Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

NAV CCC Pre-Wiring What? 6UA even need it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 7/2004 Build 530i in So Cal USA.

On this NAV for cars without 6UA option, it looks like according to the SA609 or whatever posting seems to say that 6UA is not necessarily needed. I am lookign for someone with some knowledge on this, not just that BMW says you need it. BMW says alot of BS, just so you wont attempt something. I am wondering what 6UA actually is (i knkow it's CCC pre-wiring, duh). Is it wiring harness or just some option that BMW says you haev to have because they don't want their techs working on so much electronic stuff. Any tech knowledge would be helpful. I really want that NAV and am thinking about just risking it to find out what 6UA really is beyond some stupid generic title like pre-wiring for CCC. Does it just mean that the harness is readily available for them without having to work too hard or is it actually a hard wired component that there is no way in hell could be retrofitted without splicing lines and soldering.

Thanks guys!

Reoly please!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Senior Members

If your in the US, you SOL. BMW NA wont sell the part for this retrofit. They wont allow the dealers to do it. ITs a europe thing only
Old 03-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Members

I've been doing research on a nav retrofit on a US MY2005.

My search yielded a PDF from BMW AG regarding nav retrofits in cars with and without SA606, which is probably the equivalent of 6UA. From the looks of it, all 6UA looks like is wiring from the sharkfin to the CCC (page 9-10.)

nav_retrofit.pdf

While this is possible in the european market, does anyone know of any future plans for BMW NA to have this available for those of us in the US without 6UA?
Old 03-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by itcrashed' date='Mar 9 2005, 01:24 AM
I've been doing research on a nav retrofit on a US MY2005.

My search yielded a PDF from BMW AG regarding nav retrofits in cars with and without SA606, which is probably the equivalent of 6UA.? From the looks of it, all 6UA looks like is wiring from the sharkfin to the CCC (page 9-10.)

Attachment 5582

While this is possible in the european market, does anyone know of any future plans for BMW NA to have this available for those of us in the US without 6UA?
[snapback]98934[/snapback]

What if you were able to buy these peices from a European Dealer? Then I would think you would be able to get it installed. BMW NA probably wouldn't do it for you, but if you got the instruction manual, and got a while till your lease is up you could give yourself Nav.

I guess the downside is that you got to figure out how to get the Software on it. hmm.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:14 PM
JERRY

Originally Posted by RaginBajin' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:11 PM
[quote name='itcrashed' date='Mar 9 2005, 01:24 AM']I've been doing research on a nav retrofit on a US MY2005.

My search yielded a PDF from BMW AG regarding nav retrofits in cars with and without SA606, which is probably the equivalent of 6UA.? From the looks of it, all 6UA looks like is wiring from the sharkfin to the CCC (page 9-10.)

Attachment 5582

What if you were able to buy these peices from a European Dealer? Then I would think you would be able to get it installed. BMW NA probably wouldn't do it for you, but if you got the instruction manual, and got a while till your lease is up you could give yourself Nav.

I guess the downside is that you got to figure out how to get the Software on it. hmm.
[snapback]99384[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 03-14-2005, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by JERRY' date='Mar 15 2005, 12:14 AM
I am in the process of doing my 2005 525i to be retrofit with nab i have all the parts needed and will let you know how it went

[quote name='RaginBajin' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:11 PM'][quote name='itcrashed' date='Mar 9 2005, 01:24 AM']I've been doing research on a nav retrofit on a US MY2005.

Attachment 5582

[snapback]99384[/snapback]
[/quote]
[snapback]101625[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 03-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Members

Its all a crock...yes, I know I should have got it with the car, but for $150/hour and with me saying, "take my money!" BMW should be able to do it in the US. The BMW AG PDF makes it very clear what needs to be done - and if its 8 hours of labor, then so be it! $150x8=$1200 labor + $2000 in parts...if someone wants to get it done at that price...they be allowed to.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 525i, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Interior w/poplar wood trim, Tinted Windows, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Stick-shift, Bluetooth, AUX Input

Any Updates on this retrofit would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old 04-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ajay' date='Apr 14 2005, 02:24 PM

Thanks!!
[snapback]115536[/snapback]
Looks like you have a 2004 ... do you have option 6UA installed? If you do, you can get it installed for $1800. If you don't have 6UA...you are SOL for now.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ajay' date='Apr 14 2005, 03:24 PM

Thanks!!
[snapback]115536[/snapback]
For 2003 build E-60's, you have until the end of May, 2005 to have it retrofitted for $1800. Any amount over that is picked up by the warranty. Beginning June, 2005, BMW will not pick up the additional amount over $1800. Call the parts department of your local BMW dealership or BMWNA, give them your VIN and they can tell you if you have the necessary option 6UA. Do you have the voice icon near your i-drive controller? I believe you need the two icons near the i-drive controller. This is for U.S. spec cars.

Quick Reply: NAV CCC Pre-Wiring What? 6UA even need it?