Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

E60 Phone Options

Old 12-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone summarize the phone situation for the new 5 series? I have read lots of back postings here and elsewhere, but there does not seem to be an integrated explanation. I know bluebtooth is coming out much later in the year, but can I get it as an add-on later? I have a new 2004 530i (drives wonderfully; no problems) that I received in November. I got a bluetooth card when I bought the car but don't know what it is for. There are lots of phone buttons on the wheel and on i-drive,. I even spoke to BMW assist on the car's phone while fooling with all the buttons. No one at the dealer knows anything...I keep hearing different stories. So what's the deal? Can I buy a phone from BMW or elsewhere that will work with my car now without bluebtooth? How about later? I already have a Motorola V60 phone with Verizon. Or am I out of luck and should have waited until 2005?
THANKS!
Old 12-24-2003, 01:58 AM
Members

This is the the only (well also Sirrius availability) thing that has disappointed me about the E60. At the early launch BMW kept touting the bluetooth option, then turns out it is not ready and they were not able to say when it would be available. When I picked the car up in October I kept hearing "a few more weeks", but the dealer had no clue. Then they came back with the CPT 9000 option but now they don't have the eject cradle that goes with it and can't give me an answer when this will be ready. Without the cradle you cannot plug the phone in.

I have spoken with BMW NA and got nothing on this availability. I am totally frustrated with the lack of knowledge on their part and I am giving up. I have seen on Verizon's site a V60s that is voice activated for speed dailing and has a built in speakerphone. Note quite the hands free I wanted but the hell with BMW and their "few more weeks crap"

I hope BMW reads these forums because if the phone is an issue with a potential buyer, I am recommending they go to MB for an E320 or E500 and let BMW get their act together first. They are not as great a drive as the 5, but maybe a few lost sales will get these people off their butts.

Love the car, hate the poor organization on this and the sat radio. I am sure those who wanted Nav and HUD feel the same about your options.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Members

My dealer recently quoted me $1,100 to install the cradle and V60 BMW phone in my E60 530i. They would not guarantee that any other V60 phone would work. I bought a hands fee mic that clips to the headrest and will wait and see what happens with Bluetooth.