Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: do u agree, disagree w this statement?
true
73.33%
false
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

universal healthcare...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Well what the hell! All that seems frickin pretty awesome!! Umm I didn't see anything I didn't think was fair, in fact most of it was compassionate common sense. AWG care to chime in? Kroz, where u at? Let's here from the cynics!! And the lurkers... Swahili caught u lurkin yesterday... Let's here some voices..
It seems fair becuase it is straight from Polosi's office! Seriously, the issue is not the ideals being put forth, it is the government control. I have zero faith in the potential costs and savings laid out by the politicians. It will become nothing more than another bloated governmental agency which will have to funded.

When more than 43% of the population pays no taxes but can vote to increase my taxes, I view that system as broken. They have no skin in the game and voting for more taxes (healthcare or otherwise) has no impact on them...
Old 03-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by kscarrol
It seems fair becuase it is straight from Polosi's office! Seriously, the issue is not the ideals being put forth, it is the government control. I have zero faith in the potential costs and savings laid out by the politicians. It will become nothing more than another bloated governmental agency which will have to funded.

When more than 43% of the population pays no taxes but can vote to increase my taxes, I view that system as broken. They have no skin in the game and voting for more taxes (healthcare or otherwise) has no impact on them...
Alright I can see that for sure, that is an excellent point, if u don't pay taxes u don't get to vote. Reminds me of starship troopers, the difference between a citizen and a civillian
Old 03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

While I can agree that those that don't pay taxes shouldn't hae as much say in how they are spent (through voting), I also therefore cannot agree with those millionaires paying less than 10% in taxes when I am getting popped for nearly 40%.

Currently, as I previously stated, we are in a "wait and see" mode o the new bill. Just because you oppose something doesn't make you right.

Also, as I recall, the Iraq Liberation Act was cited, however, the reasons for invading Iraq were still falsehoods and scare tactics - meaning the weapons of mass destruction ominously aimed at us, which they knew was BS at the time.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

So true, and here are the worst offenders by state (35% or more 2006 numbers):

Alabama 38%
Arkansas 38%
Georgia 36%
Idaho 35%
Louisiana 40%
Mississippi 43%
Montana 36%
New Mexico 38%
Oklahoma 36%
South Carolina 36%
Texas 37%
Utah 35%
Old 03-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill

Alabama 38%
Arkansas 38%
Georgia 36%
Idaho 35%
Louisiana 40%
Mississippi 43%
Montana 36%
New Mexico 38%
Oklahoma 36%
South Carolina 36%
Texas 37%
Utah 35%

Hmm, then where ever would the conservative right get their voters from?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill

Alabama 38%
Arkansas 38%
Georgia 36%
Idaho 35%
Louisiana 40%
Mississippi 43%
Montana 36%
New Mexico 38%
Oklahoma 36%
South Carolina 36%
Texas 37%
Utah 35%

Why stop there! NY is 32%, Fla is 34%, NC is 34%, Mich is 30%, Tenn is 34%...

http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/1410.html
Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Why stop there! NY is 32%, Fla is 34%, NC is 34%, Mich is 30%, Tenn is 34%...

http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/1410.html
Um he did mention he stopped at 35%, also Florida and Tenn are also conservative strongholds are they not?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
While I can agree that those that don't pay taxes shouldn't hae as much say in how they are spent (through voting), I also therefore cannot agree with those millionaires paying less than 10% in taxes when I am getting popped for nearly 40%.

Currently, as I previously stated, we are in a "wait and see" mode o the new bill. Just because you oppose something doesn't make you right.

Also, as I recall, the Iraq Liberation Act was cited, however, the reasons for invading Iraq were still falsehoods and scare tactics - meaning the weapons of mass destruction ominously aimed at us, which they knew was BS at the time.
I made no defense of millionaires paying 10%, stick to my talking points please.

Just opposing it doesn't make me right, being a supporter makes you no more right than me...

Again, if you are going to rebutt my points, stick to my points. I made no mention of the Iraq Liberation Act. Only you did...
Old 03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Um he did mention he stopped at 35%, also Florida and Tenn are also conservative strongholds are they not?
Correct, but look at the list. There are plenty of liberal states well above 30%... My point was by stopping at 35%, Phil getting exactly the response he got from you while ignoring the rest of the list. Hell, even good old CA is 33%...
Old 03-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Contributors

I made no defense of millionaires paying 10%, stick to my talking points please.

Just opposing it doesn't make me right, being a supporter makes you no more right than me...

Again, if you are going to rebutt my points, stick to my points. I made no mention of the Iraq Liberation Act. Only you did...

My response to the Iraq Liberation Act wasn't to you, M630 usually writes books in posts and it is truly tiresome to quote.

And if you are going to bring up those that pay no taxes you should also mention those that pay little taxes. It seems fair to me that if you are going to whine about those that pay no taxes not getting to vote then those that pay little should also have less of a voice as well.

Quick Reply: universal healthcare...