Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT and Motorola V551 works

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i 6 speed

A piece of information: just got my car back from the dealer. They did the BT upgrade without any problems (for $100) and my Cingular V551 (< $100 phone by now) paired with the car without any problems at all. Phonebook transfer took over 5 minutes; it transferred not all entrys, however. Call quality is very good. Thanks to various people for posting service bulletins etc.!!!!!!!!!

I also ordered the snap in adapter with the power and antenna connections. Will be here next week and I'll try to put it in myself.

They also replaced my driver's seat rail (something was loose and the entire seat was wiggling). BMW has changed the rails between 8/04 and now and the plastic trim didn't fit anymore. The trim had to be ordered from Germany, will take 6-8 weeks!
Old 02-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Feb 9 2005, 03:46 PM
A piece of information: just got my car back from the dealer. They did the BT upgrade without any problems (for $100) and my Cingular V551 (< $100 phone by now) paired with the car without any problems at all. Phonebook transfer took over 5 minutes; it transferred not all entrys, however. Call quality is very good.? ? Thanks to various people for posting service bulletins etc.!!!!!!!!!

I also ordered the snap in adapter with the power and antenna connections. Will be here next week and I'll try to put it in myself.

They also replaced my driver's seat rail (something was loose and the entire seat was wiggling). BMW has changed the rails between 8/04 and now and the plastic trim didn't fit anymore. The trim had to be ordered from Germany, will take 6-8 weeks!
[snapback]88296[/snapback]
Great news about the V551, thats my phone and I was hoping to read that it works with no problems!
Old 02-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

BTW, let me know how the install of the adapter goes for you ...
Old 02-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Canada545' date='Feb 9 2005, 05:51 PM
BTW, let me know how the install of the adapter goes for you ...
[snapback]88301[/snapback]
Will do. There was a post here before with very nice pictures from the install.
I will also take pictures and post them, if I ever get it done...
Old 02-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Feb 9 2005, 03:53 PM
[quote name='Canada545' date='Feb 9 2005, 05:51 PM']BTW, let me know how the install of the adapter goes for you ...
[snapback]88301[/snapback]
Will do. There was a post here before with very nice pictures from the install.
I will also take pictures and post them, if I ever get it done...
[snapback]88302[/snapback]
[/quote]
That would be great ... also, if you could, please post the part number of the snap in so that I can ensure the correct one is ordered for me when my time comes.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Feb 9 2005, 05:46 PM
A piece of information: just got my car back from the dealer. They did the BT upgrade without any problems (for $100) and my Cingular V551 (< $100 phone by now) paired with the car without any problems at all. Phonebook transfer took over 5 minutes; it transferred not all entrys, however. Call quality is very good.? ? Thanks to various people for posting service bulletins etc.!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Feb 9 2005, 05:46 PM

Well, congratulations, I am jealous. I just bought 2 V551s from Best Buy, and guess what! I cannot get either of them to pair with my 05 545. I had previously tested a Cingular dealers' V551 and it paired fine, so any help you can give would be most appreciated. There is something I have forgot to set or a sequence problem.

Thanks

Joe
:bashwall: :bashwall: :bashwall:
Old 02-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by joepoole' date='Feb 9 2005, 10:37 PM
[quote name='drjochen' date='Feb 9 2005, 05:46 PM']A piece of information: just got my car back from the dealer. They did the BT upgrade without any problems (for $100) and my Cingular V551 (< $100 phone by now) paired with the car without any problems at all. Phonebook transfer took over 5 minutes; it transferred not all entrys, however. Call quality is very good.? ? Thanks to various people for posting service bulletins etc.!!!!!!!!!

Well, congratulations, I am jealous. I just bought 2 V551s from Best Buy, and guess what! I cannot get either of them to pair with my 05 545. I had previously tested a Cingular dealers' V551 and it paired fine, so any help you can give would be most appreciated. There is something I have forgot to set or a sequence problem.

Thanks

Joe
:bashwall: :bashwall: :bashwall:
[snapback]88422[/snapback]
[/quote]

I followed exactly the sequence in the BMW service bulleting posted on this board for bluetooth a while gao. Make sure that BT power is turned to on in your communication settings on the phone and I used the "find device" function. Does gthe car find you phone at all? Let me know what you tried and I see what you did differently.

Jochen
Old 02-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I imagine the installation of the snap-in adapter would be similar to the installation of the eject-box for the CPT9000.

I posted a topic that covers pretty much all aspects of the CPT9000 but in it there are specific instructions on how to install the eject-box.

Hopefully, the following posts will help you install the snap-in adaptor:

Eject box installation from TIS (multiple steps -- follow the posts)

Installation overview (not as detailed as above)

There is also a topic that Mr. Belk started that may help out as well. Click here for Mr. Belk's thread (with photos)

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Contributors

what is the part number for the snap in adapter. I also have a v551, and am awiting delivery of my 530i

Quick Reply: BT and Motorola V551 works