Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Problems Encountered

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deleted
Old 11-11-2003, 01:57 AM
JAyeshp

Unhappy

I take delivery of my 525 soon and wondering if these software fixes will already be applied to my new car as they are known bmw glitches>?
Old 11-11-2003, 06:23 AM
Guest_segovia

Originally Posted by JAyeshp' date='Nov 11 2003, 04:57 AM
I take delivery of my 525 soon and wondering if these software fixes will already be applied to my new car as they are known bmw glitches>?
I hope they are, but I wouldn't be very worried about, none of it seems serious, my car hasn't had any problem with the cd since my post.

great choice, enjoy it
Old 11-11-2003, 09:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this might be a little bit work, but it would greatly help this user forum.

Can all of you write a followup post to what BMW service department did to resolve your particular car glitch?
Old 11-11-2003, 06:53 PM

Cool

Had mine for 4 days now no problems at all, so I?m assuming they updated the software?
Old 11-12-2003, 09:38 AM
Members

Mine is going in tomorrow for the software upgrade. I will report then.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Members

Got the software upgrade yesterday. Had the first version before car was built second week of june.
The I-drive system seems to be a bit faster than before the update.
Some things have been revised too.

The Logic 7 setup now has settings off, concerthall and theatre instead of audio, off or video.
The instruction text in the RPA setting has changed and is more easy to understand now.
The MFL (Multifunctional steering wheel) menu has also changed and is now more easy to understand.

Haven?t found any more changes than this yet.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:34 PM

How do you know if you have the upgraded or old version of the I-Drive

and do you go to the dealer for the upgrade?
Old 11-17-2003, 06:06 AM
Members

My CD changer only recognised the first CD out of the six, and since I swapped them around, it completely ignores the CD. It also hangs the i-Drive for a couple of minutes while it ponders the problem. While I'm at it, if anyone has found a way to use the indicators to overtake or pull on or aff at a slip road without occasionally looking like a complete idiot, indicating first one way then the other, then back again etc etc. as you try to cancel them , I would be glad to know the secret.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:47 AM

hi, I have my first (and I hope last) problem. Today when I started the car a message appeared on the screen telling me that there was a problem with the airbags and seat bealts. The dealer says it's nothing to worry about, they can solve it just by reprogramming the software, or something like that.

can anybody tell me if it is related to the software upgrade or not? thanks

Quick Reply: Problems Encountered