Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY 18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 02:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='208242
Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='207371' date='Dec 5 2005, 03:28 PM
As I will definitely join this meet I don't really care that much about that Dingofling thing. As from what I heard from other people it is just a factory as any other. But anyway:

I just want to mention that I think we should also not forget about some arrangements for the actual E60 meet. I mean some dinner and a place where all the cars can be safe parked and displayed so we can all talk to each other and see each other's cars .... What about that?
So we can all share our experieces, show the mods etc. Some real "BMW club" meet. Not a school trip to a factory
I do not think if we all meet up straight at the factory we will not really be able to talk to each other and see our cars!
Good Point!
Couple of points:

Guys, you're getting ahead of yourselves. I do not want "a school trip to a factory" either, but we have to start somewhere to have a meet. Y'all need to go back and read the original post I started. My intention was to have BMW sponsor a group of E60 owners - us - to a more in-depth factory tour than they normally offer for tourists.

BMW agreed to do that. They agreed to give us special treatment just because we were interested BMW owners. They agreed to maybe have meetings with engineers and seeing some behind the scenes stuff, so no, this is not your typical school trip to a factory tour.

I started the attendance roster and though we have possible a 7 month wait, the response is not what I had anticipated. As I said before BMW will not do much for us unless WE show some kind of interest.

Second point - my intention, also, was once we had a respectable group I'd contact BMW to arrange a tour date.

Once they agree to a date and we are OK with that date, I will look at hotels in the area. The #1 requirement will be for me to know how many people are coming so I can find suitable hotels to handle all of us and our cars. I can't do that unless I know how many people are participating. Once I find suitable hotels I will post the info and YOU will be responsible for your own arrangements.

Now, I want to make this clear once more: I WILL NOT BE YOUR TOUR GUIDE. I have suggested driving to Garmisch and to Bad Toelz after the factory tour as a group and we'll have to find hotels along the way (I'll look at this too). I think a three day/two night trip would be awesome. Arrive one day, spend the night at a hotel by the factory, have the factory tour the next day, go on to Garmisch spend the night and go on to Bad Toelz - return home on the third day. There are many places to stop and hang out along the way. You want to stay longer? Be my guest...

So back to the beginning - once I have a commitment from people and know definitively who, and more importantly, how many people are coming, I can start researching hotels big enough to handle the load - especially the cars but I can tell you security is going to be iffy. We all take chances parking our cars every day.

I do not speak German and relay on the hotel personnel to speak English. Some of you out there - especially, German members, could make some calls and find the hotels that can handle a big group. How big? I won't know until ALL OF YOU out there tell me. You could suggest alternate plans, you could suggest places to visit other than what I've come up with. This is not MY show. This is for all of us. Participate.

I've asked for you guys to PM your real names for the list to BMW and so far I only have three or four responses. At this pace, we may not have anything. I'm not going to BMW unless I have a serious commitment from you forum members

I'd love to do this and I'm really looking forward to meeting you all and having fun together, going to the factory, going to some beautiful areas in southern Germany, but I can't do it all by myself. I'll do what I can and if it doesn't work, so be it.

Regards,

Santiago.
[/quote]

ATS thread:
to clear things up!

Guys and fella' e60ers please DO NOT LET NOT HAPPEN THIS NICE OPPORTUNITY we as you remeber SANTIAGO did hell a lot of job in this.

Some people wanna buy tickets from around the WORLD just to see us and cars, do not let that nice guy and his respectfull job down!!!

All who is signed up THINK and if so want to meet LETS MEET THERE NEXT YEAR! Why we have a forum for e60 if you do not wanna see how it is made.

everybody is curious of seeing how looms are made, wiring and can this-that be done the engineers of BMW woudl answer to all that and we could see what normally nobody else-as this would be a Forums E60 MEETING!!!!!!

as Peter referred correctly: we can meet after or before the tour!!!
So we can also see our cars even for days if we want and Germany is a big country so we have the places to meet.

