Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I use the Bluetooth all the time...but

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 03:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='214268
I am using a Motorola E 815, when on hands free bluetooth, I have to hit main menu button on my cell phone and then a window pops up and I scroll down to transfer call and it switches to handset.

Which phone are you using?
motorola v555
I'll have to try that...do you do that while driving as well?

Thanks for all your help guys! I am going to test all the options you mentioned and let you know what works.
happy holiday!
[/quote]

Yes I do it while driving. While on a handsfree bluetooth call in the car, I press main menu button on my 815 and a window pops up with various options, I scroll down to "Transfer Call" and it switches to handset. Just be carefull because one of the options I think states transfer to either headset or handset, can't remember, if you choose this option the call transfers but after 10 seconds it automatically transfers back to car's handsfree. This was driving me nuts until I tried the next menu option on th pop up screen which just reads."transfer call", that was the correct one and call stays on your handset. Keep in mind that this is not permanent, meaning after you end the call, everything defaults back so the next call is back to handsfree while you are in the car, you have to transfer each call on it's own.

I have gotten real good at doing this in a flash, as I once had a client in my car , accepted a call which from from my clients competitor and could not transfer the call, I landed up hanging up on the guy. I made sure to find out how to operate the transfer will quick after that.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Originally Posted by gabman' post='214364
The only way to transfer the call back to the phone is using the menu options in your phone to transfer the call from a Bluetooth connection to the Phone. Any phone will have options to let you transfer a call back and forth between the phone and a bluetooth connection. So when you stop your car you should be able to transfer it to your phone.

However, while you are driving with others and you want to take a call in your phone for a private hearing or you are standing outside of your car with the ignition ON (the phone gets paired), I find it annoying that the BMW Bluetooth connection always transfers' the call back to the car. Even after repeatedly transfering the call to the phone, after about 10 seconds of conversation using the phone, the call gets transferred to car. The only way I have gotten around is by disabling the Bluetooth momentarily on my phone. I have tried using Sony Erricson 610 and Nokia 6230 and this behavior is the same. So, I blame it on the car Bluetooth software. I have used a Bluetooth headset like Jabra and when I specify on the phone that I dont want to use the bluetooth headset for attending a particular call, it works well and the headset does not take over the call unlike the car.

I really think this is a bug in the BMW bluetooth software

I had the same problem with my Moto E 815, I would switch to handset and then after 10 seconds the call switched back to car hands free. I realized that I was using the wrong menu option on my cell phone to switch the call back to my Cell phone. I believe that I was using menu option on Cell phone to switch call to handset instead of using the next menu option which states, Transfer call. unfortunately I cannot duplicate this right now as the menu options only appear on my cell phone when I am enganged on a telephone call, I will check when I get into my car later today and advise.

In the meantime, check your particular phone and make sure that you are using the right menu option to switch from cars bluetooth back to cell phone or check your cell phone manual, I am sure that this could be the problem as I had the exact thing happen to me.
[/quote]

guess what? didn't work today ...I had the same problem you guys described. less than 10 seconds I was back to square one. I couldn't find another option to switch to. please let me know which menu option to press since we both use Motorola. and I thought I figured it out...
Old 12-23-2005, 02:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='214673
Originally Posted by ChennaiMR' post='213993' date='Dec 21 2005, 10:09 AM
The only way to transfer the call back to the phone is using the menu options in your phone to transfer the call from a Bluetooth connection to the Phone. Any phone will have options to let you transfer a call back and forth between the phone and a bluetooth connection. So when you stop your car you should be able to transfer it to your phone.

However, while you are driving with others and you want to take a call in your phone for a private hearing or you are standing outside of your car with the ignition ON (the phone gets paired), I find it annoying that the BMW Bluetooth connection always transfers' the call back to the car. Even after repeatedly transfering the call to the phone, after about 10 seconds of conversation using the phone, the call gets transferred to car. The only way I have gotten around is by disabling the Bluetooth momentarily on my phone. I have tried using Sony Erricson 610 and Nokia 6230 and this behavior is the same. So, I blame it on the car Bluetooth software. I have used a Bluetooth headset like Jabra and when I specify on the phone that I dont want to use the bluetooth headset for attending a particular call, it works well and the headset does not take over the call unlike the car.

I really think this is a bug in the BMW bluetooth software

I had the same problem with my Moto E 815, I would switch to handset and then after 10 seconds the call switched back to car hands free. I realized that I was using the wrong menu option on my cell phone to switch the call back to my Cell phone. I believe that I was using menu option on Cell phone to switch call to handset instead of using the next menu option which states, Transfer call. unfortunately I cannot duplicate this right now as the menu options only appear on my cell phone when I am enganged on a telephone call, I will check when I get into my car later today and advise.

In the meantime, check your particular phone and make sure that you are using the right menu option to switch from cars bluetooth back to cell phone or check your cell phone manual, I am sure that this could be the problem as I had the exact thing happen to me.
guess what? didn't work today ...I had the same problem you guys described. less than 10 seconds I was back to square one. I couldn't find another option to switch to. please let me know which menu option to press since we both use Motorola. and I thought I figured it out...
[/quote]

Miss525i

On my Motorola E815, while on a bluetooth call, I press main menu button on my Cell phone and a window pops up with about 6 options.

1st - My Telephone Number
2nd - Use Handset
3rd - Transfer

One would think that the 2nd option is the correct one to transfer the call from hands free to your Cell phone, however in Motorola's twisted mind the correct option is the 3rd one - Transfer.

It will work with the second option , however after 10 secs it switches back to hands free. I am not sure if your phone is the same as mine, but knowing Motorola, I would bet that it is. Unfortunately, Motorola's user manual for their cell phone leave a lot to be desired, it only states what everything is, but gives no instructions how to use anything or how to operate.

Give it a try and let me know.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:42 AM
Contributors

Miss 525i

I took a look at your V555 on the internet and the set up is identical to my E815,

The main menu button that I referred to above is located directly above the round directional dial.
It is the middle button that has 4 horizontal lines on it. You need to be on a handfree call in your E60 using bluetooth. While on the call press this button on your Cell phone and you should have a pop up menu
that lists at least the items I mention above. Scroll down to transfer call and press select button which should be to the right of the menu button. hope this does the trick
Old 12-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Originally Posted by gabman' post='214911' date='Dec 23 2005, 09:42 AM
Miss 525i

I took a look at your V555 on the internet and the set up is identical to my E815,

The main menu button that I referred to above is located directly above the round directional dial.
It is the middle button that has 4 horizontal lines on it. You need to be on a handfree call in your E60 using bluetooth. While on the call press this button on your Cell phone and you should have a pop up menu
that lists at least the items I mention above. Scroll down to transfer call and press select button which should be to the right of the menu button. hope this does the trick
Hi gabman, thanks for the PM and the reply!!! I was out of town and just got back...I will check tomorrow and post the end results...