Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Closed Topic

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='313185' date='Jul 20 2006, 11:15 AM

IMHO you are doing a great job, Lomag. Thank you!
I think you're right. The topic was not the problem. The problem was that it went a little off-topic. If a topic itself is a problem I am sure our admins would have changed the name of the topic without closing it.

Anyways, Just open a new thread, with a "cleaner" subject and then don't let it drift off-topic again.
Yes. That is what I suggested to the usual suspects that made the thread veer off into oblivion. Myself included of course.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='313185' date='Jul 20 2006, 01:15 PM

IMHO you are doing a great job, Lomag. Thank you!
I think you're right. The topic was not the problem. The problem was that it went a little off-topic. If a topic itself is a problem I am sure our admins would have changed the name of the topic without closing it.

Anyways, Just open a new thread, with a "cleaner" subject and then don't let it drift off-topic again.
Hi Ice:

According to Lomag, the problem was neither straying nor the title of the thread. Apparently, a few people complained about the topic and its tone (perhaps the banter). And, one suggested that the mods condone "unsafe and illegal" activities on the streets. The banter could easily have been dealt with without closing the thread. And, the mods had already made it clear, at the start of the thread, that they do not condone "unsafe and illegal" activities on the street when the pointless safety/illegality comment was made. If the title was a problem, then the mods could have changed it without closing the thread. And, how many other topics stray without getting closed? Some even have curse words, or facsimilies of such, and disrespectfulness in their titles and don't get closed.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Znod' post='313203' date='Jul 20 2006, 08:40 PM
Hi Ice:

According to Lomag, the problem was neither straying nor the title of the thread. Apparently, a few people complained about the topic and its tone (perhaps the banter). And, one suggested that the mods condone "unsafe and illegal" activities on the streets. The banter could easily have been dealt with without closing the thread. And, the mods had already made it clear, at the start of the thread, that they do not condone "unsafe and illegal" activities on the street when the pointless safety/illegality comment was made. If the title was a problem, then the mods could have changed it without closing the thread. And, how many other topics stray without getting closed? Some even have curse words, or facsimilies of such, and disrespectfulness in their titles and don't get closed.
Now what exactly are you trying to do here?

Have you read my post or do you just hit the reply button automatically? Sorry for the sarcasm, but I don't think you have understood what I posted and I tell you something else:

I don't like that you seem to be trying to discredit our great admins work.

Let him alone. He made a decision. period. You don't like it, you said it. Done and over.

Now continue from here on and stop living in the past. The thread is closed and you should better not start arguing about our admins. Lomag and Das are doing a great job!

Somebody complained, they made a decision. You don't need to agree with them. Stop it, OK?
Old 07-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='313339' date='Jul 20 2006, 05:02 PM
Now what exactly are you trying to do here?

What do you mean? I am discussing the issue like everyone else.

Have you read my post or do you just hit the reply button automatically? Sorry for the sarcasm, but I don't think you have understood what I posted and I tell you something else:

Why be sorry; you meant it. And, I don't think you read Lomag's explanation. He did not say what you said he said--which is what I was explaining. Below is what Lomag said. How does your suggestion, etc., relate to what he said?

"It was closed because I've received several complaints over the last week or so from different people. Some just that thread doesn't belong, others complained about the content, the name calling, etc.. although as I understand it was fmostly friendly sarcastic remarks ...

I don't like that you seem to be trying to discredit our great admins work.

I am calling a spade a spade, not sucking up. I am not trying to discredit anyone.

Let him alone. He made a decision. period. You don't like it, you said it. Done and over.

I don't take orders. I think we deserve a further explanation and a policy on things like this issue. I made some suggestions and gave some legitimate discussion. I'd like to hear more.

Now continue from here on and stop living in the past. The thread is closed and you should better not start arguing about our admins. Lomag and Das are doing a great job!

