Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Closed Topic

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

As you can see the majority of people do not mind a thread such as the Kills thread. It was conducted civilly unlike Kill threads in other forums. Please don't let the minority determine what is acceptable and what is not. I would understand if you, Lomag, were deluged with PMs from a lot of members complaining about this matter but this is not the case here. Thanks for listening.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

I not only do not mind a kill thread but actually find it quite entertaining. I do not understand the name calling at all. The person who was made fun of already said that nothing was insulting and it was all done for fun. I find this to be pretty ridiculous but at the same time helpless since I am not a MODERATOR. :thumbsdown:

Oh well, no point complaining, let's just move on....hope this doesnt happen again.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Hi Lomag,
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents on this matter. I personally think its not fair to close off a thread because a few people didn't like the subject or some of the comments. If a person doesn't like the idea of street racing or freeway racing then don't read the subject or race them self. I personally don't read threads that I don't agree on or that doesn't interest me but I don't think its fair to close it off. Are you gonna close off threads that talk about lowering the E60 or threads that talk about chrome rims because a few people complained about the subject? I think we should be able to talk about anything related to the E60 of course in a civil manner. How about if we started a thread name " what cars have you beaten or got beat " instead of kills and killed? Would that be ok for a thread? I know its hard for you because you have to keep control of the forum but I really think its not fair that we can't talk about the cars that we beat and got beaten. Can you tell us how we can start a thread like that without being closed again? Thanks Lomag

Bing

Edit: Maybe this would be a good time to start a sub-forum for this subject (What cars your E60 have beaten) This way people know what they're getting into by clicking on the sub forum and reading the threads instead of having these subjects in the general discussions. This way hopefully no one gets offended by these subjects. If people are offended by these subjects then they wouldn't have to read it at all in the general discussion. What do you guys think?
Old 07-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='312943' date='Jul 19 2006, 11:15 PM
When you register, you are forced to agree to the following:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

(You might have to log back into the forums after clicking the link above...)

If you just want to see the terms without clicking the link above, here is the text of the page:

[i]Forum Terms & Rules
Thanks Rudy. It does not look like any general policies are at issue. It seems to me that the problem might have been resolved in the manner stated in the rules--which say nothing about a few complaints by who knows who or why. I am not expecting you to reply or take sides. Thanks again.

Z
Old 07-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I don't mean to stir up controversy between you guys in the least. The forum rules posted above are the defaults written in the forum software which are pretty common sense type things. I don't really believe in any rules and feel that people should be able to control themselves. Basically, I try to intervene as little as possible. Now, when a problem occurs, other members step in and make it obvious which is what happened here.

Originally Posted by swajames' post='312967' date='Jul 20 2006, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the explanation Lomag, though to be honest I think the thread in question was conducted in good humor and was pretty harmless - and I feel bad for Znod that a thread started with the best of intentions seems to have been misrepresented and taken out of context.
In terms of this quote, In the past several of Znod's threads have led to similar issues. I too believe Znod has the best intentions in mind with all the threads he starts. It just seems some of them spiral out of control for some reason.

In any event, I don't mean to offend anyone. Threads are rarely if ever closed. Heck, I used to get some kick back just for moving threads which I've really laxed on over the past months. It's hard to please everyone but I will continue trying to keep the house in order.

Please lets move on.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='312992' date='Jul 20 2006, 12:05 AM
Edit: Maybe this would be a good time to start a sub-forum for this subject (What cars your E60 have beaten) This way people know what they're getting into by clicking on the sub forum and reading the threads instead of having these subjects in the general discussions. This way hopefully no one gets offended by these subjects. If people are offended by these subjects then they wouldn't have to read it at all in the general discussion. What do you guys think?
I second the motion.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='313102' date='Jul 20 2006, 09:37 AM
I don't mean to stir up controversy between you guys in the least. The forum rules posted above are the defaults written in the forum software which are pretty common sense type things. I don't really believe in any rules and feel that people should be able to control themselves. Basically, I try to intervene as little as possible. Now, when a problem occurs, other members step in and make it obvious which is what happened here.
In terms of this quote, In the past several of Znod's threads have led to similar issues. I too believe Znod has the best intentions in mind with all the threads he starts. It just seems some of them spiral out of control for some reason.

In any event, I don't mean to offend anyone. Threads are rarely if ever closed. Heck, I used to get some kick back just for moving threads which I've really laxed on over the past months. It's hard to please everyone but I will continue trying to keep the house in order.

Please lets move on.
Thanks Lomag, but, given the policy stated above, I think it would be appropriate to remove the inappropriate posts, as you judge them, from the thread and reopen it. Alternatively, you could post a message on the thread indicating what you don't want to see more of and reopen the thread. Personally, a few posts used "bad" language, inuendo, disrespect, and some non-PCness (not that I am an overly PC person) that I would rather not see in our discussions, but these actions are not the fault of the thread. I don't think that the kidding was a problem. I think the comaraderie that is develped here is good.

Unless you are saying, in effect, that the thread topic is inapproriate, then I don't know what you are going to do if a few complain about other topics. And, I don't know what you are going to do if another thread contains some of the things I mentioned above. Closing treads and punishing all does not seem to be the appropriate answer. I think that my proposed alternative solutions are fair to all--and not only to the tiny minority that complained.

Best,

Z
Old 07-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='312992' date='Jul 20 2006, 12:05 AM

I agree some people have issues with "racing threads" but if you click on a topic that's named "The Official 5-Series Kills/Killed Thread" you pretty much know what you are getting into. I agree with the majority, if you're offended by certain topics...ignore them/skip them.

At first I assumed the thread was closed because it went a little off-topic but then I realized there's a huge thread with 450+ pages...there's little chance the topic was closed for that reason.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Busta' post='313109' date='Jul 20 2006, 09:49 AM
I agree some people have issues with "racing threads" but if you click on a topic that's named "The Official 5-Series Kills/Killed Thread" you pretty much know what you are getting into. I agree with the majority, if you're offended by certain topics...ignore them/skip them.

At first I assumed the thread was closed because it went a little off-topic but then I realized there's a huge thread with 450+ pages...there's little chance the topic was closed for that reason.
Also, before quite a few posts were deleted, the thread you are referring to contained the biggest brouhaha that I have ever seen here--well except maybe the one started by the cowardly Jock Yard. Anyway, one member, and another to a lesser extent, kept attacking the topic, primarily me, and to a lesser extent grogan545. He also attacked the mods for condoning threads that deal with illegal activities (i.e., g-meter testing on "deserted" roads"). Das told him/them to cease and desist and eliminated all his posts and some of those made by the other. The person departed the forums because the mods would not ban me. So, he reappeared on the 18th made a comment about me, gave his usual inuendo about the Phoenix Police, and criticized the mods for condoning the existence of threads "dealing with illegal and unsafe activities ...." I don't want to think that the mods would give in to this type of harrassment or to let us be the victims of it.

I looked for one of das' replies on the thread, but could not find it. Maybe he deleted it too or it was on another similar thread. But, paraphrasing as best I can at this point, he said:

Many are strongly interested in performance issues and that their discussion is appropriate. If not interested in such discussions, then there are plenty of other threads to read and post on. Please limit your activities to those threads.

I don't recall if das indicated that the board does not condone illegal and unsafe activities. But, it is clear from the intro to the closed thread that it doesn't condone such activties at least publicly.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='313102

I think you're right. The topic was not the problem. The problem was that it went a little off-topic. If a topic itself is a problem I am sure our admins would have changed the name of the topic without closing it.

Anyways, Just open a new thread, with a "cleaner" subject and then don't let it drift off-topic again.

Quick Reply: Closed Topic