Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Started p90x

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Originally Posted by zen68
Ron,

Have your heard of P90X Plus? It's the next level after P90X.

I'm going back to lifting heavy now but will try P90X Plus at some point.
Yup.

For now, I'm only using Kenpo Cardio Plus as a sub for my regular Kenpo's, and it really helps liven up days 6 & 7 of the program. That "stretch option" stuff really gets to me, but I understand how recovery is important..

I think for my next round (third round) I'll go P90X plus. I definitely like that the workouts are shorter & more intense. P90X itself is great as a foundation, not as a weight-loss plan lol
Old 02-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Originally Posted by craigm1841
SuperPump250 is a pre-workout Nitric Oxide supplement with a lot of caffine, meant to provide you with mental focus, killer pumps, great vascularity, all while getting a high level of NO in your blood.

Syntha-6 is a protein, a slow digesting, very tasty protein at that. Syntha-6 is one of BSNs very good protein shakes, but nothing more. BSN has a product in their line called "NO Explode" which is their pre workout NO formula closely compared to SuperPump250.
Thanks Craig.

My mistake, I meant "N.O. Xplode".
Old 02-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by zen68
Thanks Craig.

My mistake, I meant "N.O. Xplode".
I figured it was a typo. I agree, SuperPump is better then NOexplode, HANDS DOWN!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Senior Members

Hey guys,

I got also the P90X program but haven't started it yet. Will do so soon enough after i prepare myself in advance.

Also i've seen that there are some really big doping guys here. I personally haven't taken anything out of the ordinary, except L-Carnitine and L-Arginine. Need to shave some weight as i have plenty of muscle mass already. Thinking of taking some BCAAs but i dunno if it's too much.

Anyway i attached a PDF with the most usual amino acids and other stuff, with useful description and doses (nothing new to the hardcore guys)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
amino.pdf (1.13 MB, 71 views)
Old 02-15-2010, 05:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay
Hey guys,

I got also the P90X program but haven't started it yet. Will do so soon enough after i prepare myself in advance.

Also i've seen that there are some really big doping guys here. I personally haven't taken anything out of the ordinary, except L-Carnitine and L-Arginine. Need to shave some weight as i have plenty of muscle mass already. Thinking of taking some BCAAs but i dunno if it's too much.

Anyway i attached a PDF with the most usual amino acids and other stuff, with useful description and doses (nothing new to the hardcore guys)

Give the fitness test a try, and see what happens!

Not into doping, just healthy living.. keep the T-Bombs away!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Originally Posted by craigm1841
I figured it was a typo. I agree, SuperPump is better then NOexplode, HANDS DOWN!
Monster Pump is also awesome!

IMO, P90X is a great workout program if you want to get leaner especially the Ab Ripper X is a great core / abs routine. I used to have a weak core and after doing the ab ripper for a few weeks made a huge difference. Although, the program won't give you the size though. You'll need a hardcore weight training routine to gain size and maintain a well balanced diet and supplements. GL on your program. You're on a very good jump start.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

if youre 6'1", 165lbs thats pretty lean to begin with. concetrate on packing protein and lifting heavy.

how minutes per day is this P90X thing anyway?
Old 02-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pipper
if youre 6'1", 165lbs thats pretty lean to begin with. concetrate on packing protein and lifting heavy.

how minutes per day is this P90X thing anyway?

The resistance workouts are about 60 minutes each + 17 minutes of extreme core work (ab ripper X).. Resistance days are days 1-3-5

The cardio workouts are about the same, 60 minutes.. Days 2 & 6

Yoga is about 90 mins.. Day 4

P90X works through 3-phases, so he'll mix up these workouts, but the lengths stay the same.

(This is based on a "standard" routine.. there are also two-a-days as well as a "lean" routine, but the math should be simple)

The P90X PLUS program is considerably more intense, but the workouts last for about 40-45 minutes, but the core portion is ~ 20 minutes. Tony describes P90X as "good for technique, stances, etc" and says P90X plus is "taking what you've learned, and bringing it to another level." He ain't lyin'!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 08' 550i

This is what i ordered last time from bodybuilding.com the total $ was around $200...i don't like GNC because they act like assholes and think they know everything and push stuff on you which they can't sell (from my experience)..bodybuilding.com stuff is alot cheaper as well...

Controlled Labs White Flood, 50 Servings, Electric Lemonade (Pre-workout..crazy energy..NO CRASH later, Combine it with Controlled Labs Green Magnitude)
Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude, 40 Servings, Sour Green Apple ( Creatine)
Optimum Fish Oil, 200 Softgels
Optimum Opti-Men, 180 Tablets
Optimum 100% Casein Protein, 2 Lbs., Chocolate Supreme (before bed)
Athletic Edge Nutrition IntrAbolic, 1.1 Lbs., Wild Berry Punch (USE THIS DURING WORKOUT)
Optimum 100% Whey Protein, 5 Lbs., Double Rich Chocolate

i used to like N.O explode but u build up a tolerance and it has a horrible crash...

F...GNC
Old 02-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

Plyo always kicks my ass, but I stick in there just for the Sports Bonus lol

Originally Posted by fabolous531
i don't like GNC because they act like assholes and think they know everything and push stuff on you which they can't sell (from my experience)..bodybuilding.com stuff is alot cheaper as well...
I like the fact that BB.com has a 'live chat with an expert' feature. Whenever I'm stuck and/or unable to find some pro's, I hop online, and the BB staff is always there to offer tips and tricks (as well as the mandatory product pitch lol)

Quick Reply: Started p90x