Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

I use the Bluetooth all the time...but

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package
Talking

I am in my car a lot during the day using the bluetooth. many times after I turn off the engine, while I am on the phone, I can not get the bluetooth to disconnect. what is the easiest way to switch the call from the bluetooth to the handphone without disconnecting the call? I also find it inconvenient sometimes when I get a private call while driving with people in my car any suggestions? if repost please direct me
Old 12-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='213858' date='Dec 21 2005, 06:29 AM
I am in my car a lot during the day using the bluetooth. many times after I turn off the engine, while I am on the phone, I can not get the bluetooth to disconnect. what is the easiest way to switch the call from the bluetooth to the handphone without disconnecting the call? I also find it inconvenient sometimes when I get a private call while driving with people in my car any suggestions? if repost please direct me
Don't know what phone you have but i have a SE K750i when I recieve a call in the car the screen on my phone gives me a choice to use my handset or bluetooth, I dont think there is an option in the idrive when you switch off the car bluetooth also goes but the call should still be live on the phone, that has been my experience
Old 12-21-2005, 04:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

I am using a Motorola E 815, when on hands free bluetooth, I have to hit main menu button on my cell phone and then a window pops up and I scroll down to transfer call and it switches to handset.

Which phone are you using?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:09 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way to transfer the call back to the phone is using the menu options in your phone to transfer the call from a Bluetooth connection to the Phone. Any phone will have options to let you transfer a call back and forth between the phone and a bluetooth connection. So when you stop your car you should be able to transfer it to your phone.

However, while you are driving with others and you want to take a call in your phone for a private hearing or you are standing outside of your car with the ignition ON (the phone gets paired), I find it annoying that the BMW Bluetooth connection always transfers' the call back to the car. Even after repeatedly transfering the call to the phone, after about 10 seconds of conversation using the phone, the call gets transferred to car. The only way I have gotten around is by disabling the Bluetooth momentarily on my phone. I have tried using Sony Erricson 610 and Nokia 6230 and this behavior is the same. So, I blame it on the car Bluetooth software. I have used a Bluetooth headset like Jabra and when I specify on the phone that I dont want to use the bluetooth headset for attending a particular call, it works well and the headset does not take over the call unlike the car.

I really think this is a bug in the BMW bluetooth software
Old 12-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Red
Members

My Ride: MY06 530i, US Spec, Premium, Nav, HUD, Comfort seats, CWP, Sport package, Rear side airbags. Produced Sep 06.

Originally Posted by gabman' post='213947' date='Dec 21 2005, 02:05 PM
I am using a Motorola E 815, when on hands free bluetooth, I have to hit main menu button on my cell phone and then a window pops up and I scroll down to transfer call and it switches to handset.

Same procedure on my Moto V330 phone; its a menu option on the phone. Works in reverse too to move calls from phone to the car.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Contributors

You can also turn off the BT connection in mid-call by depressing the controller, and unchecking the Bluetooth connection from the Communication settings Bluetooth menu.

I do that every time I go to the car wash, otherwise the car mutes any conversation you have going on with the headset and you will wonder why.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gabman' post='213947' date='Dec 21 2005, 08:05 AM

motorola v555
I'll have to try that...do you do that while driving as well?

Thanks for all your help guys! I am going to test all the options you mentioned and let you know what works.
happy holiday!
Old 12-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='214268

motorola v555
I'll have to try that...do you do that while driving as well?

Thanks for all your help guys! I am going to test all the options you mentioned and let you know what works.
happy holiday!
[/quote]

Went out to test it just now...during a call I was able to change to handset by first pressing "menu" and then "use handset" option. To continue to make calls using the hand set, I just hung up and dialed from the phone. To activate the bluetooth again, I just dialed using the idrive and it switched automatically. thanks guys!!!
I just love this place! why didn't I think about it before?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

umm maybe a dumb question but I don't think my samsung is bluetooth capable? I'm going to get that new thin motorola when I get the car. Is every BMW automatically equipped with bluetooth? Or only with NAV etc? Sorry...all new to me.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by ChennaiMR' post='213993' date='Dec 21 2005, 10:09 AM
The only way to transfer the call back to the phone is using the menu options in your phone to transfer the call from a Bluetooth connection to the Phone. Any phone will have options to let you transfer a call back and forth between the phone and a bluetooth connection. So when you stop your car you should be able to transfer it to your phone.

However, while you are driving with others and you want to take a call in your phone for a private hearing or you are standing outside of your car with the ignition ON (the phone gets paired), I find it annoying that the BMW Bluetooth connection always transfers' the call back to the car. Even after repeatedly transfering the call to the phone, after about 10 seconds of conversation using the phone, the call gets transferred to car. The only way I have gotten around is by disabling the Bluetooth momentarily on my phone. I have tried using Sony Erricson 610 and Nokia 6230 and this behavior is the same. So, I blame it on the car Bluetooth software. I have used a Bluetooth headset like Jabra and when I specify on the phone that I dont want to use the bluetooth headset for attending a particular call, it works well and the headset does not take over the call unlike the car.

I really think this is a bug in the BMW bluetooth software

I had the same problem with my Moto E 815, I would switch to handset and then after 10 seconds the call switched back to car hands free. I realized that I was using the wrong menu option on my cell phone to switch the call back to my Cell phone. I believe that I was using menu option on Cell phone to switch call to handset instead of using the next menu option which states, Transfer call. unfortunately I cannot duplicate this right now as the menu options only appear on my cell phone when I am enganged on a telephone call, I will check when I get into my car later today and advise.

In the meantime, check your particular phone and make sure that you are using the right menu option to switch from cars bluetooth back to cell phone or check your cell phone manual, I am sure that this could be the problem as I had the exact thing happen to me.

Quick Reply: I use the Bluetooth all the time...but