Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Closed Topic

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='314434' date='Jul 24 2006, 02:17 PM
Having recently checked out a number of other car forums I can say that the admin at e60.net are by far the best.

There is a lot of freedom on the forum and they rarely intervene, which I think is one of the main reasons why most members treat one another with a high degree of respect.

Many forums totally ban discussion of street racing for fear that they will be seen to condone it.

E60.net has taken a more relaxed approach, but I can certainly see that having a thread set-up specifically to discuss something illegal (and also extremely dangerous) would be undesirable.

So - I'm happy the thread has been closed and I am happy that we are all free to continue to post whatever we like.

Obviously if any post (racing or otherwise) is made which is over the top, then the admin chaps will intervene - that's completely fair.

We have no right to 'demand' anything - the forum would not exist without DAS and Lomaq's good grace, time, effort and bandwidth.
Excelently put!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='314410' date='Jul 24 2006, 03:42 AM
OMG Zonod, really man you don't know when to quit do you?! I personally feel what Lomag did, and i just want to say that i am very very happy that we have the best admins in the wole world. I mean, i'm still a newbie through some "old" folks here but all that i saw was only perfect behaviour and actions by our admins.
I mean it's indiferent for me if the thread was closed or not since it didn't interested me so much.So please man, take a brake and quit it. Do smth better instead of arguing till the end of time. Many gave you the ideea before. Do that and just quit it.

LONG LIVE OUR ADMINS Lomag and Das !!!
Hi BMW:

I think both Mark and I probably will see that all that transpired arose from me not seeing one of his posts and some carelessly chosen words. I think that Mark and I will work it out. I too think our admin does a very good job in general. I have apologized to Mark for overlooking one of his posts and continuing to pursue things after I should have known the answers to my questions.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='314434' date='Jul 24 2006, 06:17 AM
Having recently checked out a number of other car forums I can say that the admin at e60.net are by far the best.

There is a lot of freedom on the forum and they rarely intervene, which I think is one of the main reasons why most members treat one another with a high degree of respect.

Many forums totally ban discussion of street racing for fear that they will be seen to condone it.

E60.net has taken a more relaxed approach, but I can certainly see that having a thread set-up specifically to discuss something illegal (and also extremely dangerous) would be undesirable.

So - I'm happy the thread has been closed and I am happy that we are all free to continue to post whatever we like.

Obviously if any post (racing or otherwise) is made which is over the top, then the admin chaps will intervene - that's completely fair.

We have no right to 'demand' anything - the forum would not exist without DAS and Lomaq's good grace, time, effort and bandwidth.
I agree with all you say. However, while I am fine with the way things are, I think that a better policy would be not to allow any threads or posts that discuss illegal activities. I am fine with the policy as I now understand it. But, It seems to me that it matters little whether there is one thread that deals with 1,000 kills or 1,000 threads that deal with one kill--provided that those on the threads behave "properly."

But, again, for any that might misconstrue, I emphasize that I am, and aways was, just fine with the thread being closed. All, I have ever wanted was to understand what the rules are going forward. I now understand, and, as indicated, so be it.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='314462' date='Jul 24 2006, 02:41 PM
I agree with all you say. However, while I am fine with the way things are, I think that a better policy would be not to allow any threads or posts that discuss illegal activities. I am fine with the policy as I now understand it, but I don't think you can have your cake and eat it too. It seems to me that it matters little whether there is one thread that deals with 1,0000 kills or 1,000 threads that deal with one kill--in the context of condoning or not condoning unsafe and illegal street activities.

But, again, for any that might misconstrue, I emphasize that I am, and aways was, just fine with the thread being closed. All, I have ever wanted was to understand what the rules are going forward. I now understand, and, as indicated, so be it.
Znod - I understand your point entirely. Reading your posts I could also see that you were just seeking guidance in 'black and white'.

However, I am also pleased that the mods have looked at this particular area in 'shades of grey'.

Putting myself in their position, I can see a very clear distinction between allowing forum members to post what they wish without inspecting every post for compliance with a strict set of forum rules and creating a special area within the forum for discussion of illegal street racing.

The first is passive neither encouraging or discouraging, the second is both active and encouraging.

If this were my forum I think I would have also closed the thread.

Personally I'm very happy that we continue to have such 'freedom of speech' !
Old 07-24-2006, 06:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='314468' date='Jul 24 2006, 09:00 AM
Znod - I understand your point entirely. Reading your posts I could also see that you were just seeking guidance in 'black and white'.

However, I am also pleased that the mods have looked at this particular area in 'shades of grey'.

Putting myself in their position, I can see a very clear distinction between allowing forum members to post what they wish without inspecting every post for compliance with a strict set of forum rules and creating a special area within the forum for discussion of illegal street racing.

The first is passive neither encouraging or discouraging, the second is both active and encouraging.

If this were my forum I think I would have also closed the thread.

Personally I'm very happy that we continue to have such 'freedom of speech' !
Yes, I see you point about passive versus active, etc., but one could simply make a rule that no illegal (and, perhaps unethical) activities are to be discussed on the forum and leave it to us to pretty much police ourselves. If such a rule was in place, I think that many would be willing to put the whoa on threads that begin discussing illegal or unethical activity.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='314478' date='Jul 24 2006, 03:19 PM
Yes, I see you point about passive versus active, etc., but one could simply make a rule that no illegal (and, perhaps unethical) activities are to be discussed on the forum and leave it to us to pretty much police ourselves. If such a rule was in place, I think that many would be willing to put the whoa on threads that begin discussing illegal or unethical activity.
But i'd miss all the naughty driving stories
Old 07-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='314501' date='Jul 24 2006, 11:01 AM
But i'd miss all the naughty driving stories
Me too, but right is right or not.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='314410

You are absolutely right! Perfectly said!
And to make clear that we 'have no right to demand' anything: this website is registered by Mark, aka Lomag! It is HIS site! Legally HE is the one in charge, so HE decides what is on this site and what isn't!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Znod' post='314374' date='Jul 24 2006, 06:51 AM
...I also find your comment about altering the truth to be highly offensive. I may make mistakes, but I don't do decitful things...
With all due respect, Sir, YOUR post were offensive against the admins first!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='314610' date='Jul 24 2006, 04:39 PM
With all due respect, Sir, YOUR post were offensive against the admins first!
Wrong. What did I say that was offensive?

Quick Reply: Closed Topic