DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

Originally Posted by Chazaxl
Thanks - is there a proper list of the available modules? How do the dealerships do the changes if not via the ODB port? Is what I think is called Progman 'freely' available?
Start your research here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...play.php?f=233
Old 02-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Test update:

I tried the double flash for the hazard lights. Took the code change but I don't see any new behavior in the hazard lights.

Also, my cornering lights are working again. Unfortunately I didn't fix anything specific. While coding for my SAT retrofit, I did an Expert mode code on LMA with no .man file. The cornering lights where still set to not active but this time after I manually enabled them they worked.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Huh, that is so odd Jim. So it took the wert_04 value? I had thought the reason my coding was erroring out is because like another member pointed out via NCSDummy, that 04 is not acceptable value. So confused, lol.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:08 PM
New Members

I was here looking for a code for something else and see that you are looking for the code for the double hazard light. I was able to get this coded on an E90 using

DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK

Here is a video of what it looks like:

I know the code is for an E90 but I hope this helps you in some way!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

LM2 has this

BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK
wert_01
Old 02-19-2011, 08:37 AM
New Members

My Ride: '05 E60 525DA

Hello.

Is it possible to coding E60 to close sunroof when it was left open, and start to raining?

cheers,
Old 02-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Huh, that is so odd Jim. So it took the wert_04 value? I had thought the reason my coding was erroring out is because like another member pointed out via NCSDummy, that 04 is not acceptable value. So confused, lol.

Sorry for the bad info Simon. I just checked the file and wert_04 wasn't in there. I did try and add it this time and it didn't take just as you expected. Thats what I get for trying to do too may changes at once and getting mixed up on the ones I actually wrote to the module.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

What values do I look for in the LMA to disable light functions? I know some people were able to turn off the eyebrow and others - but scanning my FSW I can't see what to change.

Thanks!!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

I found a solution ( coding + little wiring job but no running wires around the car ) for the NON LCI owners who's interested in having the Angel eyes as DRL , ( for example if you have Orion V2 installed ) , but you should have Bixenon or it will not work well , I've tested it on my LM2 but i found some information for the LM1 too as the following :

1- Enable your high beam as DRL with 80/100% power as the following

for LM1 :

DRL_V_GEDIMMT -> aktiv
DRL_WERT_DIMMUNG -> wert_01

For LM2 :

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 -> drl_h
PWM_FL_FKT_DRL_33 -> wert_03

2- Enable your flash to pass Bixenon

BI_XENON_BEI_LH -> aktiv
PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON -> wert_03 ( this makes turn on the bixenon even your low beam is off )

3- Disable the cold - hot and check control for the high beam ( H7) , looks like LM1 is different from LM2 , in my LM2 the codes are

KALTUEBERWACHUNG_FL_L -> nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_FL_R -> nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_FL_L -> nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_FL_R -> nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_FL_L -> nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_FL_R -> nicht_aktiv

Or maybe in LM1 will be . not sure so please confirm it guys with LM1

KALTUEBERW_FL_L -> nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERW_FL_R -> nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERW_FL_L -> nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERW_FL_R -> nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_FL_L -> nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_FL_R -> nicht_aktiv

4- You will have to do a small job inside your headlight but you don't need to remove the headlight :

A) Remove your high beam bulb as we don't need it anymore ( it will not work as HIGH beam anyway )
using T tap terminal , link it to the current of the high beam ( + ) , also use a diode right after the T tap terminal to prevent the current from the angel eyes to reach the LMA through the high beam link ,
c) Cut the angel eyes + cable from the connector side and put a diode to prevent the current of the high beam to reach the LMA through the angel eyes link ,,
d) Link the diode from the angel eyes current to the angel eyes power box as well as the link from the T tap which connected to the high beam ..

Result,, your angel eyes works as DRL , it will also work with the low beam at night ..

if you don't have the option for day running light in your I-drive / light menu ,, you can enable it ( DAY_RUN_LIGHT_CCC -> aktiv ) so you can also switch off/on the angel eyes if needed .

Will try to get some pictures to make things clear but you are expert and I?m sure you know what I?m talking about ..

Cheers
Old 02-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Ehssan,

I also saw the folks at e90post also found a way to use AE as DRL but w/o wire hacking, I wonder if e60 have similar setting in the TRC to choose which light to be the DRL.

It seems to be = VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL -> drl_s (default is drl_h which is high beam) if I understand them correctly.

--RR.

Quick Reply: Car Coding