Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Maintance Policy Change

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530, Nav, HUD, Sat Radio, Xenon, Cold Pkg,

I purchased the extended maintance policy for my E60. The dealer informed me that BMW has changed the policy and will not provide annual oil changes if the car was driven more than 6000 miles. I called BMW customer service and they acted like I was a completely unreasonable idiot since I wanted them to either honor the agreement, or refund the money.
They said they can change the policy anythime they want.
I am shocked that BMW NA would treat their customers with such disregard.
This applies to all BMWs under maintance whether extended or during the original 4 years.

Here is the BMW info:
In order to perform an annual low-mileage oil change and receive payment under the BMW Maintenance Program, the following criteria must be met:

At least one full year must have passed since the original in-service date (listed in DCSnet) or the date of the last engine oil change; and
The vehicle must have been driven 6,000 miles or less.
Note: The sixty-day rule (as defined in the BMW Maintenance Program Center Operations Manual) does not apply to the annual low-mileage oil change. Additional vehicle fluids and/or additives top-ups cannot be claimed with this service, e.g., washer fluid.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

They'll still change your oil based on the CBS indicator so, as discussed in the following thread, I really don't think this is a major issue for most people:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/103...il-maintenance
Old 09-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Members

More and more I think the free maintenance is just a gimmick. The more I read about the Old School Maintenance Schedule from Mike the more I feel I should stop thinking about the free maintenance and just pay for my own maintenance. :thumbsdown:
Old 09-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Members

I just bought CPO ... I also bought extended maintenance. I bought the car 4 weeks back. Do you know if It's possible to return this maintenance package back ?
Old 09-22-2010, 05:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530, Nav, HUD, Sat Radio, Xenon, Cold Pkg,

I still feel ripped. On one of my cars, the extended maintenance ends in early October, the mileage won?t request an oil change for another 4000 miles, and the annual date passed in September.

On my second car, the story is almost the same. The four year calendar is up in December, and the mileage won?t trigger until February.

BTW, since all miles are on the highway, the trigger point is around 19000 miles which fairly extreme to start with.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Originally Posted by attila316
More and more I think the free maintenance is just a gimmick. The more I read about the Old School Maintenance Schedule from Mike the more I feel I should stop thinking about the free maintenance and just pay for my own maintenance. :thumbsdown:
Mike's list is a good rule of thumb - however many of the numbers can be bumped up by a few thousand.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Members

where is the new clause mentioned ?

I am not able to find it ?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Members

I'm rather annoyed, I went to Brecht BMW in Escondido, CA, and was turned away. It's been about
1.7 years since my last oil change, this is my daily ride in stop/go traffic. They said I have to follow what the CBS says. I told my advisor that this goes through stop/go traffic everyday and that I've been in situations before where I'd pay for the manual oil change, and the CBS hasn't been reset, so it's not like the CBS is truly monitoring the oil quality. Anyways he sided with me and would personally give an oil change because there's no reason why someone would want to leave old oil in an expensive machine, but he could not honor my request.

I took a picture through the oil cap, and wonder if the black little peices are clunks of oil sludge. Could someone advise? An oil change is going to cost about $320-ish bucks at Brecht BMW

http://db.tt/odxSQLB
http://db.tt/n0IJsVy

Thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

IMO the maintenance upgrade pays for itself with one or two brake jobs. I got my extended maintenence for $1700 and have gotten plenty out of it so far...but I will fall short of the next 'major' service on the miles.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by harhoang
I'm rather annoyed, I went to Brecht BMW in Escondido, CA, and was turned away. It's been about
1.7 years since my last oil change, this is my daily ride in stop/go traffic. They said I have to follow what the CBS says. I told my advisor that this goes through stop/go traffic everyday and that I've been in situations before where I'd pay for the manual oil change, and the CBS hasn't been reset, so it's not like the CBS is truly monitoring the oil quality. Anyways he sided with me and would personally give an oil change because there's no reason why someone would want to leave old oil in an expensive machine, but he could not honor my request.

I took a picture through the oil cap, and wonder if the black little peices are clunks of oil sludge. Could someone advise? An oil change is going to cost about $320-ish bucks at Brecht BMW

http://db.tt/odxSQLB
http://db.tt/n0IJsVy

Thanks
$320 for an oil change? Sioux Falls BMW will do for about $100.

Quick Reply: Maintance Policy Change