRL's and Tagfahrlicht in the trace files. Maybe something is in there for the Angel Eyes. Are they referred to as corona also?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Anyone have the code option for "Corner Delete"? This turns off the amber parking lights so the angle eyes stand out better but the amber lights still flash for turn signals.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Anyone have the code option for "Corner Delete"? This turns off the amber parking lights so the angle eyes stand out better but the amber lights still flash for turn signals.
This should help (taken from post 17)

[U.S. indicators with side turn indicators on parking lights or headlights]

Control unit: LMA

DRL_TFL_BLK_V_GED
nicht_aktiv -> active
PWM_SIDEMARKER_BLK_V
wert_01 = off
wert_02 = light
wert_03 = dark

[Side marker lights with daytime running lights activated (only LCI)]

Control unit: LMA

SL_V_MIT_TFL
active
Old 12-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jay77
This should help (taken from post 17)
Thanks! I shouldn't have missed that. I knew I had it somewhere just couldn't quite find my way back to it.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Contributors

Thanks! I shouldn't have missed that. I knew I had it somewhere just couldn't quite find my way back to it.
No probs...We should really start a new thread with all the verified coding and explanations only in it as a on-line resource... keep the testing and questions in a separate thread? (Think someone may have already mentioned it)
Old 12-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jay77
No probs...We should really start a new thread with all the verified coding and explanations only in it as a on-line resource... keep the testing and questions in a separate thread? (Think someone may have already mentioned it)

That's what I had in mind a few threads back. I'll create a new one now and try and get enough key words in it so it will be found in searches.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Good idea, I am still waing for my LCI CCC to be delivered, held up due to the weather.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Members

Hello everyone, i saw that here most of you have 5 series, but i hope not to upset you becouse i have a 3 series and i want to find out something. I found very useful your topic, i tried some and i coud do it, now i have DIGITAL SPEEDOMETER on my screen, but i can't do WELCOME LIGHT. I saw that the module on 5 series is COMBIATION or something like this. Can you tell me in what module can i find WELCOME LIGHT on 3 series? Or where can i find more coding options for 3 series. Thank you.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by larry_bml
Hello everyone, i saw that here most of you have 5 series, but i hope not to upset you becouse i have a 3 series and i want to find out something. I found very useful your topic, i tried some and i coud do it, now i have DIGITAL SPEEDOMETER on my screen, but i can't do WELCOME LIGHT. I saw that the module on 5 series is COMBIATION or something like this. Can you tell me in what module can i find WELCOME LIGHT on 3 series? Or where can i find more coding options for 3 series. Thank you.
I would help If I could. I don't know the modules or if the options in the modules have the same name as ours. Something I found useful is to read and save the trace file for all the modules into a folder on the PC and make sure that indexing is enabled for that folder. When I do a search for say "Welcome Light" all the text files that contain that key word show up in the results.

The Combination module on ours is called "KOMBI".

Good luck!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Members

I would help If I could. I don't know the modules or if the options in the modules have the same name as ours. Something I found useful is to read and save the trace file for all the modules into a folder on the PC and make sure that indexing is enabled for that folder. When I do a search for say "Welcome Light" all the text files that contain that key word show up in the results.

The Combination module on ours is called "KOMBI".

Good luck!
Thank you for your fast answer, i tried to recode all car, when i start ncs, fsw_psw.trc is looking like fsw_psw.txt the file from atashament. All i can obtain from the moment is that in iDrive menu apears the WELCOME LIGHT option, but i can select it for no more then 2 seconds, after this time is automatic deselected.

I saw that you use LMA module for welcome_light, it can be FRM for e90 ?

I find that COMBINATION module is KOMBI on e90 and there i made activation for digital speedometer.

Maybe i can get help with this welcome light to.

Thank you.

P.S. Someone can tel me where can i find a new version of INMPA or NCS ? Or it can upload, please tel me and i give you an ftp where to be uploaded.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
fsw_psw.txt (212.1 KB, 617 views)

Quick Reply: Car Coding