Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT and Motorola V551 works

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

Originally Posted by 2DOR' date='Feb 15 2005, 05:45 PM
joepoole

To delete the bluetooth connection and start from scratch, the car and phone have to recognize each other correct?? I cannot even get the car to recognize the phone.? When I Find a Device in phone, it states no device found.? Any suggestions.? My Treo 650 was recognized quickly.? I am thinking of exchanging the phone.? Thanks.

Leo
[snapback]90556[/snapback]
Leo, yes the phone must appear under the "Communications Settings/Bluetooth" menu on the basic I-Drive menu for you to delete it from the car. If you can give me another day, I will delete my phone from my car and the car from my phone and go through the process step by step and post it here. There are some steps I am not sure I have in correct sequence, so the only way to find out is to actually walk through the whole process. If you have figured out the problem, let me know, and it will save me the trouble.

Joe
Old 02-18-2005, 06:47 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

Originally Posted by 2DOR' date='Feb 15 2005, 05:45 PM
joepoole

To delete the bluetooth connection and start from scratch, the car and phone have to recognize each other correct?? I cannot even get the car to recognize the phone.? When I Find a Device in phone, it states no device found.? Any suggestions.? My Treo 650 was recognized quickly.? I am thinking of exchanging the phone.? Thanks.

Leo
Leo, attached are the proceedures that I followed in pairing my V551 to my '05 545. Hope this helps.

Joe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BMW_V551_Pairing.pdf (5.2 KB, 88 views)
Old 02-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

So I just had the BT retrofit done on my March 04 E60(Was not charged).

I borrowed my co-workers v551 and was able to pair it etc. From what I could see it looked like I would have to enable the BT on the phone every time i entered the car. Once there was an active BT connectio it would stay on but if there was no BT in the area it would shut off the BT radio after 60 seconds. Is this how the V551 works or is there a way to have BT on the phone active all the time so it will connect each time I enter the car? I looked in the manual with no luck.

My SonyEricsson T68 will always be looking for BT and connect automaticly when I get in the car(But the T68 does not get as good a signal so I'm looking into alterante phones).
Old 02-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by noonehome' date='Feb 18 2005, 12:27 PM

I borrowed my co-workers v551 and was able to pair it etc. From what I could see it looked like I would have to enable the BT on the phone every time i entered the car. Once there was an active BT connectio it would stay on but if there was no BT in the area it would shut off the BT radio after 60 seconds. Is this how the V551 works or is there a way to have BT on the phone active all the time so it will connect each time I enter the car? I looked in the manual with no luck.

My SonyEricsson T68 will always be looking for BT and connect automaticly when I get in the car(But the T68 does not get as good a signal so I'm looking into alterante phones).
[snapback]91826[/snapback]
I hope to be doing this in about 10 days or so. I have been reading (maybe a bad thing) everything I can get my hands on including "THE MANUALS". In the v551 manual on page 76 it speaks to "Set Bluetooth Permanently On". I would assume that is different and better in our case than not setting permanently on. Just my $ 0.02 worth without benefit of having done any of this yet.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, 6 speed, black sapphire with beige leather, style 128 wheels, and clear bra.

Originally Posted by joepoole' date='Feb 18 2005, 08:47 AM
[quote name='2DOR' date='Feb 15 2005, 05:45 PM']joepoole

Leo
Leo, attached are the proceedures that I followed in pairing my V551 to my '05 545. Hope this helps.

Joe
[snapback]91769[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks Joe, I will look try again this evening.

Leo
Old 02-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Feb 18 2005, 12:46 PM
[quote name='noonehome' date='Feb 18 2005, 12:27 PM']So I just had the BT retrofit done on my March 04 E60(Was not charged).

I hope to be doing this in about 10 days or so. I have been reading (maybe a bad thing) everything I can get my hands on including "THE MANUALS". "Smart ass" In the v551 manual on page 76 it speaks to "Set Bluetooth Permanently On". I would assume that is different and better in our case than not setting permanently on. Just my $ 0.02 worth without benefit of having done any of this yet.
[snapback]91837[/snapback]
[/quote]

cobradav,
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it was not useful. Attached are the manual pages from motolora.com for the v551

Page 76 says nothing about BT and the Bluetooth Section Pages 80 and 81 don't mention anything about Permanently on.

So, could you describe the menu which you set BT to be "Permanently on" or send me a copy of the page 76? As I said earleir I did not see a "Permanenetly on" in the menus, and that it turned off ater 60 seconds.

Pages_76_from_V551manual.pdf
Pages_80_and_81_from_V551manual.pdf
Old 02-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by noonehome' date='Feb 18 2005, 02:27 PM

You need to go to the Bluetooth settings, go to setup, and turn power to "on".
That way, BT is on all the time. When I get into my car with the phone in my pocket, the car automatically connects with the phone. Be advised, batteries drain (much) faster with BT power on.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by noonehome' date='Feb 18 2005, 01:17 PM
[quote name='cobradav' date='Feb 18 2005, 12:46 PM'][quote name='noonehome' date='Feb 18 2005, 12:27 PM']So I just had the BT retrofit done on my March 04 E60(Was not charged).

I hope to be doing this in about 10 days or so. I have been reading (maybe a bad thing) everything I can get my hands on including "THE MANUALS". "Smart ass" In the v551 manual on page 76 it speaks to "Set Bluetooth Permanently On". I would assume that is different and better in our case than not setting permanently on. Just my $ 0.02 worth without benefit of having done any of this yet.
[/quote]

cobradav,
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it was not useful. Attached are the manual pages from motolora.com for the v551

Page 76 says nothing about BT and the Bluetooth Section Pages 80 and 81 don't mention anything about Permanently on.

So, could you describe the menu which you set BT to be "Permanently on" or send me a copy of the page 76? As I said earleir I did not see a "Permanenetly on" in the menus, and that it turned off ater 60 seconds.

Attachment 5242
Attachment 5243
[snapback]91852[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh, you detected the "Smart Ass" - I thought that might slip by

Obviously different manuals. Mine dated 11/04 and looks like document number SJJN6795B. I am at work so I cannot scan. I'll try excerpt from manual. By the way it looks like a feature spelled out in-between your page 81 items - "Edit Device Properties" and your next item is "Set Bluetooth Options" I have "Set Bluetooth Permanently On" between those items and it goes like this:

">Settings>Connection>Bluetooth Link>Setup>Power>On "

If I have not made it clear enough let me know and I'll try scanning when I get home tonight.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Feb 18 2005, 02:05 PM
[quote name='noonehome' date='Feb 18 2005, 01:17 PM'][quote name='cobradav' date='Feb 18 2005, 12:46 PM'][quote name='noonehome' date='Feb 18 2005, 12:27 PM']So I just had the BT retrofit done on my March 04 E60(Was not charged).

[/quote]

cobradav,

Attachment 5242
Attachment 5243
[snapback]91852[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh, you detected the "Smart Ass" - I thought that might slip by

Obviously different manuals. Mine dated 11/04 and looks like document number SJJN6795B. I am at work so I cannot scan. I'll try excerpt from manual. By the way it looks like a feature spelled out in-between your page 81 items - "Edit Device Properties" and your next item is "Set Bluetooth Options" I have "Set Bluetooth Permanently On" between those items and it goes like this:

">Settings>Connection>Bluetooth Link>Setup>Power>On "

If I have not made it clear enough let me know and I'll try scanning when I get home tonight.
[snapback]91873[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thank you.