Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Dec 21 2004, 06:24 PM
6)? ? ? ? ? ? How does this look?? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Silgry or White/Beige 545i
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? step, sport, prem, CW, Nav, Split Fold,

Any help is greatly appreciated.?

PS? My 2003 A4 is going back to the dealer for yet another repair.? Four somewhat major items thus far and a total of four weeks in a loaner car.? I?m getting wary of Audis.?

CVT Benhogan

[snapback]71134[/snapback]
Sounds very nice. Silver Grey and Beige I reckon are the classiest combo. The only problem is that the beige shows up dirt easier that darker colours. My own seat is starting to show some dirt (not too much mind) after 4 months so I reckon I'll be buying a leather cleaner soon. Externally, the E60 design is very colour sensitive and to my eyes, lighter colours show it up better. I know everyone thinks their own combo is the cat pyjamas, but as you say, it is in the BMW catalogue as they want to show it at its best.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

All your questions have pretty much been answered; so I'll offer some commentary...

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Dec 21 2004, 04:21 PM
As for the E60, the silver gray exterior looks great, which is probably why it appears prominently on the main brochure.? The lighter colors allow you to see the various curves and flowing creases on the body.? It makes the car look bigger too.? Silver is nice, albeit very common without the unique and expensive look of the silver gray.? My issue is that I haven?t seen a silver grey sport yet and non-sport cars versions look real plain and dark.? White is nice too, I just haven?t seen one with 18?s.? I think the beige offers the most contrast and warmth to the cabin.? I?m generally not a beige guy.? ? Too bad BMW can?t offer the amaretto color of the A6, as the Auburn is not for the subtle types like me.? ?
SilverGray/Beige is an awesome combo. Of course, I'm a little biased. What I wish is that BMWNA would let us get the Truffle Brown or Amethyst leather. Now those are some classy colors. Sometimes I really _hate_ the way BMWNA limits our options. SilverGray looks good in almost every lighting condition. The only case where it doesn't look stunning is with very cloudy, gray skies. Then it looks a bit like a US Navy warship.

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Dec 21 2004, 04:21 PM
ED looks good.? When did you have to pay for your car?? I?d hate to pay in full 2 months prior to pickup and then wait another 2 months for delivery.? That?s like making payments without the car.?
Actually, the ED program has changed to where you only pay for your car 14 days in advance of pickup. Before, it was only 30 days. If you are going to lease, you make the first payment 14 days prior to pickup, and BMWFS makes the 2nd payment, and then you make all the rest.

ED is far and away the best and only way to pick up a new BMW. Check out my little ED travel log at www.thebelkfamily.net/travel to see a small gallery of photos and a trip diary.

Do it, you won't be disappointed.

-MrB
Old 12-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mrbelk' date='Dec 21 2004, 04:10 PM
SilverGray/Beige is an awesome combo.? Of course, I'm a little biased.? What I wish is that BMWNA would let us get the Truffle Brown or Amethyst leather.? Now those are some classy colors.? Sometimes I really _hate_ the way BMWNA limits our options.? SilverGray looks good in almost every lighting condition.? The only case where it doesn't look stunning is with very cloudy, gray skies.? Then it looks a bit like a US Navy warship.

[snapback]71234[/snapback]
In Canada we can order both the Truffle Brown and the Amethyst Letter. The Amethyst looks darker than it does in person (very light brown, almost gray-ish). I would be concerned how quickly it would get dirty ... that said, the Truffle Brown looks great ...
Old 12-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Dec 21 2004, 07:15 PM
3) Ask the people there nicely (but be presistent) that you would like NO HOLES drilled on your front bumper and ask them to just take use the black? double sided tape and to tape the front plate into place.

4) Don't forget to thank them, as they are doing you a favor and operating out of procedure.
[snapback]71156[/snapback]
It is required by law to have a license plate in the front, attached to the bumper. Now you can argue that two-way-tape is also "attaching" the plate to the bumper... In the law it doesn't say that the license plate needs to be screwed in. The most license plates are in a black frame, where the frame is drilled into the bumper, but the license plate is not. So it's not required, but this is some more BMW BS (just like speed limiters and no TV while car is in motion) they do without giving the actual car owner/driver the choice.
So, they will drill hole... But if you ask them nicely they can do it with two-way-tape... It's not against the law...
Even my dealer uses two-way-tape on the demonstration cars...

Just ask them NICELY, as Beewang mentioned above!
Old 12-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Contributors

ED looks good.? When did you have to pay for your car?? I?d hate to pay in full 2 months prior to pickup and then wait another 2 months for delivery.? That?s like making payments without the car.?

I haven't paid for my car, yet. I need to pay first of the new year, which is 2 weeks before my scheduled pick-up date.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i 6-speed, Orient Blue, blk interior, sport pkg, cold weather pkg, navigation, bluetooth, Sirius. Euro Delivery 1/14/05

My dealer made me pay 30 days in advance. I also don't want the holes in the bumper. Kansas doesn't require tags on the front of the car.