Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Thanks for your efforts in all this organisation Pete - you've done well mate considering you're career and country move in the background ! Sorry to hear the initial date didn't work out and I hope Simon gets his tunnel tickets refunded.

OK. I'll throw out a new date - according to my ops roster duties, I see one possibility to attend the full programme : 12-13-14 June. Personally, I like the idea to travel on the Friday and take my time (not! ) getting there.

I see another free weekend (18-19 July) but I finish my ops duty late (2300) on the Friday - making the travel the next day a rushed and possibly a tiring exercise to arrive on time for the main event.

Unfortunately for me, I don't see any other possibilities as staff shortages during summer traffic have the usual effect: few weekends off.

all the best,

andy
Old 04-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by andy545' post='832966' date='Apr 1 2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks for your efforts in all this organisation Pete - you've done well mate considering you're career and country move in the background ! Sorry to hear the initial date didn't work out and I hope Simon gets his tunnel tickets refunded.

OK. I'll throw out a new date - according to my ops roster duties, I see one possibility to attend the full programme : 12-13-14 June. Personally, I like the idea to travel on the Friday and take my time (not! ) getting there.

I see another free weekend (18-19 July) but I finish my ops duty late (2300) on the Friday - making the travel the next day a rushed and possibly a tiring exercise to arrive on time for the main event.

Unfortunately for me, I don't see any other possibilities as staff shortages during summer traffic have the usual effect: few weekends off.

all the best,

andy
Your welcome mate. Its either lots of time organising the Meets or being a Post Whore... and there are enough of those already here

I just checked with the boss... Mrs xBMWx of course... and 12-13-14 June works for us too. I have put it in the calendar already!

To all others--

Does 12-13-14 JUNE work for you too?

For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to attend the full programme.
Some of us are travelling from further away, so we need to plan something around that, but the main event is Saturday. Please do not get put off by the 3 day programme, just come along for whatever part works for you... that also means just for drinks on Friday or Saturday night!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I know its a long way out, but....

Does 12-13-14 JUNE work for you too?

For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to attend the full programme.
Some of us are travelling from further away, so we need to plan something around that, but the main event is Saturday during the day. Please do not get put off by the 3 day programme, just come along for whatever part works for you... that also means just for drinks on Friday or Saturday night!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Contributors

I know this is a long way out at the moment, but some feedback from the regulars or those planning to join us would be appreciated so we can get a feel for whether this date is going to work or not. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530D touring automatic gearbox panoramic sunroof titan-grey metallic black comfort seats navi professional sunshades in rear doors HUD Xenon voice control sports suspension PDC cd-changer Shadow-line Bluetooth Auto-dimming mirrors Dark-wood trim Heated seats

The date works fine for me.

I would like to know what's planned for these 3 days because I like driving with other E60/61's, the eating,drinking,and talking is something we can do every day without having to drive a 1000 km. Driving in convoy on Friday, and leaving on Saturday afternoon would work best for me.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 320d touring' post='845919' date='Apr 13 2009, 09:18 PM
The date works fine for me.

I would like to know what's planned for these 3 days because I like driving with other E60/61's, the eating,drinking,and talking is something we can do every day without having to drive a 1000 km. Driving in convoy on Friday, and leaving on Saturday afternoon would work best for me.

You're right about the driving together thing. We could do this slightly differently than proposed before, to bring more cruising into the Saturday activities. If we stay at a hotel outside of Munich, we could have the first cruise of the day straight away from the hotel to BMW Welt. It could therefore look something like this...

---------------------------
Friday:
Stay at hotel outside Munich. Choose somewhere which will give us a "good cruise" to Munich/BMW Welt the next morning

Saturday:
09:00-10:00 - Breakfast / check-out / meet up to depart
10:00-11:00 - Cruise from hotel to BMW Welt
11:00-12:00 - Meet up with others, check out cars, group picture outside BMW Welt (I believe there is somewhere on the grounds where we could park to do this).
12:00-15:00 - Lunch and visit BMW Welt (we can shorten this stay if we'd rather be out looking at our BMW's!)
15:00-17:00 - Approx 2hr cruise in the region. Plan route to include short stop-offs to re-group / comfort break / quick pics and then carry on cruising
17:00-18:00 - Finish at a location where we can have a drink and then either depart for home or hotel in Munich city
18:00-open end: Check in to hotel and head out into city for meal & drinks

Sunday:
After breakfast, most people will initially be heading "west" from Munich, so we could do another cruise to a location for lunch and then go our separate ways home. Alternatively, we simply head off home straight after breakfast to beat the traffic.
---------------------------

What do you think about this schedule?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530D touring automatic gearbox panoramic sunroof titan-grey metallic black comfort seats navi professional sunshades in rear doors HUD Xenon voice control sports suspension PDC cd-changer Shadow-line Bluetooth Auto-dimming mirrors Dark-wood trim Heated seats

Look like we'll have a mini-meet with 2 cars
Old 04-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 320d touring' post='849345' date='Apr 16 2009, 07:13 PM
Look like we'll have a mini-meet with 2 cars
no no, its always like this a couple of months before the event. Andy is around, you and I, I've PMed a few others who said they should be able to make it but will confirm closer to the time. In all fairness, its quite a bit more ambitious than the previous meets, which have been closer to home and did not involve over-night stays for lots of the attendees. We've had to reschedule previous meets for similar reasons and they worked out just great.

None the less, I'm also keen to get some for feedback. Does the date look ok for others?

p.s. I want to get this date sorted soon, so that I can get a "Scandic" meet and greet set-up... which would probably be almost all Tourings
Old 04-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='849436' date='Apr 16 2009, 08:44 PM
None the less, I'm also keen to get some for feedback. Does the date look ok for others?

p.s. I want to get this date sorted soon, so that I can get a "Scandic" meet and greet set-up... which would probably be almost all Tourings
I'm interested, but have to coordinate with a lot of other things... like all of us I guess. Will let you know closer to the event. Dates look good though.

Might be able to do the Scandic one too if it's the second half of July!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mikael' post='856775' date='Apr 23 2009, 10:24 PM
I'm interested, but have to coordinate with a lot of other things... like all of us I guess. Will let you know closer to the event. Dates look good though.

Might be able to do the Scandic one too if it's the second half of July!

Good stuff. For now it looks like the date will hold. I have planned it in. In a few weeks time I will start getting the momentum again.

As for the Scandic Meet, second half of July looks better for me too, but that calander is filling up quick!

Quick Reply: European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009