I AM SURE if this will ever happen (next year) that will be the ONLY and ONE worldwide meet.

SEND YOUR REAL NAMES AND DATAS to him ! thx
ok Peter no offence this is a FAMILY man!

E60 Family we R all equal here ... I guess...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

WTF people. Why do you get so offended at me. Factory tour is one thing and I did not touch that. All I said was lets make further plans about meeting besides factory. It is nice that the facotry tour is planned but the rest needs to be planned as well. I do not think that we would get any far with 25 cars and no plans where to eat and sleep and park.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='208251' date='Dec 7 2005, 12:26 PM
WTF people. Why do you get so offended at me. Factory tour is one thing and I did not touch that. All I said was lets make further plans about meeting besides factory. It is nice that the facotry tour is planned but the rest needs to be planned as well. I do not think that we would get any far with 25 cars and no plans where to eat and sleep and park.
DEAR PETER ahoi ! 1st it was not dedicated to you Bro. I am not against the meeting and seeing our cars I wanna see yours as last time it was dark in Frankfurt,, so do not worry Man!

2nd I got a PM from Santiago and that letter was very sad so yes he is right he works for us besides his work, I did not offended anybody, IF YOU FELT IT WAS AGAINST YOU -APPOLOGY but when we really want this to happen we shall be more fair with him, as he is discussing with BMW AG to organise everything so we shall at least send our names and datas about the meet to help him, he is so modest nice guy and he would never do it that is why I was so but ok cool
Old 12-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Contributors

wattup??? BUMMMPPPP
Old 12-13-2005, 10:56 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='208251' date='Dec 7 2005, 12:26 PM
You guys need to take a chill pill. No one is offended - I'm not.

Also, we need to take this in stages. We can't make all the arrangements up front. I have made it clear from the first message that I'm talking about a three day (at least) get together. That involves meeting outside of the factory, breakfast, lunches and dinners. Read the posts and see the plan.

Let's work together to have a great time. By this weekend I will send BMW a message and see if we can have an idea for a week in the Summer. I feel that once we have a better idea - other than a three month window, that people will be more inclined to make a commitment. If they don't, so be it. It's their loss.

As I see it now, we have enough people for a decent tour. BMW may not consider it a great showing but if we have 30+ cars it will be OK.

Also, once we have a week in mind, I can start looking at hotels that can cater to a big group WITH cars. Stand by. Maybe we can get Nick to make some signs for us for the hotels and all that - We'd PAY for them of course. Also, don't forget to get your decals from lomag. I hope all cars will have the e60 forum decal on it for showtime. We need to display the common thread among us besides a bunch of ugly BMWs..

L8R!
Old 12-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='210763
You guys need to take a chill pill. No one is offended - I'm not.

Also, we need to take this in stages. We can't make all the arrangements up front. I have made it clear from the first message that I'm talking about a three day (at least) get together. That involves meeting outside of the factory, breakfast, lunches and dinners. Read the posts and see the plan.

Let's work together to have a great time. By this weekend I will send BMW a message and see if we can have an idea for a week in the Summer. I feel that once we have a better idea - other than a three month window, that people will be more inclined to make a commitment. If they don't, so be it. It's their loss.

As I see it now, we have enough people for a decent tour. BMW may not consider it a great showing but if we have 30+ cars it will be OK.

Also, once we have a week in mind, I can start looking at hotels that can cater to a big group WITH cars. Stand by. Maybe we can get Nick to make some signs for us for the hotels and all that - We'd PAY for them of course. Also, don't forget to get your decals from lomag. I hope all cars will have the e60 forum decal on it for showtime. We need to display the common thread among us besides a bunch of ugly BMWs..

L8R!
[/quote]

I will offer for free any signs, or anything else I can make, (posters banners etc.) needed for this meeting.

With pleasure.

Nick
Old 12-13-2005, 11:17 PM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='210840' date='Dec 14 2005, 12:05 AM
I will offer for free any signs, or anything else I can make, (posters banners etc.) needed for this meeting.

With pleasure.

