Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY 18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there -

Stephen Gill, Scotland, UK 2004 535d Sport Carbon Black plus 1 passenger (double room reqd for the 18th and 19th)

Thanks again for organising this Santiago! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SG535d' post='214959' date='Dec 23 2005, 06:05 PM
I'll be there -

Stephen Gill, Scotland, UK 2004 535d Sport Carbon Black plus 1 passenger (double room reqd for the 18th and 19th)

Thanks again for organising this Santiago! Merry Christmas!

Maybe all of us going from the UK could travel together (not in the same car may i add. )
Old 12-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 535D Sport' post='214962' date='Dec 23 2005, 06:10 PM
Maybe all of us going from the UK could travel together (not in the same car may i add. )
No problem - although I'll be detouring via the Nurburgring on the way there, and probably the way back as well
Old 12-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SG535d' post='214963' date='Dec 23 2005, 06:14 PM
No problem - although I'll be detouring via the Nurburgring on the way there, and probably the way back as well
Might make a detour via Nurburgring on the way back too. What day are you thinking of ?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Members

I will be there for the meet. Will make hotel reservation when i return from Xmas holiday.

Great idea for the UK travel together + Nurburgring on the way back. I am up for anything before 25/7.

Happy Xmas and happy holiday to you all.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 535D Sport' post='214967
Might make a detour via Nurburgring on the way back too. What day are you thinking of ?
[/quote]
Not fussed - will work with the group consensus. Need to check the ring diary, but its not published yet.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

I'll be there for sure, Marco P. Pockaj, Trieste Italy, one double room.
Merry X-Mass to you Santiago and thank you for the effort organizing the meeting.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:27 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by mppockaj' post='215135' date='Dec 24 2005, 10:14 AM
I'll be there for sure, Marco P. Pockaj, Trieste Italy, one double room.
Marco, this is great. The group is growing, and this meet will become a reality once everyone has made reservations for their rooms.

Now, I want to ensure once more that you all understand I will not make reservations for you. Several of you have responded to me with the type of room you want. I appreciate you letting me know, but you need to tell the hotel. http://www.lindner.de/en/index_html.

Everyone, please log on to the hotel's website and make your own reservations. Once I get word and a BMW Munich tour is possible, I will find hotes and post the info, YOU'LL be responsible for your own arrangements as well.

Once we have the stops arranged (Dingolfing, Munich, Garmisch - or somewhere else), we can decide on the fun times in between.

Feliz Navidad everyone!!!!

Santiago.

PS I will post an updated roster sometime this weekend. And - any more M5s out there? We CAN'T let Bruce be the only one!! He's going to get tired of giving everyone rides...
Old 12-24-2005, 07:16 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by mehall2' post='214947' date='Dec 23 2005, 06:15 PM
Santiago,

Quick question. Looking at Airfares to arrive in Munich. Debating on whether to fly in the 14th, and spend a long weekend before the meet, flying out the 22nd. Or fly on the 17th and flying out the 24th. Spending the long weekend, after the meet.

The question I need answered is do you have a feeling on what activities would be group related after the initial meet and tour? You mentioned BMW Munich Tour on Thursday, with everyone going home on Friday.

This may be a question for the e60'ers from the US. When do you plan on arriving in Germany? I want to spend some time with the group, as well as do some sightseeing on my own, or with those that want to do that. Will be bringing my wife and we will most likely rent an e60, if we decide to rent a car.

Sorry about the rambling. Being that I haven't been to Europe since 4 weeks in 1981, I was 16, I am sure much has changed.

If you can't answer this, that is OK.
Totally up to you. If you come earlier, you may be on your own until everyone else arrives. If you arrive on Tuesday the 18th, and stay over the weekend, you may get hooked up with others who can and will stay beyond Friday. I said the meet ends on Friday, but that's by no means set in stone. If enough people are here and we can continue into the weekend, more power to the group. Some of you want to come up to the Nurburgring - that's a bit of a drive from Southern Bavaria, but it is certainly doable.

After the initial meet and factory tour we can tour the city of Landshut with the hotel-provided guides (pretty cheap) or visit the city on our own, and if there's no chance to visit BMW Munich, we certainly will be doing something else as a group. We want to meet and hang out, we want to drive and we want to show off the rides - there are a lot of possibilities with that... tell you what - I bet this will be the first time ever for the hotel to have a party in the garage

We need more input from the group members. What do you all want to do? I will try to arrange the things I think will be of interest to all and go from there. Any unplanned stuff can certainly be done after Friday, but we'll have difficulty finding rooms for everyone without months-in-advance reservations.

Later!

Santiago
Old 12-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Merry Christmas everyone.

I received a PM today, which I think is a bit bizarre. Firstly, let me sat that I understand the effort required to arrange somehting like thism and therefore appreciate that effort. However, as I'm very busy I don't get to visit E60.net on a daily basis. I also don't check the "meet/greet" forum. I just scan the general discussion forum. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Perhaps a polite PM, which says "in case you haven't seen - response required", would be preferable.

Anyway, I've finished work and looking forward to a nice quiet Xmas break. I wil read through the posts here. The PM didn't say what I *have* to do, so I'm not sure what's required.

I am still interested in coming along. Whilst I can plan to have several days holiday in July, I can't guarantee it. If it means paying for the tour cost (is there a cost? - as I said, I need to read all the posts), then I'm happy to commit to paying, even if it means missing out if I don't get to go. If I need to book a room, I will (I presume I can cancel if I give reasonable notice). I guess I'm about 75% likely to make it along (work comittments that I can't plan for)

I plan on driving my E60 to the factory tour. I plan on a Nordschleife detour, and happy to tag along with others.

At the moment I will be travelling alone (can't take kids, so wife can't come either). So if there's anyone (UK/US/elsewhere) who wants a ride from UK to factory, then passengers are welcome.

If I need to do anything else, a PM (polite), or note here would be appreciated. I'll make the effort to check replies daily fo the next week. If that's not good enough, then I'll have to miss out, but I do want to go.

BTW, my "special interest" is GADGETS. I would like to see anything they can show us on the technology used in the car. Like HUD, SatNav, DVD, new options, etc. If there's anything on offer, that is.

Quick Reply: WORLDWIDE MEETING IN GERMANY 18 - 21 July 2006 [FULL]