DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by andy545
all confirmed.

LCI full lights retrofit with LCM2 = check
bulb present= check

Then I'm doing something wrong.. do you have your LMA, CAPPL, SZL trace .txt files handy ?

from my side ,, the only option i changed in CAPPL was " VA_CORNERINGLIGHT " ( nicht_aktiv -> aktiv ) ,., then I got the option on the I-drive , I can switch it off and on ..
Old 01-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by Ehssan
from my side ,, the only option i changed in CAPPL was " VA_CORNERINGLIGHT " ( nicht_aktiv -> aktiv ) ,., then I got the option on the I-drive , I can switch it off and on ..
same here.
LCI lights, LM2, function activated, light position in auto - I'm missing something
Old 01-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Ok I need LM2. I want Welcome_Light on

Just replace that with the old LMA? then add the VO ?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by miguex
Ok I need LM2. I want Welcome_Light on

Just replace that with the old LMA? then add the VO ?

was that a question, or is that what you need to do when we get the new LMA2? i managed to source one really cheap, so working out what i need to do to make this welcome lights work on the car.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
was that a question, or is that what you need to do when we get the new LMA2? i managed to source one really cheap, so working out what i need to do to make this welcome lights work on the car.

yes, I want the welcome_lights. the LMA module of my car does not have that code. I was told a LM2 is needed... How did you manage? please share!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by miguex
yes, I want the welcome_lights. the LMA module of my car does not have that code. I was told a LM2 is needed... How did you manage? please share!
I'm interested too in this, i have an e90 from 10/2006 , and my FRM module doesn't have welcome_light , i tried some coding around to make some light coming on with the interior lights when i unlock the car but doesn't work. Now I'm interested in changing my FRM with FRM2 module. Can someone tel me what do i have to do after i change the module? What to code or what to do? What is the welcome light value that must be add and where?

Thank you.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Those of you who don't want the headlamp washers spraying water all over your hood:

Try this:

KBM Module

SCHEINW_REINIGUNGS_AUTOM (Headlamp Cleaning)
active or nicht_aktiv

Seems to to indicate turning the headlamp washers on and off. I havn't tried it - I will keep mine on until spring.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Those of you who don't want the headlamp washers spraying water all over your hood:

Try this:

KBM Module

SCHEINW_REINIGUNGS_AUTOM (Headlamp Cleaning)
active or nicht_aktiv

Seems to to indicate turning the headlamp washers on and off. I havn't tried it - I will keep mine on until spring.

Any options with that to increase or decrease the time when the washers spray?

Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 AM
Members

Hi...is it possible encode with Ncs for retrofit only tail light lci on 2004 e60?
I know that it's possible to fit cable and tail light lci: encode and no error messages.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Smashing
Hi...is it possible encode with Ncs for retrofit only tail light lci on 2004 e60?
I know that it's possible to fit cable and tail light lci: encode and no error messages.
no it's not possible dude ,, NCS doesn't do programing .. and you can'ts retrofit only the taillight ,, if u r interested in taillights only ,, just go for Bruce cable ..it works perfectly ..

to retrofit LCI lights ,, you need LM2 ( loght module 2 ) - front headlights - taillights - retrofit cable kit , programing

Quick Reply: Car Coding