Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Started p90x

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

So I wanted to make a change to get more exercise, and decided to start p90x. Today was my first day. My ass was kicked but I feel great afterwards. I'm not overweight at all, I just wanted to get more ripped and in shape. I really want to stick with it for 90 days and see where I am. Curious if anyone else has tried it and if they had any experiences?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Contributors

good luck and remember, your body is made in the kitchen and not in the gym. How defined or bulky you want to look is made in the gym,
Old 02-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

http://www.amiripped.com/

click the original story. arbel is my friend.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Nice link acute!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Hang in there Phil! You're gonna love it.

BTW where did you get the P90X? I remember someone had post on here, they can make a copy or smth - was that you? If yes, may I? I'm about 230lbs now, normal weight should be about 200 with lots of muscle and 175 skinny, so you see...

oh and +1 on E's statement - all comes from the kitchen, dude. Trust me - I learned the hard way hahaha
Old 02-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by tex_phil
So I wanted to make a change to get more exercise, and decided to start p90x. Today was my first day. My ass was kicked but I feel great afterwards. I'm not overweight at all, I just wanted to get more ripped and in shape. I really want to stick with it for 90 days and see where I am. Curious if anyone else has tried it and if they had any experiences?
I know a guy at work who tried P90. I understand that early on, on a day when he did the workout, he simply "passed out"! The guy was going about his day and woke up on the floor! This program is not for those who are out of shape!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Contributors

In the middle of it I felt very dehydrated. I need to drink more water. I can see people passing out from the first couple of days who aren't used to it, it isn't easy by any means. That wasn't me about the copy. It would take weeks to transfer its like 40GB total. 8 dvds. I weigh about 165 I'm 6'1.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Phil,

I've finished P90X last year and highly recommend it (took me a bit longer than 90 days because of work/vacation). If you think the first day is tough, wait until you try Plyometrics. It's the toughest exercise in my opinion. Also take it easy with "Ab Ripper X", you won't be able to perform all the exercise if you're a newbie.

By the way, diet is CRITICAL for your success. Throw away all the soft drink/soda and only stick with water or fat-free milk. You don't have to follow exactly their nutrition book as long as you maintain the correct portion (for the first phase, you need 50% carb, 40% protein and 10% fat). Don't buy any of their supplements (recovery drinks, energy bars ...), they're waste of money.

PM me if you have any questions.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

good luck man, p90x is awesome!

i've gone through it and the last phase is crazy!
plyometrics is nuts.
i thought yoga would be easy, it aint! i forgot its p90x yoga lol

His concepts about muscle confusion is rite on.
i'm thinkin bout going through it again in the summer.

anyways good luck!
Old 02-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Contributors

90% of losing weight is what you put in your face. Great workouts are good but dont matter if your stuffing your face with garbage all day. When i really get to a diet one of the biggest things i need is a meal replacement shake. Instead of snaking i drink 2 meal replacement shakes. One between breakfast and lunch, and the other after dinner around 8 or 9 depending on when i play to goto bed. Eating 5-6 small meals is extremely important when trying to shed pounds/fat. Eating frequently speeds up your metabolism. As far as meal replacement shakes i would recommend max muscle. Max Muscle - Nebraska - ships orders for free.

Quick Reply: Started p90x