DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

AC basic to AC high retrofit DIY re-write.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi BLooD

Firstly, thanks very much for the guide, it's something I always fancied on the car and your writeup gave me the confidence to give it a go!

I'm very nearly there, the panel is installed and working, I just seem to be having trouble with the coding. Am I right in thinking that the actual options in i-drive should change from the basic climate options? I-drive hasn't changed and I seem to be going round in circles..... I'm trying to install a pre-LCI panel on a 2006 530d which is pretty much what I think you've done?

I've only ever used my cable to change existing options on the modules already in the car before so I think I may be doing something wrong. I've added $534 to the CAS and LMA ecus and through reading I thought I need to trigger a re-read of the IHKA module which I think I've done but that doesn't seem to have made a difference. Do I need to delete the existing basic AC module or an I missing out a step somewhere?

Sorry for what's probably a basic question but like I say, this is the first time I've tried to add a new module and I wanted to double check before I do some damage....

One other question while I think about it actually, I haven't installed the solar sensor yet because the wires BMW supplied only had the connectors at one end and I didn't notice until I was trying to actually plug it in..... did you just drill the center speaker panel to allow the sensor to go though?

Thanks again
Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by jiggy
Hi BLooD

Firstly, thanks very much for the guide, it's something I always fancied on the car and your writeup gave me the confidence to give it a go!

I'm very nearly there, the panel is installed and working, I just seem to be having trouble with the coding. Am I right in thinking that the actual options in i-drive should change from the basic climate options? I-drive hasn't changed and I seem to be going round in circles..... I'm trying to install a pre-LCI panel on a 2006 530d which is pretty much what I think you've done?

I've only ever used my cable to change existing options on the modules already in the car before so I think I may be doing something wrong. I've added $534 to the CAS and LMA ecus and through reading I thought I need to trigger a re-read of the IHKA module which I think I've done but that doesn't seem to have made a difference. Do I need to delete the existing basic AC module or an I missing out a step somewhere?

Sorry for what's probably a basic question but like I say, this is the first time I've tried to add a new module and I wanted to double check before I do some damage....

One other question while I think about it actually, I haven't installed the solar sensor yet because the wires BMW supplied only had the connectors at one end and I didn't notice until I was trying to actually plug it in..... did you just drill the center speaker panel to allow the sensor to go though?

Thanks again
Add $534 to the VO then re-code CAS, CAPPL, IHKA. Only use the expert profile for this.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Members

Brilliant, thank you very much! I'll give it a go and report back

Did you see mu question about the solar sensor? Did you buy a new cover it just drill your existing one?

Thanks a lot for all your help
Old 08-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jiggy
Brilliant, thank you very much! I'll give it a go and report back

Did you see mu question about the solar sensor? Did you buy a new cover it just drill your existing one?

Thanks a lot for all your help
Yes a made a new hole, I will get the panel eventually. When you fitted the panel did the AC light start flashing if so you need to sit with the revs at 1500rpm until the light go solid green again, it`s a protection mode for the compressor.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Members

It's pee'ing it down here at the moment so I'll try it tomorrow evening. Probably for the best because I got a low battery warning earlier I'd been fiddling about with it so long....

I didn't have a problem with the AC light, it all seemed to work first time which is a first for me....

Cheers
Old 08-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Members

Can anybody do remote coding for this mode ???
I didn't found nobody here on the island to do it !!!
I have all the tools to connect my car to computer ....
Old 08-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Members

Can this mode be coded with E-Sys program ???
is E-Sys program will work with E60 ???
Old 08-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdorian1983
Can this mode be coded with E-Sys program ???
is E-Sys program will work with E60 ???
E-sys is for the F series cars.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Members

so i need to find somebody to do remote coding
Old 08-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdorian1983
so i need to find somebody to do remote coding
Afraid so, or learn to do it your self.

Quick Reply: AC basic to AC high retrofit DIY re-write.