Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Problems Encountered

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Skidster stated to me: You can always leave if you don't like it.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:51 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Alright everyone, let's try to keep this thread to JUST E60 problems/glitches/issues, and try to keep it concise.

I can't really make the topic more specific, because it only lets the titles be so long...I think this has been a valuable thread so far, so let's keep it that way.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Contributors

Anyone out there know how to find out what software version is installed..
I'd really like to figure this one out!
Thnaks
Old 03-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pbarch1' date='Mar 16 2004, 05:04 PM
? Anyone out there know how to find out what software version is installed..
I'd really like to figure this one out!
Thnaks
Hold down the trip reset button for about 10 secs until display changes and then scroll through by pressing trip reset button, you will find build date and software version etc.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Members

Yesterday I got a warning on the screen that the bonnet was open. This was however not the case. The message is now shown constantly. The light conformation that the doors are being locked is also out of order. According to the dealer both these problems are known issues and will be solved by a software update. My latest update is equal to December production.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Not sure if the european models get the same update as the states but mine is in the shop for the latest here which came out at the end of Feb. I checked my version by holding down the reset button for a while and then a lot of numbers and things came up, i wrote it down and will check to see if it is the same when i get the car back today i will post my findings. Does your sunroof close with the key off mine does not and this latest update is supposed to fix this and also the update for the voice dialing and cell phone issues.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an

Well got my car back, still have the same troubles and now a new one:

My TCU was replaced for the static in the radio, that seems to be fixed
but my sunroof still does not work with the key off
my seats do not auto go to the programed settings with the remote keys for me or my wife but pushing the memory buttons work

the new wrinkle is now my bmw assist will only call 911 it no longer calls the assist group or concier service, and when reinileized it came up with a red car will be returning it back to the dealer agin for these problems
Old 03-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Senior Members

Well got my car back, still have the same troubles and now a new one:

My TCU was replaced for the static in the radio, that seems to be fixed
but my sunroof still does not work with the key off
my seats do not auto go to the programed settings with the remote keys for me or my wife but pushing the memory buttons work

the new wrinkle is now my bmw assist will only call 911 it no longer calls the assist group or concier service, and when reinileized it came up with a red car will be returning it back to the dealer agin for these problems

also the same numbers are in the display when i checked so either it is the same update or this is not the proper way of checking i dont know
Old 03-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Contributors

After 6 months my idrive started reporting Dynamic Drive failure!
Going to the dealer...
Old 03-28-2004, 12:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jmcaiado' date='Mar 28 2004, 03:08 PM
After 6 months my idrive started reporting Dynamic Drive failure!
Going to the dealer...
Ouch!

Quick Reply: Problems Encountered