Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY 18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='275183' date='Apr 28 2006, 01:49 PM
But honestly, it is discouraging how little response I get from the group. I would hope that everyone who signed up has this particular topic selected for automatic notification when someone posts. I have many times asked questions and for 50 some people that have "signed up" for the tour, I get maybe 5 answers. I am still faced with making decisions without any feedback from you guys.
Hi Santiago

I'm not sure why, but I've stopped getting automatic notification from this thread. Its the same with some others, but not all threads? Its almost as if threads where I've recently posted send me updates, but threads where my last post was one month or more ago, stops sending me updates! Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Anyway apologies for not replying. I will look at the travel plans this weekend and post a reply shortly.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:10 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally I booked in a hotel 2 Km close to Lindner - Landshut.

I found it by viamichelin.com
I gave as destination Lindner's address, then I clicked "short by distance".
Two hotels are close to Lindner. The first one is 1.2 km and the other one (which i've booked) is 2 km, but it is Michelin recommended.
I booked there for three nights 17-18-19 July

Here is the hotel:
http://www.bookings.org/hotel/de/minotella...=2006-7&lang=en

Here is the Viamichelin link:
http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr...sons=2&x=27&y=9

I'm looking now for a hotel close to Forsthaus for FIZ Meile and BMW Munich day's night. (20 July)
21 July Friday early morning we have to travel to Ancona.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:37 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='278741' date='May 6 2006, 05:10 PM
I'm looking now for a hotel close to Forsthaus for FIZ Meile and BMW Munich day's night. (20 July)
Hi Nick it's great that you have found a place to stay. I was worried that you would not be able to this late.

But just to make sure you're not booking too far from an activity. BOTH the FIZ and the Munich plants (Werk 1) are in Munich - about 2 Km from each other. You do not need a hotel for either.

The plan is to do Dingolfing (18 - 19) and when we check out of the Lindner (or the hotel you are staying in) in the morning of the 20th, we'll drive to the FIZ for the morning session and to Werk 1 for the afternoon session.

The Forsthaus hotel is down by Garmisch - in Oberau - and that's just to hang out together. All the BMW activities will be over when we get there.

We'll stay at the Forsthaus Hotel on Thursday night and check out on Friday and you can travel to Ancona like you say.

You'll have a long drive from Athens. Take it easy and be safe - keep the shiny part up and the greasy part down..

Regards,
Santiago

PS I like the M6 wheels on the E60.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='278741' date='May 6 2006, 05:10 PM
Finally I booked in a hotel 2 Km close to Lindner - Landshut.

I found it by viamichelin.com
I gave as destination Lindner's address, then I clicked "short by distance".
Two hotels are close to Lindner. The first one is 1.2 km and the other one (which i've booked) is 2 km, but it is Michelin recommended.
I booked there for three nights 17-18-19 July

Here is the hotel:
http://www.bookings.org/hotel/de/minotella...=2006-7&lang=en

Here is the Viamichelin link:
http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr...sons=2&x=27&y=9

Hey Nicko epharisto take your hot gun with you just kiddin' so happy to you can make it mate
Old 05-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

BUMP BUMP BUMP

please let Santiago know if you are still or (newly) IN, thx.

Here's a recap:

* Tuesday 17 July 2006 - Check in at the Lindner Hotel Kaiserhof, Landshut. Owners' meet that evening - private room TBD.
* Wednesday, 18 July - Dingolfing (leave hotel by NLT 07:15) - Morning and afternoon sessions at plant with lunch provided by BMW.
* Wednesday, 18 July - evening back at the Lindner Hotel for possible tour of city of Landshut - sponsored by hotel - costs extra.
* Thursday, July 20th - Check out of Lindner Hotel and drive to Munich. Factory tour 12:30 to 3:00.
* Thursday, July 20th - After factory tour (16:00 or so), drive down leisurely from Munich to Oberau taking the sights, check in at the Forsthaus-Oberau in the early evening.

*********RESERVE YOUR ROOMS IF YOU'RE SPENDING THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY IN ********
***************GARMISCH WITH THE GROUP - CASTLE, ZUGSPITZE TOURS TBD****************

* Thursday night - dinner at Forsthaus hotel and group meet - then go down to Garmisch (9 KM south) to hang out.
* Friday, 21 July, go to the castle and to the Zugspitze or stay in Oberau/Garmisch - whatever everyone wants to do. This is all pay as you go. I will not make any arrangements for this. We can just do it on our own, or Bruce at the hotel can put it together for us. YOUR CHOICE.

