Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008 | 09:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by ipp' post='542334' date='Mar 10 2008, 04:57 PM
Mostly because I want to run it in. And also I'd like to see how the 120 with M-Pack and 18" will perfom on the autobahn, the 530 I already know.
That'll be one heck of a way to run it in
Old 03-11-2008 | 05:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='541029' date='Mar 7 2008, 01:28 PM
As an aside / additional plan, Mrs. MacSid and I are going to be making a weekend of it. We're most likely going to book into a hotel in downtown Maastricht for Friday and Saturday nights. We did this for the last BeNeLux meet, and thoroughly enjoyed the sights, cafes and pubs of Maastricht, and are planning on getting more! I'll be happy to co-ordinate numbers, bookings, etc. if any of you are interested in doing the same.

MacSid
Mrs xBMWx will also be joining us and we're going to be staying over on the Saturday night, so we'll sync up with your hotel plans

No doubt other members will also be needed accomodation, especially those travelling from outside the region, so we should try to get people in the same place. I will start a parallel list of those staying over night in Maastricht and we'll take you MacSid up on your kind offer to coordinate the bookings -- thank you!!! (PM me with details you need for reservations)

The attendee list:
1) xBMWx (Germany)
2) Andy545 (Netherlands)
3) nickgre (Greece)
4) hondik (Hungary)
5) BMWMB (Belgium)
6) MacSid (Netherlands)
7) IPP (Sweden)
8) Thyrus (Germany)
9) Doc Horror (Netherlands)
10) Kazimierz (Belgium)

Attendees staying over in a Maastricht hotel:
1) MacSid (Fri. & Sat.)
2) xBMWx (Sat.)
Old 03-11-2008 | 05:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Kazimierz' post='542330' date='Mar 10 2008, 04:54 PM
Hello people, count me in for the meeting, looking forward to see you back again.
Good stuff! Looking forward to seeing you again
Old 03-11-2008 | 07:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='542853' date='Mar 11 2008, 02:39 PM
Mrs xBMWx will also be joining us and we're going to be staying over on the Saturday night, so we'll sync up with your hotel plans

No doubt other members will also be needed accomodation, especially those travelling from outside the region, so we should try to get people in the same place. I will start a parallel list of those staying over night in Maastricht and we'll take you MacSid up on your kind offer to coordinate the bookings -- thank you!!! (PM me with details you need for reservations)

1) MacSid (Fri. & Sat.)
2) xBMWx (Sat.)
No problems at all with this. As with these things though, the sooner we get things nailed down, the better the rates and the closer to town we will be. The last time, the Mrs. and I were in the Amrath Hotel DuCasque which was right on the Old Town square in Maastricht, and not too badly priced. Parking was in a public car park under the Old Town Square, so it was pretty easy to get in, spend an evening in the cafes and pubs and then crawl back to our room The link above is provided by a booking site that I use and shows the rates as of today.
Old 03-11-2008 | 07:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='542883' date='Mar 11 2008, 04:00 PM
No problems at all with this. As with these things though, the sooner we get things nailed down, the better the rates and the closer to town we will be. The last time, the Mrs. and I were in the Amrath Hotel DuCasque which was right on the Old Town square in Maastricht, and not too badly priced. Parking was in a public car park under the Old Town Square, so it was pretty easy to get in, spend an evening in the cafes and pubs and then crawl back to our room The link above is provided by a booking site that I use and shows the rates as of today.

If you didn't make the reservations yet, I can advice hotel Botticelli ( www.botticellihotel.nl ). It's a very nice and reasonable priced hotel. Also up close to het Vrijthof in center of town. I stayed there about 2 months ago.
Old 03-11-2008 | 07:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Doc Horror' post='542885' date='Mar 11 2008, 04:18 PM
If you didn't make the reservations yet, I can advice hotel Botticelli ( www.botticellihotel.nl ). It's a very nice and reasonable priced hotel. Also up close to het Vrijthof in center of town. I stayed there about 2 months ago.
It does look good. I think this should be our first choice as it's still within crawling distance of het Vrijthof. Rooms in the Vrijthof area are disappearing at a rapid rate, though, so we're gonna have to be quick. I'll PM everyone who's travelling...
Old 03-11-2008 | 08:54 AM
Contributors

PMs sent to everyone but Andy and some quick responses already. Thus far, for accommodation, it looks like we have:

1) MacSid + Mrs. MacSid (Fri. & Sat.)
2) xBMWx + Mrs. xBMWx (Sat.)
3) Thyrus (Sat.)
4) Hondik + Mrs. Hondik + Baby (Fri.)

I've reached out to the Amrath Du Casque (see link in a prior post) and an the Boticelli per Doc Horror's recommendation. Rates are not too far off each other, and the Boticelli looks seriously nice at the price. Waiting to hear from them on rates, availability and deals.
Old 03-11-2008 | 10:41 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530d - BMW E92 335i

For me it's impossible to stay on hotel that weekend because the day after we have a family partie. My little nephew is having his first communion...
Old 03-11-2008 | 02:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

MacSid,

You can add two more to the list.
Garehaan confirmed that he will be joining the party.
And a freind (who traded in his E60 545i for a E61 535d which he is getting by the end of this month) also wants to come along.

So the list is almost comparable to the Central Cali Meet....
Old 03-11-2008 | 03:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Please upgrade hondik to Czech Republic - thank you very much

It's about 800Km from Prague ..

Quick Reply: E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008