Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Problems Encountered

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver4evr' date='Apr 10 2004, 12:32 AM
[quote name='BMW530' date='Apr 6 2004, 04:11 PM'] Anyone experience a tapping/clicking sound when starting in the morning? Sounds like some loose plastic getting caught in the fan. It only happens occasionally.
I had a tapping/clicking sound. The dealer replaced a mechanical belt guide with a hydraulic one.

To demonstate the problem, I dropped the car off in the evening and had the tech cold start it in the morning. I had them wait until I was present, had the hood open so I could point out exactly where the sound was coming from. [/quote]
silver4evr,

Thanks for the reply. Will mention that to the dealer when I pop in next. Hopefully get my Brake Force Display activated at the sometime when they get the software in (which may take ages).
Old 04-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok it happened.... the $%&#* cup holder broke... going in tomorrow for service ... DAMN why can such a great car have so many little stupid problems.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Members

I have a problem with the Nav Pro.

I would like to be driven to Paris from Neuch?tel (Switzerland). There is about 500 km but the Nav Pro chooses a track with 750 km!!

Is this a known problem?
Old 04-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Contributors

You may choose what type of route you want : FAST ROUTE or SHORT ROUTE
Sometimes the fastest route is the longest route!
cHOOOSE WHAT TYPE OF ROUTE YOU WANT IN THE rOUTE CRITERIAS MENU
Old 04-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Members

The 530i only has 8,000 kms and it already developed a clicking noise while turning the steering wheel to the left at low speeds. It does have Active Steering option and I wonder if this has something to do with the problem. Anyway, the dealer says they need to replace the steering box. Anyone else have the same problem? Any technical guys have any comments?

Front Comfort seats make noise while turning the car and during stop-and-go.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pbarch1' date='Apr 11 2004, 06:44 PM
ok it happened.... the $%&#* cup holder broke... going in tomorrow for service ... DAMN why can such a great car have so many little stupid problems.
My cupholder broke also. Wouldn't pop out.

Each version of MS Windows has lots of bugs and Bill Gates is the richest person in the world. I don't know if this is a good analogy but it seems that the more complicated things get, the more problems we have. No matter what you're working with.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Members

My E60 520 takes an age to re-fuel as the petrol pump repeatedly clicks off during filling. I have tried holding the nozel in the filler tube in every different position but to no effect. As a result I never put in more than half a tank as I have got well and truly bored by that time - the downside of my impatience is that I have therefore to make twice as many re fill stops!!!
Mark_yorkshire
Old 04-17-2004, 06:18 AM
Senior Members

Found another glitch this time involving the CD changer:

This happens in a number of situations, but for example: If you return to the car the and the CD was the last source, the display strip at the bottom of the i-drive screen shows the changer disc one further on from the disc it is playing.

For example, you are listening to disc 3, track 8

I drive will show CD 04-08.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

Mark-Yorkshire: Maybe this is what in the world of computers is referred to as a clear case of PEBCAK?

520i here too - and never had the problem.

Tried different petrol stations?

-paasan
Old 04-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark-Yorkshire' date='Apr 16 2004, 05:13 PM
My E60 520 takes an age to re-fuel as the petrol pump repeatedly clicks off during filling. I have tried holding the nozel in the filler tube in every different position but to no effect. As a result I never put in more than half a tank as I have got well and truly bored by that time - the downside of my impatience is that I have therefore to make twice as many re fill stops!!!
Mark_yorkshire
Mark-Yorkshire,

I've had that problem too, especially if I put the nozel in as far as it can go. I find it works better if you push the nozel as far as it can go, then pull it out slightly. If you have a petrol pump/nozel that has a rubber flap (to stop the fumes coming out); if you lean the lower part of the rubber flap to the bottom of the fuel filler it makes it easier.

I hope I made sense from what I just said!

It may also be down to the petrol pumps especially if the station is running low on fuel.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Problems Encountered