New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

520d in Belgium, some questions for BeLux owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: May 2008 520d, SaphireBlack, CreamBeige with black trim, Prof. Nav, Voice, Bluetooth, electrochrome mirrors, alarm, CA, PDC, Xenon with adaptive, Airco with extra funct., USB, HiFi system. all that I need from my 1st BMW :)

Hello everybody!
I just received on Friday my first BMW, previously a Corsa '98 then a Megane II phase II '06 and decided to go for something more serious. Had a choice between an E klasse and a 300C (similar prices here in Belgium) but decided to go for BMW, since nothing looks and drives like a BMW. Another deciding factor was the typical age of a E-klasse driver (above 50 I guess) and the gangster looks of the 300C. I am almost 30 and far away from any sort of gangster activities. Anyway, you have the specs at the signature and I think it is a good ideea to also put some pictures for those interested in buying a car that has CreamBeige and black trim with no chrome around the windows. Really do not like the chrome around the windows. It looks like an aquarium. Sorry guys, my opinion. Surprisingly the car came without a USB cable connection for the IPOD. Maybe some persons that know about BeLux can tell if they received the cable. Another issue is that it came with non RFT but with Pirelli P7. I know, I will change the rims for 18" or 19" later on (have still to decide which ones). When I have seen the spare tire and the lifter was quite surprised but reading about the problems encountered with non RFT I decided to shut up. I hope I did a good thing. Drove this weekend to Spa and and all around (now 700 km on board) and I enjoy it a lot. It is more than sufficient for my needs. Maybe when the F10 will be on the market I will get some M kits and Sport AT and all other goodies that a lot of others enjoy so much.
Ok. Greeting to all and I already know what I want: black kidney grills, alu. pedals, angeleyes, 19" rims and there will be more....
Cheers and do not be harsh! It is only my first bimmer!
Attached Thumbnails 520d in Belgium, some questions for BeLux owners-web1.jpg   520d in Belgium, some questions for BeLux owners-web2.jpg   520d in Belgium, some questions for BeLux owners-web4.jpg   520d in Belgium, some questions for BeLux owners-web5.jpg   520d in Belgium, some questions for BeLux owners-web6.jpg  

Old 06-02-2008, 02:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

congrats on your new ride!!

It looks good. I follow your opinion on the shadow line trim .
And concerning the Ipod cable: depends on what the dealer gives you as a 'gift'

PS: where are you located in Belgium?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Members

My Ride: May 2008 520d, SaphireBlack, CreamBeige with black trim, Prof. Nav, Voice, Bluetooth, electrochrome mirrors, alarm, CA, PDC, Xenon with adaptive, Airco with extra funct., USB, HiFi system. all that I need from my 1st BMW :)

Thank you for sharing the opinion, thought I was the only one. I am located in Turnhout halfway between Antwerpen and Eindhoven. It is good not to feel cheated, concerning the cable. The only gift was a 10% discount for accesories that I will buy. Probably I will make in the autumn a purchase of wheels and other things. It does not sound as much but I did get the car with discount (diplomatic).
It is hard to think that I will ever buy that cable since I am a mac user and i do not belive that the apple format of the hdd or flash drive is recognized. Better off with the memory stick of 8 GB bought from MediaMarkt for a very low price. I still need to find a short usb cable not to force the USB connection as it might be damaged by removing the USB stick.
Cheers!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Congrats on the new ride and welcome on board!!

Nice looking ride you have there -- the black paint, shaddow line, black trim and cream beige leather work really well together. The black grills will be a great mod. As for rims, in the Gallery section (top of page) you will find a whole host of different set-ups for you to consider. Obviously if you want any opinions on how you can best spend that hard earned money of yours on your ride, we're here to help...

Keep an eye out for the Meet & Greet section, because we have a number of members in the BeNeLux region taking part in these, so the more the merrier!

Enjoy...
Old 06-02-2008, 06:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

Well i also have the USB-in and i use the original apple USB cable.
Works fine for me .
Old 06-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 and F10

nice ride.
are you a diplomat
Old 06-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats. welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Members

@ xBMWx - thanks. I will keep an eye. Seen pictures from the last meeting. It looked really nice. I hope I will make it next time. As for the wheels I really like the Asanti , two tone ones. Whenever I will chose for some, of course that I will ask.
@ BMW ///M 525xi My IPod Touch is not FAT32 so it does not work most likely with any sort of cable. I had a nano which I could easily format on a windows machine and that worked with the standard Ipod cable but the names of the files are far away from the actual name (groups of 4 letters, I admit that I did put on only 4 songs, thought about a fast information transffer). I will browse through the forum to check how it has to be done.
@ M3 SMGII I try my best. Most of the time it does not work as good as planned.
@ NeRwEEzy Ty. I am enjoying the forum since the car was in the stage "maybe I will get a bimmer" and it helped a lot for making certain decisions.
Regards