Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Expected Arrival

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by SveaRike' date='Dec 6 2004, 08:45 PM
There up in Oxnard, not LB.? Unfortunately my dealorship is just telling me anytime from Tues. til Thurs. now.? All I know is that it cleared Customs last Wed. night, and like I said, Euro deliveries are on the back burner for BMW cause they want to get the cars sold on delivery out first.??

SveaRike
[snapback]65895[/snapback]
ACK~~ that means December deliveries would be backed up too... Nooooooooooooooooooo :'( I have a Priority 1 car Cars on order and sold upon delivery... but still...
Old 12-06-2004, 09:48 PM
SPdriver

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Dec 6 2004, 09:09 PM
[quote name='SPdriver' date='Dec 6 2004, 09:10 AM']I have? no idea where it is, and neither does the dealer. It was on the MS Grus, but it hasn't reached the VPC. There must be a delay somewhere. I did get a ltter from BMW stating that delays through customs and agriculture are running up to 20 days!
[snapback]65469[/snapback]
Wait so it was suppose to arrive at PORT HUENEME or at Long Beach? I thought there wasnt any delays at PORT HUENEME...
[snapback]65818[/snapback]
[/quote]

Port Hueneme, on the Grus. SveaRike's car got through Customs and Ag on the 1st, 5 days after the "supposed" docking date. Thats not as bad as 20 days predicted as possible by BMW. However it still has to go through the VPC, be delivered and given the dealers final check out. No word at all on mine, with the same priority.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:24 PM
SPdriver

Originally Posted by SveaRike' date='Dec 6 2004, 10:45 PM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Dec 6 2004, 09:09 PM'][quote name='SPdriver' date='Dec 6 2004, 09:10 AM']I have? no idea where it is, and neither does the dealer. It was on the MS Grus, but it hasn't reached the VPC. There must be a delay somewhere. I did get a ltter from BMW stating that delays through customs and agriculture are running up to 20 days!
[snapback]65469[/snapback]
Wait so it was suppose to arrive at PORT HUENEME or at Long Beach? I thought there wasnt any delays at PORT HUENEME...
[snapback]65818[/snapback]
[/quote]

There up in Oxnard, not LB. Unfortunately my dealorship is just telling me anytime from Tues. til Thurs. now. All I know is that it cleared Customs last Wed. night, and like I said, Euro deliveries are on the back burner for BMW cause they want to get the cars sold on delivery out first.

SveaRike
[snapback]65895[/snapback]
[/quote]

Have you got the car? Has it emerged from the VPC even? Mine is still nowhere in sight! I wonder if a car is damaged if they will admit to it. I am not aware of any obligation by BMW or the dealer to disclose everything.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Black Anthracite. Sport Pkg, HUD, NAV, 20-way Comfort Seats, Prem Snd Pkg Logic7, Htd Rear Seats, Rear side impact, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seat/Ski bag, Soon 2B chromed rims. Picked up in Munich, Drove it to Prague, Vienna, Salburg & Bremerhaven. Put on 1300 miles. Enjoyed driving it 140mph on Autobahn (4,400 rpm).

[/quote]

Have you got the car? Has it emerged from the VPC even? Mine is still nowhere in sight! I wonder if a car is damaged if they will admit to it. I am not aware of any obligation by BMW or the dealer to disclose everything.
[snapback]66746[/snapback]
[/quote]

SPdriver,

Still no flippin car yet! Two Sales Mgrs at South Bay BMW left a message for "John" at the VPC, however "John" did not return their calls yesterday. One of them said that John blows them off when it gets close to shipping time. Anyway, it better arrive Thursday, I'm heading to Chicago on Fri. for the weekend, and I want it to be tucked away in my garage waiting for me to return.

SveaRike
Old 12-09-2004, 05:03 AM
Members

My car was also on the Grus. My SA now says there is a separate line for ED cars that gets more scrutiny and is therefore slower. She is unable to say when it will appear in Santa Ana. The VPC guy was not helpful.

They need to get a better tracking system so we at least can verify where the car is and what a realistic ETA is.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:20 AM
SPdriver

Originally Posted by PaulK' date='Dec 9 2004, 09:03 AM
My car was also on the Grus.? My SA now says there is a separate line for ED cars that gets more scrutiny and is therefore slower. She is unable to say when it will appear in Santa Ana.? The VPC guy was not helpful.

They need to get a better tracking system so we at least can verify where the car is and what a realistic ETA is.
[snapback]66964[/snapback]
They do indeed need to give the customer a better tracking system. I have already put in some comments to BMW. We will see if there is a reply, or if it gets ignored. After all thoise of us on ED system have paid; they owe us!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:07 PM
SPdriver

Has anyone whose car was on the Pegasus Diamond or even the Fuji got their car; please let us know! When and how long did it take?
Old 12-10-2004, 05:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Pegasus Diamond:
Arrived Monday night.
Ship unloaded Tuesdayonto US Custom's lot
Wednesday: US Custom
Thursday: Thanxgiving Holiday-US Custom
Friday: US Custom (day after thanxgiving, VPC closed)
Saturday: US Custom (weekend)
Sunday: US Custom (weekend)
Monday: US Custom
Tuesday: Car cleared US Custom and released to BMW VPC
Wednesday: VPC
Thursday Late Thursday Car Cleared VPC and released to Carrier
Friday: Carrier Loaded onto truck at 2:00PM; Subsequently delivered to Dealer at 1:00AM Saturday
Saturday: Picked up car at 10:45AM BIG Smile ear to ear thereafter.

hope this helps,

beewang
Old 12-10-2004, 07:05 AM
SPdriver

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Dec 10 2004, 09:03 AM
Pegasus Diamond:
Arrived Monday night.
Ship unloaded Tuesdayonto US Custom's lot
Wednesday: US Custom
Thursday: Thanxgiving Holiday-US Custom
Friday: US Custom (day after thanxgiving, VPC closed)
Saturday: US Custom (weekend)
Sunday: US Custom? (weekend)
Monday: US Custom
Tuesday: Car cleared US Custom and released to BMW VPC
Wednesday: VPC
Thursday? Late Thursday Car Cleared VPC and released to Carrier
Friday: Carrier Loaded onto truck at 2:00PM; Subsequently delivered to Dealer at 1:00AM Saturday
Saturday: Picked up car at 10:45AM BIG Smile ear to ear thereafter.

hope this helps,

beewang
[snapback]67415[/snapback]
Thanks Beewang! Its impressive; less than two weeks through the whole process, including Thanksgiving Holiday. Ok so your car was a priority 1, right? Euro deliveries apparently have lower priority, anyway they are certainly moving slower. Assuming the Grus actually arrived on the 26th, we are at 14 days today with no sign of movement; i.e apparently stuck at customs.

Enjoy your car!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by SPdriver' date='Dec 10 2004, 10:05 AM
....less than two weeks through the whole process, including Thanksgiving Holiday. Ok so your car was a priority 1, right? Euro deliveries apparently have lower priority, anyway they are certainly moving slower. Assuming the Grus actually arrived on the 26th, we are at 14 days today with no sign of movement; i.e apparently stuck at customs.......

No... my car is also ED. Totol of 57 days from Frankfurt drop-off to Pickup in US.

From my experince, there is not norm you can gauge by. Its all depends on the luck of the draw.

Just relax.... there is nothing you can do to make the process to go by faster. It will be here before you know it.

cheers,

beewang

Quick Reply: Expected Arrival