Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT and Motorola V551 works

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Feb 15 2005, 06:13 PM
The adapter came in today. It is a piece of plastic with a plug at the bottom. The phone seems to fit, although I will have to remove some rubber plug in the back.
The adapter doesn't fit in the console tray and it seems I will need a bezel for it.
Also, it has no cable attached to it as all the previous posts showed, just the plug at the bottom. Will the cable in the center console be long enough to fit? I have my doubts.
If anybody has access to the BMW parts listings or manuals, please let me know if I need a cable or/and the bezel.
[snapback]90570[/snapback]
Try this link on this website. It seems that we have to purchase the "eject box" in addition to the snap in adaptor. I know that I have seen another reference to this installation elsewhere, but cannot find it at the moment. I didn't think it was this simple.

Joe

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=1438
Old 02-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg

The adapter came in today. It is a piece of plastic with a plug at the bottom. The phone seems to fit, although I will have to remove some rubber plug in the back.
The adapter doesn't fit in the console tray and it seems I will need a bezel for it.
Also, it has no cable attached to it as all the previous posts showed, just the plug at the bottom. Will the cable in the center console be long enough to fit? I have my doubts.
If anybody has access to the BMW parts listings or manuals, please let me know if I need a cable or/and the bezel.
Here is the other reference regarding the "eject box"

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86941

Joe
Old 02-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by joepoole' date='Feb 15 2005, 09:39 PM
[quote name='drjochen' date='Feb 15 2005, 06:13 PM']The adapter came in today. It is a piece of plastic with a plug at the bottom. The phone seems to fit, although I will have to remove some rubber plug in the back.
Try this link on this website. It seems that we have to purchase the "eject box" in addition to the snap in adaptor. I know that I have seen another reference to this installation elsewhere, but cannot find it at the moment. I didn't think it was this simple.

Joe

[snapback]90630[/snapback]
[/quote]

What makes me angry is that I asked the parts gu at my dealer if I need the frame/bezel/eject box and the i.... said no.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Feb 15 2005, 08:22 PM
[quote name='joepoole' date='Feb 15 2005, 09:39 PM'][quote name='drjochen' date='Feb 15 2005, 06:13 PM']The adapter came in today. It is a piece of plastic with a plug at the bottom. The phone seems to fit, although I will have to remove some rubber plug in the back.

Joe

[snapback]90630[/snapback]
[/quote]

What makes me angry is that I asked the parts gu at my dealer if I need the frame/bezel/eject box and the i.... said no.
[snapback]90639[/snapback]
[/quote]
Sorry to hear your toubles, but please keep up in the loop on what you had to do and purchase to get it install correctly (power and antenna) ... thanks
Old 02-16-2005, 04:54 AM
Members

drjochen, here is another reference to the requirement for the purchase and installation of the "eject box". The only difference is the snap-in adapter that is used for the phone.

Joe

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=6574
Old 02-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Members

I just went thru previous posts quickly. Do we have to recode a TCU after reconnecting cables? We do not need it since the car already recognizes BT phone? But direct connection thru cables requires some software change somehow, which I feel....
Old 02-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Originally Posted by 2DOR' date='Feb 15 2005, 03:45 PM
joepoole

To delete the bluetooth connection and start from scratch, the car and phone have to recognize each other correct?? I cannot even get the car to recognize the phone.? When I Find a Device in phone, it states no device found.? Any suggestions.? My Treo 650 was recognized quickly.? I am thinking of exchanging the phone.? Thanks.

Leo
[snapback]90556[/snapback]
Hey Leo,

Go to "find me" in the BT connection (phone), don't press on it yet because you'll only have 60 seconds to pair up. Press your I-drive and go to communications settings. Choose bluetooth and then begin the finding process on your phone. Make sure you turn your BT on permanently by going to "BT power" in your V551's BT menu.

I couldn't transfer all the entries in my phone book. So I'll have to delete and repair it again. Hope this would work
Old 02-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Members

drjochen, any update for the additional parts? I am eagerly waiting for your progress. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by ornament' date='Feb 17 2005, 03:32 PM
drjochen, any update for the additional parts? I am eagerly waiting for your progress. Thanks in advance.?
[snapback]91439[/snapback]
Its you lucky day! The parts guy just e-mailed me back. It is another $130.00 plus tax. This one they even have in stock! I'll get it early next week and then post again.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Feb 17 2005, 04:54 PM
[quote name='ornament' date='Feb 17 2005, 03:32 PM']drjochen, any update for the additional parts? I am eagerly waiting for your progress. Thanks in advance.?
[snapback]91439[/snapback]
Its you lucky day! The parts guy just e-mailed me back. It is another $130.00 plus tax. This one they even have in stock! I'll get it early next week and then post again.
[snapback]91447[/snapback]
[/quote]

This was me, obviously.

Quick Reply: BT and Motorola V551 works