Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

NAV CCC Pre-Wiring What? 6UA even need it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Not really...

I'll bet there's someone else here who will though...
Old 06-01-2006, 07:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530I, Black Sapphire, Gray dakota leather, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Audio upgrade, Comfort seats, Rear heated seats

I really didnt think so, but it was worth a shot.....Im amazed, there seems to be many people interested in navigation retrofit and whether it can be one, but no one seems to know...Im to the point now where Im ready to try it but, I have a few loose ends that I must resolve before I begin...the one being the CCC fan wiring....you would think I could get that information from someone somewhere....
Thnaks for all your help Rudy, youve gotten me closer to speding 2000dollars, screwing up my car and voiding my warantee.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nine' post='290945' date='Jun 1 2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all your help Rudy, you've gotten me closer to spending 2000 dollars, screwing up my car and voiding my warantee.
At your service!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530I, Black Sapphire, Gray dakota leather, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Audio upgrade, Comfort seats, Rear heated seats

Hey Rudy, one more thing you might be able to help with....Im going to be ordering the EU Nav retrofit kit today at a price of 4k (US) and try to retrofit it into my 2006 530I...its going to require me to add a microphone where the sunroof controls are, but I dont know how to remove the trim around the window and the A piller, do you have instructions on that....and I also need to change the IDrive controller, do you have directions on how to remove the centerconsole to get to the controller?
As always your help is appreciated....Thanks!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nine' post='308895' date='Jul 10 2006, 11:17 AM
Hey Rudy, one more thing you might be able to help with....Im going to be ordering the EU Nav retrofit kit today at a price of 4k (US) and try to retrofit it into my 2006 530I...its going to require me to add a microphone where the sunroof controls are, but I dont know how to remove the trim around the window and the A piller, do you have instructions on that....and I also need to change the IDrive controller, do you have directions on how to remove the centerconsole to get to the controller?
As always your help is appreciated....Thanks!
Hey Nine,

I must have missed this post last week when you posted it. Here's the information that should get you what you want...

Here's what I think you need to remove the iDrive controller:
Master_replacing_finisher_for_storage_tray.pdf

Here's what you need for doing the microphone:
RA__Removing_and_installing_front_roofliner_trim.pdf
Master_RA_Removing_and_installing_trim_for_front_roof_pillar.pdf

Good luck!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:04 AM
Members

Thumbs down

Well the retrofit kit came yesterday. It looks very complete....I bought it from ROVER, they are selling them on e-bay express. I called and ordered it. Very nice guy, very complete kit...came in about 2 weeks.
The plan is to install the system this weekend (Sat-Sun), then Ill have all week to take it to the dealer if
necessary.
Hopefully everything goes well...some of the directions on how to remove things like the A-piller trim seem a little incomplete, but maybe thats because Ive never done it before...Ill keep you all updated.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:32 AM
Members

Angry

I installed the nav-retrofit kit over the weekend. Its not difficult, but it is time consuming...and be prepared to pry and tug on things to remove them, allot of things are held on by clips and take quite a bit of force to remove.
The CCC and screen replacement is very straight forward and the wiring is easy. However changing the Idrive controller is a headache. I wasnt able to remove the center console but, I was able to lift it from the rear to the point where I could get my hands underneath to lossen the torx screws holding the controller. The next challenge was the headliner mic...running it along the headliner wasnt difficult, but finding a place to run it under the dash by the A-piller took a little time. I poked a wire through from the base of the A-piller closet to the door....attached the other end to the mic wire and pulled it trough. (semi easy). I didnt run a wire to the GPS areial in the shark-fin, instead used the areial from the kit and placed it under the dash to the left of the steering column. I used plastic ties to anchor it to some wires.
So, if you are adventureous and want pro-nav this is really a fairly easy upgrade....now for the bad news.

I believe the kit (CCC) comes with basic software plus NAV loaded in it and since it was a UK kit, its the German version.
First, I have lost all sound from my speakers, neither my radio, CDs or voice systems work though my speakers. What I think (hope) is wrong here is the CCC doesnt know I have the LOGIC7 system and is sending signals across wires that are not connected to anything. My old system use to have a LOGIC7 icon, this does not. Second, I was able to change the display screens from German to English, but all messages that appear at the bottom of the screen are in German and my guess would be if I could hear the voice system, it would be in German as well. Third, Ive lost my icon for Bluetooth and BMW assist...this may mean my connection to the TCU? Fourth, I noticed Ive lost some options...for example, the heated seat option where you could distribute heat from the seat to the back is gone.
I made an appointment for my car to be looked at Thursday this week....I hope these things can all be straightened out with a simple software change.

Oh yah...Im sure you are wondering if the NAV system works....well believe it or not, it does come up but, I dont have the road DVD so I cant get past the point where it asks me for a disk.
Ill let you know what the dealer says....Nine
Old 08-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Members

Hi Nine,
I have purchased the retrofit kit from Rover as well but I did not make the retrofit yet. My car is a 525i produced in Feb. 2005 and fitted with M-ask only. The BMW dealer says that retyrofit can not be done because I do not have CCC preparation (?). I feel that the dealer do not waste their time in a job like this (they did the same when I wanted to retrofit comfort seats, but finally it was perfectly done). I feel that you have now quite good experience, so will appreciate your feed back whether such retrofit could work or not .
Thanks
mwaly
Old 08-14-2006, 06:58 AM
Members

Mwaly, please dont put your kit in yet!!

The install of the kit is seemless, however there were some problems after I installed the kit that I couldnt resolve and needed to go to the dealer. These problems were noted in a prior post. The dealer got the car and said, they believe they need to download software to initialize the module (and Im giving you the abridged version, theyve had my car for a week)....but, since the change is not done by an authorized dealer they cannot waranty it and itll cost me 360 dollars. So they did that...but, then said the module (CCC) is still not comunicating with the rest of the car and they feel they need to download ALL software. They did that and said the CCC is STILL not talking to the rest of the car and they feel the CCC, being a UK version, does not work in US cars??? They said the CCC from UK had some software loaded that is causing an issue, the US versions are blank...by the way this is all being fed to them from BMWNA. To solve all this they will need to do the following steps, 1) put back the M-ASK and download all software...2) set the car up to accept retrofits (I guess it wasnt?), 3) put in the US version of the CCC and again download all software...then test it out. They said that will cost me 2000 dollars...Im looking at 6000+ dollars right now and I still dont know itll work.
So, before you go too much farther, you might want to wait to see how mine comes out...I should know today....I hope.
By the way, they (the dealer) said they are going to try to send back the UK CCC and try to get a 500 dollar core charge back, but they dont know BMWNA will take it.
Ill let you know as soon as I hear something.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Members

I have got a call from my dealer, they said the car is done and it works fine ....Ill give you the details Wednesday cause Im going to watch the PGA practice rounds tomorrow...but, Id hold off installing the kit just yet until I can try to nail down the issues, you may decide not to proceed....

Quick Reply: NAV CCC Pre-Wiring What? 6UA even need it?