Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1048508' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:08 PM
Now that is definitely the stupidest thing you've ever said. Hahahahaha!
Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1048554' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:27 PM
I'm not going to feed the trolls about this whole hockey debate so I'll just add the following the stay out of it...

All I can say, as I watch the Pens play the Kings right now, is that unless you actually attend an NHL hockey game in person, it's very hard to appreciate the incredible athleticism of the players. Also, I have to agree that once you go to a game and get a feel for the speed, the hits and the level of excitement, go ice skating one time and try to imagine yourself doing what these guys do for an entire game.

If that doesn't work, stick to watching basketball or something...

(In case you haven't figured it out from the above, I feel the same way about basketball as porsche911targa feels about hockey!)

LET'S GO PENS!!
I hear you brother. If Mass. had the 76ers, I'd feel the same way too!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1048584' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:02 AM
I grew up playing ice hockey since I was a baby (my mother was a college figure skater and my father was a college hockey player. For those that know NYC, they met at Wollman Rink in the mid-60's and the deal was sealed. Hahahaha!). I ended up on skates when I was 17 months old, as I was learning to walk. They had custom single blade skates made for me, as they didn't believe in the double blades for children. For them, that was cheating (I'm making my parents sound like Agassi's parents. LOL!). I played very competitive club ice hockey up thru college, traveling all over the country and even to Canada (Cote Saint Luc, baby!).

Aside from being a little biased , I will say this... Everyone learns how to function on 2 feet in their life. That's innate. Now, throw a pair of skates on those feet, while keeping your head up, while stick-handling through opponents, while avoiding getting plowed over by another player, crushing you into the boards at 20mph is another story. I grew up playing competitive Soccer, Tennis and Baseball too. However, ice hockey was my life. It's definitely one of the hardest sports out there. Take off the skates and it falls into the same category as most other sports. Most sports require precise hand-eye coordination, along with good foot work. However, once that footwork changes to ice, you have a whole other dimension to consider. This is where you lose 99% of the athletes from other sports. We've even seen a few athletes play in the NFL and MLB, during their careers (Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, etc.). We've even seen some play for the NBA and try for the MLB . However, we've never seen anyone go from MLB, NFL or the NBA to the NHL.

And as Rudy said, once you attend an NHL game live, your view of the sport will change forever. My wife was never a big hockey fan and never understood. After taking her skating one night and then to a game, that all changed. It's her favorite sport now. The level of excitement is unreal!
C's a hockey fan? Oh crap, I think I'll have to give it up and start looking into that sport they call basketball now... I guess I'll have a bunch more spare time on my hands -- I'll only have to watch the last two minutes of the game since the game is always tied at that point!

Thanks C for helping me to get some valuable time back!

Oh yeah, and GO PENS!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1048607' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:22 AM
Parity huh? 2 teams in the nfl account for 5 of the last 8 super bowls. Steelers have 2 and the Patriots have 3. If it wasnt for the luckiest catch in super bowl history the pats would have 4. In that same time period in the MLB no one has TWO. PARITY THAT.
Seriously - get your facts straight and think about what you type before you click on that button.....

Where do I start?

While the Pats and Steelers were winning SB's over the last 8 years, the Red Sox have won TWO WS and lost a game 7 that had they won, would have gotten them into 2 MORE.

As for the luckiest catch in SB history that cost the Pats a SB, The luckiest instant replay in NFL playoff history helped the Pats get to that first SB they won. We now have the "Tom Brady rule" to remind us of that game.

How many DIFFERENT TEAMS have the Pats and Steelers played in the SB?? How many different teams make the NFL playoffs year over year compared to baseball?? THAT'S PARITY

What do the Pats, Steelers, Lakers, Spurs, and potentially the Penguins and Red Wings have in common? They've won multiple championships while operating within a league defined budget. The fans expect these teams to win championships because of the players they have NOT BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH THEY PAID TO GET THEM. You don't ever hear anyone say these teams bought their championships now, do ya?

And to keep this thread on the right path - Congrats to the Yankees (Again)!!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1048584' date='Nov 6 2009, 06:02 AM
It's definitely one of the hardest sports out there. Take off the skates and it falls into the same category as most other sports. Most sports require precise hand-eye coordination, along with good foot work. However, once that footwork changes to ice, you have a whole other dimension to consider. This is where you lose 99% of the athletes from other sports. We've even seen a few athletes play in the NFL and MLB, during their careers (Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, etc.). We've even seen some play for the NBA and try for the MLB . However, we've never seen anyone go from MLB, NFL or the NBA to the NHL.
Yep, Hockey is the hardest sport.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1048756' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:24 AM
I'll only have to watch the last two minutes of the game since the game is always tied at that point!
Unless, of course, you're watching a Celtics game and by that point you'll see their mascots playing since they're so far ahead of the other team.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by pukka' post='1048765' date='Nov 6 2009, 05:39 AM
Seriously - get your facts straight and think about what you type before you click on that button.....

