Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Active steering worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by urbo73' date='Feb 15 2005, 11:12 AM
Lighten up! It's only a thread. No harm has been done. People need to relax a bit. e60.net is a fine forum. People just sometimes (myself included) get into heated arguments that may appear or be silly. No biggie. These is the exception here - not the rule. But in the end it's all in good fun if you ask me. It's OK IMO to have these threads here and there. There is some humour here too. It's not the end of the world. Nobody is out to get anybody!
[snapback]90439[/snapback]
It is not the heavy hand I am having a difficult time with. It is trying to find the useful (key word here is useful) information in all this heated debate. If this discussion had been more on point without all the asides it would have really been quite good. I know I did not take offense personally, rather, it all looked pretty silly. It is, after all, several pages now and it is hard to find and follow the real meat of the topic.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Feb 15 2005, 11:07 AM
Can we get rid of this thread?? There are more civilized discussions on AS in other threads without all this vitriolic diatribe.? While I agree that such terms as "can't live without it" or "I love it" do little to explain the benefits of AS many have contributed.? The fact that some do not like AS, found subjective and objective reasons and include those comments is also welcomed to those of us trying to make buying decisions.? But this continual sniping is not what I had come to expect and admire about E60.net.? IMO this thread should be canned.
[snapback]90437[/snapback]
I think this thread is fine... I think were all done w/ arguing (at least on this topic ) Its just a lil' healthy argumrnt/flame war. I personally am not holding a grudge against anyone, and I hope no one else is.

Its nice to have a lil display of opinion, although I must say.. ... at one point I want to ring his neck But Urbo is alright. As is Teriyaki88.

Now... how about this next topic :

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>TASTE GREAT!!!</span> your turn urbo
Old 02-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Less Filling!!!!!!</span>

Teriyaki
Old 02-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

I can't taste my beeeeeeer :'(
Old 02-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Ok, where are the two busty babes to fight this one out!

Never mind, found them...
Attached Thumbnails Active steering worth the money?-the_miller_girls_l1.jpg  
Old 02-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

This is the most entertaining topic I have read on this site, but I do admit it is getting a little tiring.

The question was is active steering worth the money?

My father always told me never bring up money, politics or religion in a conversation. Good advice, look whats happened.

The only way for sure is to try both and see if you think it is worth the money.

You still get to drive a great car with or without it.

Cheers!
Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by KenTO' date='Feb 15 2005, 12:58 PM
This is the most entertaining topic I have read on this site, but I do admit it is getting a little tiring.

The question was is active steering worth the money?

My father always told me never bring up money, politics or religion in a conversation.? Good advice, look whats happened.

The only way for sure is to try both and see if you think it is worth the money.

You still get to drive a great car with or without it.

Cheers!?
[snapback]90481[/snapback]
Bah!!

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Taste Great!!!!!!!
</span>
Old 02-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by urbo73' date='Feb 15 2005, 06:12 PM
People just sometimes (myself included) get into heated arguments that may appear or be silly. No biggie. These is the exception here - not the rule. But in the end it's all in good fun if you ask me. It's OK IMO to have these threads here and there. There is some humour here too. It's not the end of the world. Nobody is out to get anybody!
It's just like a great football match IMO.
After the game is over we are friends again. But on the field... Oh boy...
Old 02-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Feb 15 2005, 02:54 PM
Ok, where are the two busty babes to fight this one out!

Never mind, found them...
[snapback]90477[/snapback]
I'll trade my 545 for both of them...together.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 15 2005, 03:11 PM
[quote name='urbo73' date='Feb 15 2005, 06:12 PM']People just sometimes (myself included) get into heated arguments that may appear or be silly. No biggie. These is the exception here - not the rule. But in the end it's all in good fun if you ask me. It's OK IMO to have these threads here and there. There is some humour here too. It's not the end of the world. Nobody is out to get anybody!
It's just like a great football match IMO.
After the game is over we are friends again. But on the field... Oh boy...
[snapback]90488[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, true. And today I'm tired just like after a game. Wheew!

Or maybe I'm tired from the workout since I don't have AS?

No matter what, we always need to end with something about AS in each message

Quick Reply: Active steering worth the money?