DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

AC basic to AC high retrofit DIY re-write.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by likhan_s
Thanks a lot BLooD. However, could anyone share detailed DIY for this. Also I live in Netherlands, where can I source all the materials from. In ebay I can see that I can source the automatic climate controls, but the wiring and other stuff, where can I source it from?

Where does the condensation sensor goes? Do I need to completely take off the dashboard to install the solar sensor?
Dont want to sound rude but have you read any of this thread? I posted my DIY in the first post on page 1.

The condensation sensor is stuck to the windscreen just under the rear view mirror mount and the solar sensor is fitted next to the centre speaker (new trim is needed for this)
Old 09-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by BLooD
Dont want to sound rude but have you read any of this thread? I posted my DIY in the first post on page 1.

The condensation sensor is stuck to the windscreen just under the rear view mirror mount and the solar sensor is fitted next to the centre speaker (new trim is needed for this)
I read the entire posts couple of times. But it mentions that LCI wiring is different, and in one post it mentions about splicing a wire. Just confused BLooD. Wanted to know upfront better before buying the car with basic AC, what needs to be done and how difficult it is.
But still confused about how to get the wiring from the solar sensor. Also, is the connector for the condensation sensor already in the mirror base cover, dont need to pull any wires?

Thanks again, and hope not to sound stupid.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Contributors

I read the entire posts couple of times. But it mentions that LCI wiring is different, and in one post it mentions about splicing a wire. Just confused BLooD. Wanted to know upfront better before buying the car with basic AC, what needs to be done and how difficult it is.
But still confused about how to get the wiring from the solar sensor. Also, is the connector for the condensation sensor already in the mirror base cover, dont need to pull any wires?

Thanks again, and hope not to sound stupid.
If you have an LCI car then it`s a straight swap, no modding needed. yes the connector is there.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

If you have an LCI car then it`s a straight swap, no modding needed. yes the connector is there.
Thanks BLooD. Got confused again a bit. So with an LCI car I dont even need to do the wiring mod, just take out the basic and connect the advanced and code the car?
Old 09-06-2012, 01:57 AM
Contributors

Thanks BLooD. Got confused again a bit. So with an LCI car I dont even need to do the wiring mod, just take out the basic and connect the advanced and code the car?
Nope but I wrote the DIY for a pre-LCI car so I can not guarantee its the same for the LCI.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Members

BLooD just a quick question do i need to swap from cover cap X01130 (12 pins, left hand plug) swap 1 to pin 2 ????? PLEASE LET ME KNOW
and if you can tell me the part number of the condensation sensor plug (socket) and the solar sensor as well PLEASE !!!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdorian1983
BLooD just a quick question do i need to swap from cover cap X01130 (12 pins, left hand plug) swap 1 to pin 2 ????? PLEASE LET ME KNOW
and if you can tell me the part number of the condensation sensor plug (socket) and the solar sensor as well PLEASE !!!
https://5series.net/forums/topic/117...ofit-diy-rev3/ go here I re-did the DIY. I like to confuse ppl

Condensation sensor 64 11 6 928 326
Old 09-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Members

https://5series.net/forums/topic/117...ofit-diy-rev3/ go here I re-did the DIY. I like to confuse ppl

Condensation sensor 64 11 6 928 326

So my question its... do i need to swap from cover cap X01130 (12 pins, left hand plug) swap 1 to pin 2 ????? in one pdf file it says that you need to swap it and on another one it says that stays like that !!!
in rest i done the same but im a bit confused with cover cap X01130 (12 pins, left hand plug) do i change something or it stays like original THANKS
and i need the part numbers for the sockets that plugs in the solar sensor and condensation sensor i was trying to find them but no success !!!
Old 09-09-2012, 02:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdorian1983
So my question its... do i need to swap from cover cap X01130 (12 pins, left hand plug) swap 1 to pin 2 ????? in one pdf file it says that you need to swap it and on another one it says that stays like that !!!
in rest i done the same but im a bit confused with cover cap X01130 (12 pins, left hand plug) do i change something or it stays like original THANKS
and i need the part numbers for the sockets that plugs in the solar sensor and condensation sensor i was trying to find them but no success !!!
The socket for the solar sensor is listed in the DIY "Universal socket housing, 4 pol 61138380696 x1", you will need to ask your local dealer about the condensation sensor socket and they will have to make special enquires with BMW to get the part no.
Follow DIY rev 3 that is the latest version.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Members

OK man thanks a lot !!!

Quick Reply: AC basic to AC high retrofit DIY re-write.