Where do I start?

While the Pats and Steelers were winning SB's over the last 8 years, the Red Sox have won TWO WS and lost a game 7 that had they won, would have gotten them into 2 MORE.

As for the luckiest catch in SB history that cost the Pats a SB, The luckiest instant replay in NFL playoff history helped the Pats get to that first SB they won. We now have the "Tom Brady rule" to remind us of that game.

How many DIFFERENT TEAMS have the Pats and Steelers played in the SB?? How many different teams make the NFL playoffs year over year compared to baseball?? THAT'S PARITY

What do the Pats, Steelers, Lakers, Spurs, and potentially the Penguins and Red Wings have in common? They've won multiple championships while operating within a league defined budget. The fans expect these teams to win championships because of the players they have NOT BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH THEY PAID TO GET THEM. You don't ever hear anyone say these teams bought their championships now, do ya?

And to keep this thread on the right path - Congrats to the Yankees (Again)!!

These arguments are ridiculous, please see post #17 and do the math yourself. The Yankees (in terms of expenditure on payroll/team value ratio) are actually 12th in MLB. Do they have the highest payroll? Yes. Are they also the most valuable franchise in baseball? Undoubtedly, by nearly $600 Million. ALL baseball teams benefit from the TV contracts, and what was the highest rated WS in recent memory - that's right, the one we just saw. As opposed to the one last year which set RECORD LOWS, because when the Phillies play the Rays - NO ONE CARES!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1048607' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:22 AM
The yankees have had the highest payroll the past 9 years. How many titles do they have? They have 1, the one they just won. Like i said before if its all about payrolls then the yanks and sox would win every year. Do they? Clearly they dont.Parity huh? 2 teams in the nfl account for 5 of the last 8 super bowls. Steelers have 2 and the Patriots have 3. If it wasnt for the luckiest catch in super bowl history the pats would have 4. In that same time period in the MLB no one has TWO. PARITY THAT.

now now now, jealous never looks good, especially on a GAL!!!

while i DESPISE the Yankees, i give them props, because I, just like every other sports fan in the world, WISH that our TEAM would go out and do what they do every year to put themselves in a position to WIN, which is the point.

my beloved Metropolitans have always spent in the top 5, and yet, I cry each and every year since '86 (especially in 2000 ) while im left on the side lines. SO, yes, spending tons MAY get you close, but if you dont have a great team, you aint winning...and we havent

And, you must really get over the Pats, they LOST to the GIANTS, there is no such thing as "IF ONLY" in sports! We ruled the world, beat that crap wanna be undefeated team, thank you, and we go down into the history books for playing and WINNING the best Super Bowl of all times, with the greatest catch in a Super Bowl history.

GIANTS!

now only if our defense would show up again this season...
Old 11-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

LOL! 1986 baby!!! Bill Buckner!!!!

M - Are you coming to the Rally? PM me. We got a good crew going. You need to come.

Originally Posted by m630' post='1048870' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:48 AM
now now now, jealous never looks good, especially on a GAL!!!

while i DESPISE the Yankees, i give them props, because I, just like every other sports fan in the world, WISH that our TEAM would go out and do what they do every year to put themselves in a position to WIN, which is the point.

my beloved Metropolitans have always spent in the top 5, and yet, I cry each and every year since '86 (especially in 2000 ) while im left on the side lines. SO, yes, spending tons MAY get you close, but if you dont have a great team, you aint winning...and we havent

And, you must really get over the Pats, they LOST to the GIANTS, there is no such thing as "IF ONLY" in sports! We ruled the world, beat that crap wanna be undefeated team, thank you, and we go down into the history books for playing and WINNING the best Super Bowl of all times, with the greatest catch in a Super Bowl history.

GIANTS!

now only if our defense would show up again this season...
Old 11-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1048874' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:53 AM
LOL! 1986 baby!!! Bill Buckner!!!!

M - Are you coming to the Rally? PM me. We got a good crew going. You need to come.
I thought you said you don't live in the past and who the hell is Bill Buckner???