Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Started p90x

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im telling you guys call maxmuscle in lincoln nebraska. talk to steve. he will take care of you and ship orders out for free. tell him Brettie sent you (im his brothers girlfriend) for you hardcore guys using gnc products im willing to bet anything that he will reeducate you on products that work....his boss used to own a GNC before moving to Max Muscle. He now has 4 different stores around the lincoln and omaha area. Give it a shot...if someone does, report back here.

Max Muscle products > GNC
Old 02-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 08' 550i

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
Plyo always kicks my ass, but I stick in there just for the Sports Bonus lol

I like the fact that BB.com has a 'live chat with an expert' feature. Whenever I'm stuck and/or unable to find some pro's, I hop online, and the BB staff is always there to offer tips and tricks (as well as the mandatory product pitch lol)
no need for live chat...just hop on the forum(thrs tons of info)...everybody will be a Dboy for Controlled labs but let me tell u upfront that shyt seriously works...
Old 02-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
im telling you guys call maxmuscle in lincoln nebraska. talk to steve. he will take care of you and ship orders out for free. tell him Brettie sent you (im his brothers girlfriend) for you hardcore guys using gnc products im willing to bet anything that he will reeducate you on products that work....his boss used to own a GNC before moving to Max Muscle. He now has 4 different stores around the lincoln and omaha area. Give it a shot...if someone does, report back here.

Max Muscle products > GNC
While I have no doubt that Max Muscle is better then GNC, The Tampa market has some incredibly educated people working here. Since I consider myself to be more education in sports nutrition than most people, I would be more interested in ordering my stuff without having to listen to someone tell me what is best. Everyone's body is different, and the true athletes will learn the science of diet and exercise as it pertains to them and nobody else.

Personally I like supplement warehouse as they are the cheapest you can find. if it isn't, they will price match and throw in a 5% discount on top of that. That said, I usually wait until the last minute and spend a fortune at GNC because it is close and convenient. Luckily the central and south florida markets offer the gold card 20% off all month long. In addition, there is no sales tax on nutritional supplements in florida. After all, it is florida and we have to look good.

I knew someone who also swore by max muscle, said they were extremely helpful and prices were good. It would probably work for 90% of the guys who hit the gym with goals but have no clue what they are doing. The other 10% of us educate ourselves, train, adjust fire, reeducate, train, adjust fire, reeducate, train. Then analyze physique, reassess goals, and do it again.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
While I have no doubt that Max Muscle is better then GNC, The Tampa market has some incredibly educated people working here. Since I consider myself to be more education in sports nutrition than most people, I would be more interested in ordering my stuff without having to listen to someone tell me what is best. Everyone's body is different, and the true athletes will learn the science of diet and exercise as it pertains to them and nobody else.

Personally I like supplement warehouse as they are the cheapest you can find. if it isn't, they will price match and throw in a 5% discount on top of that. That said, I usually wait until the last minute and spend a fortune at GNC because it is close and convenient. Luckily the central and south florida markets offer the gold card 20% off all month long. In addition, there is no sales tax on nutritional supplements in florida. After all, it is florida and we have to look good.

I knew someone who also swore by max muscle, said they were extremely helpful and prices were good. It would probably work for 90% of the guys who hit the gym with goals but have no clue what they are doing. The other 10% of us educate ourselves, train, adjust fire, reeducate, train, adjust fire, reeducate, train. Then analyze physique, reassess goals, and do it again.
Its good that you are informed when it comes to supplements. A lot of suckers get taken because they walk in and say i want to be huge like you...i want everything. As far as being educated in the field, he has multiple certifications and basically runs the top max muscle in the country. He is also the top sales person in the country. He is extremely passionate and can tell you things i cant even began to understand on why GNC products are less effective then some of the stuff they carry. Just like in cars and in life, you get what you pay for
Old 02-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

"i want to be huge like you" ..... does that ever work? lol
Old 02-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
"i want to be huge like you" ..... does that ever work? lol
Lol its mostly frat rats coming in with their popped collars, and a spray tan as fresh as mine.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Contributors

Its good that you are informed when it comes to supplements. A lot of suckers get taken because they walk in and say i want to be huge like you...i want everything. As far as being educated in the field, he has multiple certifications and basically runs the top max muscle in the country. He is also the top sales person in the country. He is extremely passionate and can tell you things i cant even began to understand on why GNC products are less effective then some of the stuff they carry. Just like in cars and in life, you get what you pay for
GNC makes a good line of products without the gimmick and mark-up. While I don't really use GNC line products aside from protein and BCAAs, I have a good feeling the max muscle guy would say it is a good product. Is it the best? no, that is why I only use it for those two things. If I ever walked in somewhere and they downright shit on a product that I have used and works, I would walk out of that store in an instant. besides, most people that work at those kind of stores would rather look like me, not the other way around.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Contributors

Lol its mostly frat rats coming in with their popped collars, and a spray tan as fresh as mine.
My spray tan isn't fresh. it is 6 days old. No I am not jersey shore style. most people dont even know it is a spray tan.

ive been down this road... here come calvin and mel to pick on me again. I stopped for the longest time. I started it when i started the gym again.

why do i even open my mouth!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

dammit, you guys are making me feel bad that I've gained like 50 pounds in the last year
Old 02-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by v_therussian
dammit, you guys are making me feel bad that I've gained like 50 pounds in the last year
you need to tell me your secret! im 6'1 like the OP but 175 lbs and i feel skinny AS HELL! i want to gain wait before i hit the gym to convert it to muscle... or should i just hit the gym anyways? im into heavy lifting and its the only type of workout i would do... i cant gain weight to save my life...

Quick Reply: Started p90x