Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Just signed up after Pete has been bombarding me with "join in mate" emails.

So, I am the colleage with the E90 M Sport - regarding the meet - pencil me in Pete, I will use my best commecialy endevours to make it

Great you E60s allow non-E60 to join in. Although from what I heard I will be one of the "underpowered" BMs - which I am not used to yet

Pete, we should have done this earlier when I still had my M-Roadster!!!! Ah well, I guess you and I will be the pace cars in the back then

Cheers
Patrick
Old 03-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Contributors

Patrick,

like I have been telling Pete, as soon as there is a vacancy in your company, please let me know. Company cars with M-Packet and 19" Winter tires do somehow compensate for the sh!te weather you guys have in the north...

cu rumman
Old 03-10-2008, 03:33 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Thyrus' post='542246' date='Mar 10 2008, 12:11 PM
Hi guys,

Just signed up after Pete has been bombarding me with "join in mate" emails.

So, I am the colleage with the E90 M Sport - regarding the meet - pencil me in Pete, I will use my best commecialy endevours to make it

Great you E60s allow non-E60 to join in. Although from what I heard I will be one of the "underpowered" BMs - which I am not used to yet

Pete, we should have done this earlier when I still had my M-Roadster!!!! Ah well, I guess you and I will be the pace cars in the back then

Cheers
Patrick
Nice one mate -- you're E90 m-sport will fit in just nicely
Old 03-10-2008, 03:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I've updated the list and also put which country we're coming from... I'm impressed, we already have people joining from 8 different countries!!

The attendee list:
1) xBMWx (Germany)
2) Andy545 (Netherlands)
3) nickgre (Greece)
4) hondik (Czech Republic)
5) BMWMB (Belgium)
6) MacSid (Netherlands)
7) IPP (Sweden)
8) Thyrus (Germany)
Old 03-10-2008, 04:25 AM
Members

Pete,

Can you please "upgrade" me to GERMANY again. It is tough enough constantly trying to educate the Austrians here that I am here on "Entwicklungshilfe"

Cheers

PS: I do not have 19" Winter Tires! I would rather be quick and the extra weight of the rims and wheels are somewhat counter-productive If I have 300+HP, then yes
Old 03-10-2008, 04:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Thyrus' post='542256' date='Mar 10 2008, 01:25 PM
Pete,

Can you please "upgrade" me to GERMANY again. It is tough enough constantly trying to educate the Austrians here that I am here on "Entwicklungshilfe"
upgrade complete!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Contributors

Thyrus - we seriously need to do some talking here Either you are full fleshed Austrian, or come 16th June, you will regret having supported the wrong team with Germany
Old 03-10-2008, 05:11 AM
Members

Hehe - not sure how to qualify for "full fleshed" Austrian - IMBHO that would mean I would have to:

1. Start complaining all day about literally everything
2. Forget everything I learned to date
3. Be proud to live in a country that does not produce any decent cars (thats why Pete moved to Germany btw, regardless of what he told you guys
4. Be miserable all day despite the fact that live can be a breeze here
5. Make sure I say "sackerl" instead of "Tuete"
6. Start supporting a team that knows XXX about soccer

Then - no I am not Austrian, but thanks for the invite

BTW - I will be working in the stadium on June 16th

Rgds
P
Old 03-10-2008, 05:24 AM
Contributors

oh my god - you do complain about Austrians like a German, which then again qualifies you to be a German

I was going to add more complaints (since I am a foreigner-austrian, I am allowed to) to the list but then I looked out of my office and see a wonderful day, the beautiful vienna with the stephansdom and kahlenberg, and then i forgot what i was going to write...

A week later, and I could have turned up to the meet with my new car
Old 03-10-2008, 05:30 AM
Members

... and by that (relaxing, enyoing the sun) rather than going into a hour-long discussion about this, you proved you are foreigner-Austrian

Well - I am sure the guys here already tried to talk you into it, but why aren't you showing up at all!??!?

Quick Reply: E60.NET European Meet -- Sat. 26 April 2008