Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Expected Arrival

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 04:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome aboard, davoe.
You would love to hang around here.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Nov 4 2004, 05:25 PM
Okay? fellas, here?s the deal:

BMW currently use two different shipping companies:
1) Wallenius Wilhelmsen
2) NYK Lines
If your car is on board of? Wallenius ship, you can track the ship?s schedule by simply input the VIN number of your car as the cargo ID at their website. See link below:

http://www.wlna.com/www/customerCentre/car...gLaunchPage.htm

If your car is on board of NYK?s ship (like me) then you are S.O.L. as NYK does not have that ability currently at their web site (Maybe next year but not now).

Since I know the ship my car is on, I am able to use my contact at NYK?s office and check up on the progress.

I don?t want to pester my contact at NYK Lines so I am limiting my check-up on the ship?s schedule on a weekly basis (every Friday).? I will post the latest estimated date tomorrow.

Couple more items
1) MS Pegasus Diamond was originally scheduled to arrive Port Hueneme on 11/22/04 The current timing of 11/29~11/20 is much improved.
2) There is a boat arriving Port Hueneme practically every other day Here?s a short list that I am aware of:
Titus 11/11
Fuji 11/14
MS Pegasus Diamond 11/20
MS Grus 11/23
Falstaff 11/26
Mignon 12/21
Takara 12/05
Don Quijote 12/13
Boheme 12/11
Isolde 12/23

Just to name a few?

Quite frankly? knowing the name of the ship is absolutely useless ?.car can/do get damaged all the time and VPC will have to fix it and thus delays the process.

Keep the faith fellas,

beewang
[snapback]52758[/snapback]

Anyone know of a ship thats going to arrive at Oxnard CA on 12/15... my dealer gave me that date but not ship name...
Old 12-05-2004, 06:18 PM
SPdriver

It looks like deliveries are quite delayed. The MS Grus was supposed to arrive on the 23rd, or the 26th, or even the 27th November depending who you believe. Does anybody know if it actually arrived. The dealer cannot (apparently) find out anything either. It looks like the comment about there being 3000 vehicles infront applies. Anybody got their car?
Old 12-05-2004, 09:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by SPdriver' date='Dec 5 2004, 08:18 PM
It looks like deliveries are quite delayed. The MS Grus was supposed to arrive on the 23rd, or the 26th, or even the 27th November? depending who you believe. Does anybody know if it actually arrived. The dealer cannot (apparently) find out anything either. It looks like the comment about there being 3000 vehicles infront applies. Anybody got their car?
[snapback]65280[/snapback]

Eh? so you're saying it STILL hasnt arrived yet? what port was it suppose to goto?
Old 12-06-2004, 07:10 AM
SPdriver

I have no idea where it is, and neither does the dealer. It was on the MS Grus, but it hasn't reached the VPC. There must be a delay somewhere. I did get a ltter from BMW stating that delays through customs and agriculture are running up to 20 days!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Black Anthracite. Sport Pkg, HUD, NAV, 20-way Comfort Seats, Prem Snd Pkg Logic7, Htd Rear Seats, Rear side impact, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seat/Ski bag, Soon 2B chromed rims. Picked up in Munich, Drove it to Prague, Vienna, Salburg & Bremerhaven. Put on 1300 miles. Enjoyed driving it 140mph on Autobahn (4,400 rpm).

Originally Posted by SPdriver' date='Dec 5 2004, 10:18 PM
It looks like deliveries are quite delayed. The MS Grus was supposed to arrive on the 23rd, or the 26th, or even the 27th November? depending who you believe. Does anybody know if it actually arrived. The dealer cannot (apparently) find out anything either. It looks like the comment about there being 3000 vehicles infront applies. Anybody got their car?
[snapback]65280[/snapback]
MY car was on the Grus and it was released by customs & agriculture on Wednesday the 1st at 4:55pm. I confirmed this with Ted Rausch, the freight forwarder in Long Beach. I'm holding by breath that today is the day it arrives at South Bay BMW. Apparently Euro Delivery cars are 2nd priority because they are already sold, according to the dealorship manager. They are coded as follows:

0 = Sold, (ie, Euro Deliv).
1 = Cars on order, sold on delivery.
3 = Normal dealership inventory.

1 beats a 0, 0 beats a 3.

Good Luck!

SveaRike
Old 12-06-2004, 12:32 PM
SPdriver

Thanks. That is reasonably encouraging. Was your car a Euro delivery? Mine was, and that is why it could lag behind yours.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Black Anthracite. Sport Pkg, HUD, NAV, 20-way Comfort Seats, Prem Snd Pkg Logic7, Htd Rear Seats, Rear side impact, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seat/Ski bag, Soon 2B chromed rims. Picked up in Munich, Drove it to Prague, Vienna, Salburg & Bremerhaven. Put on 1300 miles. Enjoyed driving it 140mph on Autobahn (4,400 rpm).

Originally Posted by SPdriver' date='Dec 6 2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks. That is reasonably encouraging. Was your car a Euro delivery? Mine was, and that is why it could lag behind yours.

[snapback]65643[/snapback]
SP Driver,

Yep, my 545i is a Euro Delivery. Heading to the dealership now to see if they got any trucks in from wagoneer.

SveaRike
Old 12-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SPdriver' date='Dec 6 2004, 09:10 AM
I have? no idea where it is, and neither does the dealer. It was on the MS Grus, but it hasn't reached the VPC. There must be a delay somewhere. I did get a ltter from BMW stating that delays through customs and agriculture are running up to 20 days!
[snapback]65469[/snapback]
Wait so it was suppose to arrive at PORT HUENEME or at Long Beach? I thought there wasnt any delays at PORT HUENEME...
Old 12-06-2004, 06:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Dec 6 2004, 09:09 PM
[quote name='SPdriver' date='Dec 6 2004, 09:10 AM']I have? no idea where it is, and neither does the dealer. It was on the MS Grus, but it hasn't reached the VPC. There must be a delay somewhere. I did get a ltter from BMW stating that delays through customs and agriculture are running up to 20 days!
[snapback]65469[/snapback]
Wait so it was suppose to arrive at PORT HUENEME or at Long Beach? I thought there wasnt any delays at PORT HUENEME...
[snapback]65818[/snapback]
[/quote]

There up in Oxnard, not LB. Unfortunately my dealorship is just telling me anytime from Tues. til Thurs. now. All I know is that it cleared Customs last Wed. night, and like I said, Euro deliveries are on the back burner for BMW cause they want to get the cars sold on delivery out first.

SveaRike

Quick Reply: Expected Arrival