Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Closed Topic

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x
Thumbs up

If you don't mind me asking, Why was "The Official 5-Series Kills/Killed Thread" closed?
Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

It was closed because I've received several complaints over the last week or so from different people. Some just that thread doesn't belong, others complained about the content, the name calling, etc.. although as I understand it was fmostly friendly sarcastic remarks but lets please let it go and move on to some more normal discussion. I hate sounding like the bad guy.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='312925' date='Jul 19 2006, 09:49 PM
It was closed because I've received several complaints over the last week or so from different people. Some just that thread doesn't belong, others complained about the content, the name calling, etc.. although as I understand it was fmostly friendly sarcastic remarks but lets please let it go and move on to some more normal discussion. I hate sounding like the bad guy.
I don't think that a few complaints are a good reason to close a thread. What if a few people don't like discussions that deal with RFT's?

A forum needs a policy for closing threads--not just a few complaints. What are the forum policies about closing threads? There was a little name calling, but all of what was going on was in fun. I think good forum policy is to warn those who are believed to be making inappropriate posts either publicly or privately, but not to close the thread because of a few individual posts. And, again, if that is not the reason the thread was closed, then there needs to be a policy concerning closures not a few annoymous complaints by who knows who and what axes they have to grind. And, if someone doesn't like a thread that is not contrary to forum policy, then they should be invited to simply ignore the thread.

The moderator's comments at the start of the thread imply that the thread was not contrary to forum policy at the outset and until today. In this regard, it didn't apparently become against forum policy until a very few people complained--some possibly with ulterior motives. And, if it did not become against forum policy, then it should not have been closed.

I hate to let a very few individuals who operate in secrecy have the final say in things. So, let's hear from the complainers. I'd like to know what you complained about.

Z
Old 07-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Can some please point me to the forum rules and/or policy?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by jiio' post='312937' date='Jul 20 2006, 12:01 AM
Can some please point me to the forum rules and/or policy?
When you register, you are forced to agree to the following:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

(You might have to log back into the forums after clicking the link above...)

If you just want to see the terms without clicking the link above, here is the text of the page:

Forum Terms & Rules

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Ignore the PM I just sent you. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by jiio' post='312946' date='Jul 20 2006, 12:20 AM
Ignore the PM I just sent you. Thanks!
Too late...
Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I think what should have been done instead of closing it was moderators / admins should delete those name calling posts and those posts that are completly irrelevant and warn the poster.

I dont think it was necassary to close the whole thread.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Thanks for the explanation Lomag, though to be honest I think the thread in question was conducted in good humor and was pretty harmless - and I feel bad for Znod that a thread started with the best of intentions seems to have been misrepresented and taken out of context.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Contributors

The light-hearted name calling had nothing to do with the thread being closed. The primary reason was the topic: Kills/Killed. The people that have problems with this kind of thread should not be reading them. If they don't read then they wouldn't have any reason to be complaining.

NOTE: I was the subject of the name calling, and was not upset at all. I knew the folks whom I was exchanging dialogue with.

Quick Reply: Closed Topic