Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!
View Poll Results: See Topic Title and Topic Description for the question.
In a new 5-Series Performance Forum
62.96%
In the E60 Discussion
37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Where would U prefer to see all types of 5-Series per-

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='359871' date='Nov 23 2006, 04:08 PM

Who says it is so important?
I don't see it important at all.
BMW publishes the numbers, everything else we do on the streets is irrelevant, IMHO.

I don't see the NEED for such a forum.

We have this discussion because somebody felt uncomfortable with the moving of his thread, something we do every day.
If a thread is about kills (illegal street racing), it will be deleted. If it is about performance E60 vs. E60 it is main forum. E60 vs. other cars is competition. It's easy...

A new forum would create a bigger mess than it allready is (as some claim) and would easily lead into discussions about illegal activities, which E60.net does NOT support.

Absolutely no need for a new forum.
Exactly.
Well, Ice, it is good that you admit your bias. I don't think that a mod should be biased against topics that are fair game by Administration decree.

Perhaps your bias is the reason that the posts of some are being "moderated" inappropriately on the basis of their topic titles rather than their contents. I repeat what I have said before. Performance has always been a front page topic. And, I don't think that you have the right to change this policy--which has been supported by both Mark and das.

If it weren't for your bias, then, perhaps, we wouldn't need to push for a performance forum. And, if fact, we wouldn't be having all these discussions.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Znod' post='359891' date='Nov 23 2006, 04:44 PM
Well, Ice, it is good that you admit your bias. I don't think that a mod should be biased against topics that are fair game by Administration decree.

Perhaps your bias is the reason that the posts of some are being "moderated" inappropriately on the basis of their topic titles rather than their contents. I repeat what I have said before. Performance has always been a front page topic. And, I don't think that you have the right to change this policy--which has been supported by both Mark and das.

If it weren't for your bias, then, perhaps, we wouldn't need to push for a performance forum. And, if fact, we wouldn't be having all these discussions.

Absolutely agree. Look at any other messageboard... performance comparisons are always front page news... not back page. Like said... if its not CLEARLY unappropriate and in the wrong forum leave it alone.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='359878' date='Nov 23 2006, 04:24 PM
There is no need for launch comparisons, straight line performance comparisons, etc....
C'mon Ice - that's the basis for the whole automotive journalism industry which was built on these competitive comparisons. Personally, that's why I much prefer to read publications like Evo, which emphasize performance above all rather than Consumer Reports!!
Old 11-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='359888

My dear Znod.

I am not bias. I "don't care" doesn't mean I'm bias, OK?
Maybe you are bias when you say I don't care, but I'm not.

I have said it before many times, I read all osts on the forums. Even the ones I don't care about. And I said before that the moving decission of a thread is not made by a title of a thread, it is allways made by its content.
I am not cfhanging any policys here, others are!
Mark in example agreed that this specific topic that caused all this discussions here belongs to the competition forum.

If you want a pissing contest, Don, please PM me. OK?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='359885' date='Nov 23 2006, 04:36 PM
I don't need to learn it.

And I drive exactly what I should be driving. Even if you don't think so.

YOU don't tell ME what I should drive or not. Period.
Ice you are out of touch with a very high percentage of us. You need to rethink a lot of things about our forum's membership and your role as a moderator. If you can't do so and treat what is likely a majority fairly, then you should resign from being a moderator.

And, why did you need to move my poll from the front page? Oh, right; it contains a poll about a suggestion. But, on the other hand, fewer probably will go here to see it and, thus, get involved.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='359893' date='Nov 24 2006, 01:50 AM
Absolutely agree. Look at any other messageboard... performance comparisons are always front page news... not back page. Like said... if its not CLEARLY unappropriate and in the wrong forum leave it alone.
There is no front page forum nor a back page forum.

The front page of this forum shows ALL forums, therefore ALL forums are SUBforums.

Posting in wrong places is inappropriate in every message board, not just here on E60.net. Posts get moved in all communitys.

People are annoyed when there is one forum where there is all, and you can't find stuff easily.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Znod' post='359897' date='Nov 24 2006, 01:58 AM
Ice you are out of touch with a very high percentage of us. You need to rethink a lot of things about our forum's membership and your role as a moderator. If you can't do so, then you should resign as a moderator.

And, why did you need to move my poll from the front page? Oh, right; it contains a poll about a suggestion.
Don,

if someone has to rethink his membership, than it's definately not me.........

A HIGH percentage? Yeah right. Dream on.
But agian, I said I deon't care about such discussions, so what? You do. OK. But those discussions are in the forum and I accept it.

I moved your poll to the CORRECT forum. This poll is about this WEBSITE, it contains COMMENTS and a SUGGESTION.

Again, looking for a pissing contest, you know how to use the PM function or send an email.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='359899' date='Nov 23 2006, 04:59 PM
There is no front page forum nor a back page forum.

The front page of this forum shows ALL forums, therefore ALL forums are SUBforums.

Posting in wrong places is inappropriate in every message board, not just here on E60.net. Posts get moved in all communitys.

People are annoyed when there is one forum where there is all, and you can't find stuff easily.
Fine, let's have a performance forum. And, don't play dumb. You know what we mean by front page.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='359900' date='Nov 23 2006, 05:02 PM
Don,

if someone has to rethink his membership, than it's definately not me.........

A HIGH percentage? Yeah right. Dream on.
But agian, I said I deon't care about such discussions, so what? You do. OK. But those discussions are in the forum and I accept it.

I moved your poll to the CORRECT forum. This poll is about this WEBSITE, it contains COMMENTS and a SUGGESTION.

Again, looking for a pissing contest, you know how to use the PM function or send an email.
I've said what I think in the open--like I always do.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Znod' post='359901' date='Nov 24 2006, 02:03 AM
Fine, let's have a performance forum. And, don't play dumb. You know what we mean by front page.
YOU are the one that ALLWAYS wnat to get straight answers and straight rules. If you are so over-correct, than you HAVE to admit that I was right in moving this thread and the thread in question that caused this discussion, and you have to admit that the terms "front page" and "Back page" are inappropriate.
If everybody uses the correct forum right away all the forums get teh same traffic, and even better, only the traffic they need.

I only said I don't like the idea and don't see the need.

If someone else decides to create such a forum, I will just do my job as before. And I BET that there will still be such threads in the general forum, because it gets "more attention"...

If you have the right to say what you think, I do so too.

Quick Reply: Where would U prefer to see all types of 5-Series per-