Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Compatability

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005 | 08:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dfndr' date='Jan 3 2005, 09:11 PM
[quote name='PUMPMAN' date='Nov 22 2004, 12:43 AM'][quote name='rduncan' date='Nov 18 2004, 04:13 AM']Keep 'em coning! These reports are very useful.?

I'm contributing them to the X5world database and hope that he'll update that resource so that it can be a more general-purpose database of phone compatibility with BMW BT systems.

I am also posting the updated reports of all that I compile to roadfly, so you might want to check out this thread: Additional thread on phones compatible with BMW BT system

? Robert
[snapback]57606[/snapback]
Thanks! After reading the threads, I know not to buy the Verizon Motorola 710. I'll have to wait for a better option from verizon or wait until the contract (5 phones) runs out in 2 years
[snapback]59177[/snapback]
[/quote]
Pumpman,
Has Verizon come out with anything that works well since your post in November? I just switched from Cingular to Verizon and have several business phones on a new contract.
[snapback]75275[/snapback]
[/quote]

Pumpman & dfndr - You might already know about this... Just in case you guys have the money sitting around to plonk on a "full price without contracts" Treo650, you can get a Sprint CDMA Treo650 and activate it on Verizon. A lot of people on Terocentral have been successful doing this.
Old 01-12-2005 | 06:24 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BobM' date='Jan 11 2005, 11:25 PM
Pumpman & dfndr - You might already know about this... Just in case you guys have the money sitting around to plonk on a "full price without contracts" Treo650, you can get a Sprint CDMA Treo650 and activate it on Verizon. A lot of people on Terocentral have been successful doing this.?
[snapback]78323[/snapback]
Are you just saying we call Verizon (current account holder) and just give them the esn and that's it? I know how to get an "esn swap" done but tha sounds too easy. nn Thanks. Also, does the 650 work 'completely' with the E60? I.e. address-book upload, voice dialing?

Sam
Old 01-12-2005 | 07:11 AM
Members

My Ride: Silver 530i Sports and Premum Package with Navigation. 06/04 build date.

Verizon has a simular phone that is not on there web site yet:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.php?p=570

It runs MS PPC rather then palm os. My friend has one and likes it. As far as I can tell no one has tryied it with a BMW yet though and my bluetooth is not enabled.

Wayne
Old 01-12-2005 | 07:51 AM
sav
Members

LG PM-325 phone by Sprint

I could not get it to work for the 04 5-series with bluetooth retrofit. The car and phone would recognize each other, but under communications, I would only get "please wait" message, then reset to "please activate phone"

I had to get the Sony Ericson t608 phone (only other one offered by sprint - non PDA). It works flawlessly.
Old 01-17-2005 | 05:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sj3' date='Jan 12 2005, 10:24 AM
[quote name='BobM' date='Jan 11 2005, 11:25 PM']Pumpman & dfndr - You might already know about this... Just in case you guys have the money sitting around to plonk on a "full price without contracts" Treo650, you can get a Sprint CDMA Treo650 and activate it on Verizon. A lot of people on Terocentral have been successful doing this.?
[snapback]78323[/snapback]
Are you just saying we call Verizon (current account holder) and just give them the esn and that's it? I know how to get an "esn swap" done but tha sounds too easy. nn Thanks. Also, does the 650 work 'completely' with the E60? I.e. address-book upload, voice dialing?

Sam
[snapback]78423[/snapback]
[/quote]

What I meant is that you can buy a full price Sprint Treo 650, you can hack it to work on the Verizon network. This is not for the weak at heart!

Check out this thread on TreoCentral for details. It is currently 18 pages long and as you read the posts, you will see that quite a few folks have made the Treo650 work with Verizon.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthre...63&page=1&pp=20

As far as the Treo650 BT interaction with the E60, check out my Post #60 on Page 4 for what works.
Old 01-18-2005 | 07:20 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Thanks, BobM. I read most all of that post. Hopefully, by April, Verizon will offer it, but it will need hacking anyway as Verizon disables many of the features that we need. Who knows, maybe something new, palm-based will come out by then. I wasn't happy to read that the 650 doesn't have voice-dial capability plus the memory management problem.

