Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Closed Topic

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Old 07-24-2006, 04:04 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Can we please drop this now?

For the record, here are my thoughts:

NO STREET RACING ON PUBLIC STREETS IS ACCEPTABLE, no matter what "precautions" you take.

Why?

I didn't say that a knowledgeable person might not be able to execute it safely every single time. But not everyone is knowledgeable, and while we can't protect everyone from themselves, we don't want to encourage behavior that is illegal in almost all jurisdictions this forum reaches.

Thus, talking about "kills", even if some people do it in controlled settings, tends to attract and encourage drag racing on streets and other public roadways, which is inherently "unsafe" from a general perspective.

Have I done it before? Yes, and I'm sure a lot of people have taken someone at a red light every now and again. But that doesn't make it right, and glorifying it with exacting details, even if some people do it in controlled or almost-sure-to-be-safe conditions or settings, still will encourage unsafe behavior in others, no matter how many disclaimers you issue.

Further, even if it's isolated, in the middle of nowhere, and there's not another breathing soul for miles, it's still likely illegal if it's on a public roadway - even if it doesn't exceed posted speed limits.

The bottom line is this: this board does not endorse, condone, or encourage illegal behavior of any kind. Therefore, while I'm sure Mark and I won't get involved in policing discussions that reference a friendly race here and there, we don't want to have in-depth, focused topics on "kills", that, even if not intended to do so, encourage discussion of such "kills" on public streets and roadways.

And honestly, this wouldn't even be an issue and wouldn't even have resulted in closed topics of some posters didn't display such willful ignorance of the discomfort others have with the topic. This should be all there is to say.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by das' post='314641' date='Jul 25 2006, 03:04 AM
Can we please drop this now?

For the record, here are my thoughts:

NO STREET RACING ON PUBLIC STREETS IS ACCEPTABLE, no matter what "precautions" you take.

Why?

I didn't say that a knowledgeable person might not be able to execute it safely every single time. But not everyone is knowledgeable, and while we can't protect everyone from themselves, we don't want to encourage behavior that is illegal in almost all jurisdictions this forum reaches.

Thus, talking about "kills", even if some people do it in controlled settings, tends to attract and encourage drag racing on streets and other public roadways, which is inherently "unsafe" from a general perspective.

Have I done it before? Yes, and I'm sure a lot of people have taken someone at a red light every now and again. But that doesn't make it right, and glorifying it with exacting details, even if some people do it in controlled or almost-sure-to-be-safe conditions or settings, still will encourage unsafe behavior in others, no matter how many disclaimers you issue.

Further, even if it's isolated, in the middle of nowhere, and there's not another breathing soul for miles, it's still likely illegal if it's on a public roadway - even if it doesn't exceed posted speed limits.

The bottom line is this: this board does not endorse, condone, or encourage illegal behavior of any kind. Therefore, while I'm sure Mark and I won't get involved in policing discussions that reference a friendly race here and there, we don't want to have in-depth, focused topics on "kills", that, even if not intended to do so, encourage discussion of such "kills" on public streets and roadways.

And honestly, this wouldn't even be an issue and wouldn't even have resulted in closed topics of some posters didn't display such willful ignorance of the discomfort others have with the topic. This should be all there is to say.
A+ Can i say i love our admins without sounding weird?!