Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Maintance Policy Change

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

do it yourself for about $70 and 15 minutes of time. Seriously, its not like its that difficult if you're that worried about it.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Jet Black 545i w/ sport pkg, nav, HUD

Originally Posted by harhoang
I'm rather annoyed, I went to Brecht BMW in Escondido, CA, and was turned away. It's been about
1.7 years since my last oil change, this is my daily ride in stop/go traffic. They said I have to follow what the CBS says. I told my advisor that this goes through stop/go traffic everyday and that I've been in situations before where I'd pay for the manual oil change, and the CBS hasn't been reset, so it's not like the CBS is truly monitoring the oil quality. Anyways he sided with me and would personally give an oil change because there's no reason why someone would want to leave old oil in an expensive machine, but he could not honor my request.

I took a picture through the oil cap, and wonder if the black little peices are clunks of oil sludge. Could someone advise? An oil change is going to cost about $320-ish bucks at Brecht BMW

http://db.tt/odxSQLB
http://db.tt/n0IJsVy

Thanks
It's definitely a DIY...1.7 years between oil changes on a daily driver is crazy!!! Spend the $50 and diy. You drive a $50,000 car for crying out loud!!
will
Old 09-25-2010, 05:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by Newdetour
I purchased the extended maintance policy for my E60. The dealer informed me that BMW has changed the policy and will not provide annual oil changes if the car was driven more than 6000 miles. I called BMW customer service and they acted like I was a completely unreasonable idiot since I wanted them to either honor the agreement, or refund the money.
They said they can change the policy anythime they want.
I am shocked that BMW NA would treat their customers with such disregard.
This applies to all BMWs under maintance whether extended or during the original 4 years.

Here is the BMW info:
In order to perform an annual low-mileage oil change and receive payment under the BMW Maintenance Program, the following criteria must be met:

At least one full year must have passed since the original in-service date (listed in DCSnet) or the date of the last engine oil change; and
The vehicle must have been driven 6,000 miles or less.
Note: The sixty-day rule (as defined in the BMW Maintenance Program Center Operations Manual) does not apply to the annual low-mileage oil change. Additional vehicle fluids and/or additives top-ups cannot be claimed with this service, e.g., washer fluid.
extended service is a complete rip off. In four years of service I received maybe 6 oil changes. So equiv to $500 bucks. I've yet to deplete even he brake pads which need 14k more on a 45k mileage car.

So do your own service. Oil changes are easy and pads aren't difficult. I just need a kit for the oil bleed for the brakes and new spark plugs at 60k.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530, Nav, HUD, Sat Radio, Xenon, Cold Pkg,

Must be the blind are leading the blind at BMWNA

Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 11:14 AM
Subject: Dealer Communication: BMW Service Policy Reversal

BMW of North America, LLC
Dealer Communication

To All: BMW Dealer Principals, Center Operators and General Managers

Dear Partners,

Based on feedback from our BMW Centers, please be advised the following
criterion will be removed, effective immediately, from the recent policy
amendment to the annual low mileage oil change service as outlined in SI B01 04
10 (August 2010):

· ?The vehicle must have been driven 6,000 miles or less.?

The policy will return to the previous requirement allowing for an annual low
mileage oil change to be performed if the vehicle did not have a required engine
oil change service performed during the previous 12 months.

The BMW Maintenance Program Operations Manual and SI B01 04 10 will be updated
accordingly.

Best regards,

Salim Murr
Manager, Warranties
BMW of North America, LLC