Sam
Old 01-27-2005 | 12:08 PM
Gary

2005 X5 w/bluetooth.... ok so if I am reading this right the TREO650 on the sprint network will pair with the X5 and transfer the speed dial list..... is this correct, and if I was to choose the LG 325 it would also pair ok but the address book will not work at all?

Please verify if you can because I need a BT phone on the Sprint network and am looking for the best of the two options.

thanks,
Gary
Old 01-27-2005 | 12:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Auto Sport Silver Gray Metallic - Black Leather - Poplar Premium Sound - Shades - Sat Prep 3M Clear Bra

Phone model: Nextel Blackberry 7520
Car model: 04 545i (sw version 15.1)
[Y] phone recognized by car
[N] ability to make/receive calls
[N] phone book automatically synches to car
[N] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[N] calling name display (using adddress book)
[N] ability to send/receive SMS
Old 01-27-2005 | 03:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 1970 2002tii Colorado Orange, 4spd - RTD 2002 525i, Toldeo Blue over Black Dakota Leather, PP, Nav, CD chgr (trunk mount), Step - RTD 2004 525i, Sapphire Black over Auburn Leather, PP, NAV, adaptive, Bluetooth, Sirius aftermarket (dying for the real thing!)

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 13 2004, 04:43 AM
Phone model: Motorola V710 CDMA
Car model:? 04 e60 545i SW V13.3 BT enabled
[Y] ability to recognise phone and pair
[N] ability to remain connected to the car

[snapback]55636[/snapback]
Hormzad, I have a v710 Verizon CDMA on my 04 E60 525i BT enabled. (don't have exact software version).

I also flashed the phone with the SuperDave V710 hack. It's discussed elsewhere in these forums. The hack enables the OPP (object push profile). As a result, my summary looks markedly different from yours:

[Y] ability to remain connected to the car
[Y] ability to make/receive calls
[Y] phone book automatically synches to car
[Y] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[Y] calling name display (using adddress book)

The lack of SMS is due to Verizon disabling the OBEX (object exchange) profile on the phone. I experience the same issue when I try to download SMS from the phone to my Palm Tungsten C

I love the Bluetooth system! In fact, my only complaint is that, since the V710 cannot support more than one bluetooth connection at a time, I cannot use my Palm to check email and surf web while the phone is paired to the car.
Old 01-27-2005 | 04:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by 02toe60' date='Jan 27 2005, 05:20 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Nov 13 2004, 04:43 AM']Phone model: Motorola V710 CDMA
Car model:? 04 e60 545i SW V13.3 BT enabled
[N] ability to remain connected to the car

[snapback]55636[/snapback]
Hormzad, I have a v710 Verizon CDMA on my 04 E60 525i BT enabled. (don't have exact software version).

I also flashed the phone with the SuperDave V710 hack. It's discussed elsewhere in these forums. The hack enables the OPP (object push profile). As a result, my summary looks markedly different from yours:

[Y] ability to remain connected to the car
[Y] ability to make/receive calls
[Y] phone book automatically synches to car
[Y] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[Y] calling name display (using adddress book)

The lack of SMS is due to Verizon disabling the OBEX (object exchange) profile on the phone. I experience the same issue when I try to download SMS from the phone to my Palm Tungsten C

I love the Bluetooth system! In fact, my only complaint is that, since the V710 cannot support more than one bluetooth connection at a time, I cannot use my Palm to check email and surf web while the phone is paired to the car.
[snapback]83929[/snapback]
[/quote]

Conratulations, the V710 has been handed down to one of my engineers who loves it for its call quality. I've been using a RAZR V3 since early November and love it.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Compatability