Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

US Default Inevitable

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymac
Also, I am tired of these democrat/republican crap. Let's remember that we are all Americans shooting for the same target.

A free, better, financially stable America.

These days, it's not 2 parties. It's 1 party with 2 marketing campaigns.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by m630
where did all that money go I wonder as we all should.
All you had to do was ask: http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/default.aspx

Agreed. I thought that GOP was actually going to try to do something when they got the house, but as Newt rightly pointed out, (though detroyed his campaign) we cant have them voting ideoloy as they did in their rediculous budget, same as we cant allow the Dems to do it. They are two sides of the same coin, all mired in dirt.

Perhaps we need a new Continental Congress formed and we need to redefine our government and structure. Our forefathers were visionary, but I dont believe they ever could have forseen or intended some of the consequences of ye old parchment paper defining, rather, Dictating, how the political system works. Term limits for ALL elected representatives is the first step, as well as banning any lobbying by anyone, there needs to be public approval of any increases in any salaries by our represented officials, not that they vote themselves raises, and give themselves benefits and pensions for life, and the requirement that our representatives cannot take one dime from anyone they ever deal with, with a redefinition of what "public service" means, as it should NOT be defined as how a person becomes enriched off the backs of the american public, which is its current definition.
100% Agree

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Seems that we got a discussion over here.

Today both Moody's and Standard&Poor's warn the US that if the loan deficit limit is not increased
the ratings will go down from AAA. That would cost a lot, a huge lot of $'s!
If the Republican party don't go with Obamas motion, your nation will soon be owned by the Chinese!

Just rise your taxes for the really rich. Who really needs over an 10 million yearly salary?

And don't buy nor sell any houses now. The prices will come down for a couple of years.

But I guess most of you US guys don't see this as a good idea, but in the long run it's the only solution.

I know I've taken huge shortcuts in this writing - to get you going on.
That's the trouble. We have politicians on both sides trying to undermine each other. They care about nothing but political posturing. We should be able to fire politicians at will if certain milestones are not met.

The simplest solution would be term limits, although it could prove disastrous in the last term because they know that they have nothing to lose by making the "tough" decisions.

I'm also in favor of a flat income tax rate and a national sales tax with very few exemptions (maybe those making less than $10K/yr). No more state income tax. The flat tax and national sales tax should cover federal and state funding.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

where did all that money go I wonder as we all should.
All you had to do was ask: http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/default.aspx

Agreed. I thought that GOP was actually going to try to do something when they got the house, but as Newt rightly pointed out, (though detroyed his campaign) we cant have them voting ideoloy as they did in their rediculous budget, same as we cant allow the Dems to do it. They are two sides of the same coin, all mired in dirt.

Perhaps we need a new Continental Congress formed and we need to redefine our government and structure. Our forefathers were visionary, but I dont believe they ever could have forseen or intended some of the consequences of ye old parchment paper defining, rather, Dictating, how the political system works. Term limits for ALL elected representatives is the first step, as well as banning any lobbying by anyone, there needs to be public approval of any increases in any salaries by our represented officials, not that they vote themselves raises, and give themselves benefits and pensions for life, and the requirement that our representatives cannot take one dime from anyone they ever deal with, with a redefinition of what "public service" means, as it should NOT be defined as how a person becomes enriched off the backs of the american public, which is its current definition.
100% Agree

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Seems that we got a discussion over here.

Today both Moody's and Standard&Poor's warn the US that if the loan deficit limit is not increased
the ratings will go down from AAA. That would cost a lot, a huge lot of $'s!
If the Republican party don't go with Obamas motion, your nation will soon be owned by the Chinese!

Just rise your taxes for the really rich. Who really needs over an 10 million yearly salary?

And don't buy nor sell any houses now. The prices will come down for a couple of years.

But I guess most of you US guys don't see this as a good idea, but in the long run it's the only solution.

I know I've taken huge shortcuts in this writing - to get you going on.
That's the trouble. We have politicians on both sides trying to undermine each other. They care about nothing but political posturing. We should be able to fire politicians at will if certain milestones are not met.

The simplest solution would be term limits, although it could prove disastrous in the last term because they know that they have nothing to lose by making the "tough" decisions.

I'm also in favor of a flat income tax rate and a national sales tax with very few exemptions (maybe those making less than $10K/yr). No more state income tax. The flat tax and national sales tax should cover federal and state funding.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The taxation is such a complex legislation that I don't want to get into details, but a progressive income and capital tax is needed also over there (from about 100 k$ and about 5 M$).
And that has nothing to do communisim!