Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: do u agree, disagree w this statement?
true
73.33%
false
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

universal healthcare...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by pjinca
My response to the Iraq Liberation Act wasn't to you, M630 usually writes books in posts and it is truly tiresome to quote.

And if you are going to bring up those that pay no taxes you should also mention those that pay little taxes. It seems fair to me that if you are going to whine about those that pay no taxes not getting to vote then those that pay little should also have less of a voice as well.
Understood on the M630 quote!

And I will disagree with your second point. At least they have some skin in the game. Lower income folks should pay less and higher income folks should pay more, I have never said otherwise.

I will say however, you sound a bit more whiny than me, I am simply trying to have an intelligent discussion about this issue and have never whined about anything.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Understood on the M630 quote!

And I will disagree with your second point. At least they have some skin in the game. Lower income folks should pay less and higher income folks should pay more, I have never said otherwise.

I will say however, you sound a bit more whiny than me, I am simply trying to have an intelligent discussion about this issue and have never whined about anything.
I am curious about who these non-tax payers are. Are they just people of voting age who don't pay taxes, such as college students? Or are they workers of such low income they fall below the income requirements for paying taxes? I say this because it seems that the states highest on the list are also the ones that have the highest % of people living below the poverty level. My apologies for taking your response the wrong way, you're right, let's keep it civil.

Another way to save federal money is to stop all the farm subsidies. Paying farmers not to grow certain crops is ridiculous, especially since some of those farmers are getting paid not to grow crops they couldn't grow if they wanted to.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Why stop there! NY is 32%, Fla is 34%, NC is 34%, Mich is 30%, Tenn is 34%...

http://www.taxfounda.../show/1410.html
Notice I said 'worst offenders' but hell, here is the full honorable mention list (30% or more):

Arizona 33%
California 33%
Florida 34%
Illinois 31%
Indiana 30%
Kansas 31%
Kentucky 33%
Michigan 30%
Missouri 31%
Nebraska 31%
New York 32%
North Carolina 34%
North Dakota 30%
Oregon 31%
Pennsylvania 30%
South Dakota 34%
Tennessee 34%
West Virgina 34%
Wyoming 30%
Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Alright no pissing matches, or whiny name calling there's plenty of threads for those, my point of this thread was to keep it simple for those (like myself) that are trying to understand this
Old 03-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Contributors

I am curious about who these non-tax payers are. Are they just people of voting age who don't pay taxes, such as college students? Or are they workers of such low income they fall below the income requirements for paying taxes? I say this because it seems that the states highest on the list are also the ones that have the highest % of people living below the poverty level. My apologies for taking your response the wrong way, you're right, let's keep it civil.

Another way to save federal money is to stop all the farm subsidies. Paying farmers not to grow certain crops is ridiculous, especially since some of those farmers are getting paid not to grow crops they couldn't grow if they wanted to.
Good question! I'm sure most have low enough incomes that they simply fall below the income requirement for paying taxes.

And a big +1 on the farm subsidies!!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint

I am curious about who these non-tax payers are. Are they just people of voting age who don't pay taxes, such as college students? Or are they workers of such low income they fall below the income requirements for paying taxes?
drug dealers as well, they're are alot of em
Old 03-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Contributors

So 1/3 on ave don't pay taxes what does that mean in the grand scheme? And 3x percent of Cali Is alot more folks than 3x percent of north Dakota
Old 03-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skelevirus
drug dealers as well, they're are alot of em
Old 03-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Good question! I'm sure most have low enough incomes that they simply fall below the income requirement for paying taxes.

And a big +1 on the farm subsidies!!
Speaking of constructive ideas, what did you think of this one?
https://5series.net/forums/topic/959...st__p__1137710
Old 03-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by skelevirus
So 1/3 on ave don't pay taxes what does that mean in the grand scheme? And 3x percent of Cali Is alot more folks than 3x percent of north Dakota

Most definitely 30% of NY or Cali is way more than 30% of most of the sates on the list. The question is: do we base voting power on taxes paid? By what formula? Because then millionaires would have less voting power than we do. And the most poor would have effectively none. As a guess I'dd say that system would just widen the chasm between the haves and have nots.

Quick Reply: universal healthcare...