Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Compatability

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 04:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Nov 8 2004, 03:45 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Nov 8 2004, 04:40 PM'][quote name='Flowerfred' date='Nov 8 2004, 06:40 AM']Just tried a Sony Ericsson P910i in the car and it DOES work. Everything except phone book transfer....
[snapback]53784[/snapback]
Did you return to the car? The instructions indicate that maybe the address takes some time and transfers in the first session after the initial pairing. Which means you have to turn off the car and restart it.
[snapback]53813[/snapback]
[/quote]

Afraid not, it wasn't my phone. Just made a few calls and had a few incoming calls.
I've ordered one myself today, will let you guys know by the weekend if it works..
[snapback]53815[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have exactly the same problem with my p910 - my dealer told me that p910i was not supported on the 5 series.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rduncan' date='Nov 25 2004, 11:01 PM
SonyEricsson P910 Incompatible with BMW Bluetooth

This is an interim report (24.11.2004), as I'm still trying to coax a P910 to work with my car, but it looks bad.

Phone model: SonyEricsson P910a (US frequency version of P910)
Car model:? BMW 645Ci (representative of current 5 andf 6 series)
[ ] ability to make/receive calls
[ ] phone book automatically synches to car
[ ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ ] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS

? Robert
[snapback]60947[/snapback]
The SE P910 is incompatible with the 5 and 6 series BMW Bluetooth system.

I just completed some testing with a new SE P910a and my 2004 645Ci, and found that the combination does not work. The P910 can pair with the car, but then the car does not fully recognize the phone. Unfortunately, it appears that even when the phone and car that implement BT and the additional handsfree profile are not compatible in their implementations. <_<

I confirmed that my car does work with a known good phone (SE T637). Once I connected the T637 with my car, everything came up exactly as expected. I was able to play with many new features that I looked forward to useing:
* dial by name
* dial by number (voice recognition)
* control using phone button on steering wheel
* redial

Robert
Old 11-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Here's the reply from SonyEricsson when I asked them if they were aware of the incompatibility between the P910 and the BMW Bluetooth systems:

---------SONY reply--------
The P910 is supposed to be compatible because it supports the Bluetooth headset and handsfree profiles, which Lexus and BMW mainly use. Sorry, I wish I could help you, but because the devices are not tested for compatibility, Sony Ericsson will not guarantee the compatibility.

Although not equipped with the features of the P910a, the following Sony Ericsson models have been tested by BMW: T68i, T610, T630, and Z600.

Sony Ericsson P800/P900 series are not compatible, since they do not support the Bluetooth Handsfree profile.
--------------------------
Old 12-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Contributors

Phone model: Motorola V551 GSM - Cingular
Car model: 545iA
[Y] ability to make/receive calls
[Y] phone book automatically synches to car
[N] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[Y] calling name display (using adddress book)
[N] ability to send/receive SMS
Old 12-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Phone model: Motorola V3 RAZR GSM - T-Mobile
Car model: 2005 545i SMG
[Y] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[?] ability to send/receive SMS

Motorola RAZR works great with BMW bluetooth.
I have not yet tried to send/received SMS using it, though.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Dec 1 2004, 03:26 PM
Phone model: Motorola V3 RAZR GSM - T-Mobile

[snapback]63059[/snapback]
Are you saying you can put the voice name in the Razr, let it sync to the car, and use the Dial Name feature, without adding the voice name to iDrive? Do you hav Nav?
Old 12-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by John W' date='Dec 1 2004, 05:37 PM
[quote name='subterFUSE' date='Dec 1 2004, 03:26 PM']Phone model: Motorola V3 RAZR GSM - T-Mobile

[snapback]63059[/snapback]
Are you saying you can put the voice name in the Razr, let it sync to the car, and use the Dial Name feature, without adding the voice name to iDrive? Do you hav Nav?
[snapback]63064[/snapback]

2005 545i iDrive has voice activation built-in. It does not use voice dial capabilities of the cell phone. I know this because I have not added voice tags to my address book in the phone, yet I can dial by name with iDrive.
[/quote]
Old 12-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Contributors

Thumbs up

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BMW-compatible Bluetooth phones FAQ</span>

General info:
Here's a list of compatibility info on the BMW Bluetooth system that I've compiled. It has a load of general info and links.

SonyEricsson P910 Compatibility with BMW Systems:
This document is focused on compatibility of the SonyEricsson P910 and all BMW Bluetooth systems. BMW Bluetooth Compatibility FAQ

Please send me any updates and I'll happily update the site with your P910 news of general info, and I'll send general compatibility reports to the X5world site (that is the best resource that I know).

Robert
Old 12-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Members

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Y] phone book automatically synches to car </span>

This is the feature I am most interested in getting to work. I have a Treo650 with the BT patch and I can pair it fine with my 2005 545. I can make/receive calls just fine but I just cannot get the phone book to be transferred over. I also have a Siemens S56 that can pair and make calls via the BMW BT but will not transfer over the SIM phone book entries.

In reading this thread, it looks like the "phone book sync" functionality has been CONFIRMED to work with the following phones and 2005 5 Series BMWs:

Motorola V551
Motorola RAZR
Siemens S55 (my S56 does not work; have PM'd poster to ask for phone SW ver.)

Any other phones? What about the Sony Erricson T637 or T610 or T616? Anyone transfer over the phone book successfully with these phones?
Old 12-31-2004, 01:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BobM' date='Dec 31 2004, 04:00 AM
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Y] phone book automatically synches to car </span>

This is the feature I am most interested in getting to work. I have a Treo650 with the BT patch and I can pair it fine with my 2005 545. I can make/receive calls just fine but I just cannot get the phone book to be transferred over. I also have a Siemens S56 that can pair and make calls via the BMW BT but will not transfer over the SIM phone book entries.

In reading this thread, it looks like the "phone book sync" functionality has been CONFIRMED to work with the following phones and 2005 5 Series BMWs:

Motorola V551
Motorola RAZR
Siemens S55 (my S56 does not work; have PM'd poster to ask for phone SW ver.)

Any other phones? What about the Sony Erricson T637 or T610 or T616? Anyone transfer over the phone book successfully with these phones?
[snapback]74026[/snapback]
The Treo does not appear to have the Bluetooth profiles to enable address book transfer. See here http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Template2.cfm...t=QualifiedDate for the other phones.

Also look here: http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Compatability