Nick
THANKS NICK! But I'm sure we'll compensate you for it somehow - maybe get you some Mousaka and a glass of Samos wine.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='211003

With pleasure.

Nick
THANKS NICK! But I'm sure we'll compensate you for it somehow - maybe get you some Mousaka and a glass of Samos wine.
[/quote]
and Retsina too

Really thx to you and all spec to Santiago that he did not let us down and we will make it a WORLDWIDE meet and many days together and with our cars.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:13 AM
New Members

URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT

I got a great note back from BMW with suggested dates and they even threw a few hotel names and websites. Also a contact name in Munich. But more on that later..

The important thing is they tell me the factory will be closed from July 26 through August 23. No production - no tours. Also, they tell me they prefer a group not larger than 60 folks (two tour groups of 30 people) so the list will have to be cut off if we get to 60 participants - we're up to 45 now. They have offered the following dates:

Monday, July 17th
Tuesday, July 18th
Wednesday, July 19th
Monday, July 24 and
Tuesday, July 25th

The agenda at the Dingolfing Plant could be as follows:

8.30 am Welcome / Multivision Show (Visitors? Pavilion)
8.50-11.00 am Guided Factory Tour in two parties (each 30 pax)
11.00-11.30 am BMW Shop (optional)
11.45 Lunch (Self-Service-Restaurant, invitation of the BMW Group) - NICE TOUCH!
1.00-3.00 pm Additional special interest of the forum participants (but please tell us in advance about your request to check what we can arrange for this enthusiastic group of E60 customers) -

GREAT PART JUST FOR US!!! What they mean is what's the interest, what do we want to talk about, what do we want to discuss so they can have the appropriate engineers/techs etc., on hand for us. This is NOT the schoolboys's tour : - )

I would personally pick Wednesday, July 19th because it allows for travel time, arrive Tuesday, have the tour Wednesday, and have three days PLUS the weekend to do stuff as a group.

ANY of these days is fine by me but this is the URGENT call: I need for everyone who's going, to confirm you're coming AND to fill in the names and all that on the attendance roster. There are a couple of you that have only entered screen-names and that's it. I need to know how many are coming and wether you're bringing your car with you. We've come to the serious part now. This is the part where we commit to BMW for sure.

They've also given me a series of hotels and as soon as we select a day I can start calling to tentatively reserve the space - maybe get a group rate. They've recommended we visit Landshut - a beautiful medieval city and the capital of Bavaria and they have a hotel there big enough for everyone to stay together. This place is 35 KM from the factory, and I'm sure nobody will mind driving a bit to go to the factory. The rest are smaller hotels and I'd rather we all stay at the same hotel - also a larger hotel will have more amenities for those of you bringing children.

I've told them I will get back with them by Wednesday, 21 December with an agreed upon date. If I don't hear from people I will select what I think is the best date and you'll have to live with it. Most of you told me any of these three months would be OK - especially, everyone can do it in July. 535D Sport and Marcusleung have specific times, and I hope these dates meet both of your desires. bobr2001, amigo525 and Ray Hull - you guys have to tell me your preferences - now based on the above dates - and fill out the form.

Last thing - these are the biggest hotels with their websites. The rest of the hotels have like 13 double and 8 single rooms:

Hotel ?MAXIMILIAN?, 24 double / 23 Single; www.garni-maximilian.de

Landgasthof & Hotel ?R?ucherhansl?, 10 km from Dingolfing, 42 double / 8 single www.raeucherhansl.de; info@raeucherhansl.de

Lindner Hotel Kaiserhof Landshut, 35 km from Dingolfing, 147 rooms, www.lindner.de, info.kaiserhof@lindner.de

VERY MUCH LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS. GET BACK TO ME ASAP!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A GREAT, HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

BEST REGARDS, SANTIAGO

URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT -- URGENT
Old 12-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I'm availabe anytime. Me + 1 = 2 persons and E60
my name has been PMed to Santiago.

Thnx for all the effort.

Quick Reply: WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY 18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]