No living in the past here. And, as mentioned, I don't take orders. How are your going to operationalize your threat about what I had better not do? I think that things can be changed and issues can be addressed when the validity of additional correct logic is seen. Why run and hide from legitimate issues?

Somebody complained, they made a decision. You don't need to agree with them. Stop it, OK?

No. Please don't bother me again with inaneness.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Znod,
I don't know what to say to you.

Just TRY, please TRY, to read and UNDERSTAND my post.
I don't have the will nor the time to get into a deeper discussion with you.

It is annoying that you ask for rules and question the admins motifs.

I really don't see why this is such a big deal for you. Open a new thread for Gods sake.

Have a nice day.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='313386' date='Jul 20 2006, 06:23 PM
Znod,
I don't know what to say to you.

Just TRY, please TRY, to read and UNDERSTAND my post.
I don't have the will nor the time to get into a deeper discussion with you.

It is annoying that you ask for rules and question the admins motifs.
I really don't see why this is such a big deal for you. Open a new thread for Gods sake.
Have a nice day.
You have a nice day too. But, I still think that you are the one who is confused. But, OK, whatever.

I would open a new thread with the request for others to just post "Beats" and "Beatens" (so that I could update the post #1) and to discuss the specifics elsewhere. But, I don't think that you are the one to give me permission to do so. I hesitate to do it without clarifcation from Lomag and an OK to go ahead with the plan. I don't want to start a new thread when it may suffer the same fate as the old one because of complaints about the topic (street racing) and silliness from DIY exhiles about the mods condoning "unsafe and illegal" activities on the streets. So, I am waiting on Lomag for a "what to do." If he says go, then I'll know the topic, per se, is not the problem and that complaints about the topic will not be an issue.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Znod' post='313389' date='Jul 21 2006, 01:30 AM
But, I still think that you are the one who is confused.
No, I'm not, but I have a problem with your tone.
You are the confused one, since you still talk about permissions and orders that I never gave, so you don't understand what I am saying.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='313392' date='Jul 20 2006, 06:37 PM
No, I'm not, but I have a problem with your tone.
You are the confused one, since you still talk about permissions and orders that I never gave, so you don't understand what I am saying.
You gave me a suggestion--post the topic again, but differently I presume. I like the suggestion. But, I think that Lomag is the one to give the OK. Unlike you, I still don't think I know for sure that a new thread dealing with street racing would fly. I am afraid that it would get closed if a few complained about the topic. "Tone?" me here. I don't think you are understanding me. I'll try this again.

Edit: I want to emphisize something related to a comment you made above. I have never questioned the mods' motives. Indeed, I celebrated what das said. And, what I am doing is trying to understand clearly what Lomag's motivation is. Without understanding, I am unclear on how to proceed.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Znod' post='313203' date='Jul 20 2006, 11:40 AM
Hi Ice:

Yes I agree like I said... that perticular thread could have been delt with some other way other than closing it. I dont think closing it was the best solution. Its kind of sad that the Admins chose to close it because 1 or 2 people complained about "street racing" but thats not my choice. A few post here and a few posts there will not change the outcome of how many people race on the streets. I trust those that can afford a 60+K car to make good enough judgement... with that kind of success you dont just throw away your life like that and it shows you have enough intelligence. Those in riced up Civics I dont trust.

As I said. Just because people are not allowed to post about races wont stop them from racing on the streets. Everyone is interested in what the E60 can take on and cant take on. I am VERY interested... but I hardly ever race. Just not me. But I participate in the threads.

Ice that was a little hard on Znod... that one post... hope you guys make up. I think Znod just wants a clear-er answer from our admins. If they will or will not allow those kind of posts anymore. If not then fine be it. We'll try not to make them anymore but if its because of somthing else... bad topic... bad wording... Off topic then we'll try to behave in the next tread.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='313517' date='Jul 21 2006, 12:03 AM
Yes I agree like I said... that perticular thread could have been delt with some other way other than closing it. I dont think closing it was the best solution ....
Rightonbro .

Quick Reply: Closed Topic