* Friday PM = End of meet - shake hands, kiss the babies and bid farewell.

Remember also - Dingolfing: Children under 14 not allowed.
Munich yes if accompanied by adults.

And no cameras, phones, or any kind of recording device are allowed at either factory

Tchuss!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:19 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by ats77' post='279243' date='May 8 2006, 07:26 AM
BUMP BUMP BUMP
please let Santiago know if you are still or (newly) IN, thx.

Here's a recap:

* Tuesday 17 July 2006 - Check in at the Lindner Hotel Kaiserhof, Landshut. Owners' meet that evening - private room TBD. IT WILL COST AND WE'LL HAVE TO SHARE THE COST IF A ROOM IS STILL AVAILABLE.
* Wednesday, 18 July - Dingolfing (leave hotel by NLT 07:15) - Morning and afternoon sessions at plant with lunch provided by BMW. I STILL NEED TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION FOR THE AFTERNOON SESSION - IF ANYONE ELSE CARES TO ASK THE DESIGNERS AND ENGINEERS ANYTHING, LET ME KNOW SO THEY CAN HAVE THE RIGHT PEOPLE ON HAND TO SUPPORT THIS
* Wednesday, 18 July - evening back at the Lindner Hotel for possible tour of city of Landshut - sponsored by hotel - costs extra.
* Thursday, July 20th - Check out of Lindner Hotel and drive to Munich FOR FIZ TOUR AT 09:00 AM - NEED TO LEAVE LANDSHUT BY 07:00 OR SO IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND - MAXIMUM 25 PEOPLE
* THURSDAY, JULY 20TH - 12:30 to 3:00. Factory (WERK 1) tour
* Thursday, July 20th - After factory tour (16:00 or so), drive down leisurely from Munich to Oberau taking the sights, check in at the Forsthaus-Oberau in the early evening.

*********RESERVE YOUR ROOMS IF YOU'RE SPENDING THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY IN ********
***************GARMISCH WITH THE GROUP - CASTLE, ZUGSPITZE TOURS TBD****************

* Thursday night - dinner at Forsthaus hotel and group meet - then go down to Garmisch (9 KM south) to hang out.
* Friday, 21 July, go to the castle and to the Zugspitze or stay in Oberau/Garmisch - whatever everyone wants to do. This is all pay as you go. I will not make any arrangements for this. We can just do it on our own, or Bruce at the hotel can put it together for us. YOUR CHOICE.

* Friday PM = End of meet - shake hands, kiss the babies and bid farewell.

Remember also - Dingolfing: Children under 14 not allowed.
Munich yes if accompanied by adults.
FIZ REQUIRES PASSPORTS FOR ATTENDANCE
And no cameras, phones, or any kind of recording device are allowed ANYWHERE ON BMW GROUNDS
I STILL NEED SOME REAL NAMES OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE SIGNED UP. BMW WILL REQUIRE A COMPLETE LIST FOR ADMISSION
Tchuss!
All, I have modified ATS77's post. it was outdated since it didn't include the FIZ visit. I have added my comments in CAPS AND IN THIS COLOR - not because I'm screaming, but because I want you all to see what's different from his post.

Best Regards, and only about 9 weeks left.

Santiago
Old 05-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Contributors

Attachment 18758
Attachment 18759
Attachment 18758
Old 05-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Contributors

WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY  18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]-bump.jpg
WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY  18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]-bump2.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	bump.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	18758

AS HE SAID
NEED SOME REAL NAMES OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE SIGNED UP. BMW WILL REQUIRE A COMPLETE LIST FOR ADMISSION
Old 05-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by SG535d' post='278690' date='May 6 2006, 03:40 AM
Hi Santiago

I'm not sure why, but I've stopped getting automatic notification from this thread. Its the same with some others, but not all threads? Its almost as if threads where I've recently posted send me updates, but threads where my last post was one month or more ago, stops sending me updates! Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Anyway apologies for not replying. I will look at the travel plans this weekend and post a reply shortly.
I have completely the same problem, that's why I went to check if the topic still exist and if there is still somebody writing and replying. I hope I did not miss to much of the discussion.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:24 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by ats77' post='279782' date='May 9 2006, 09:06 AM
AS HE SAID
Don't scream so much - you're hurting my ears..

Thanks for the help though!

Quick Reply: WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY 18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]