Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Started p90x

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

damn my personal trainer told me i need to just eat as much crap as i can and to start shoving hamburgers down my throat.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
damn my personal trainer told me i need to just eat as much crap as i can and to start shoving hamburgers down my throat.
U must be a hardgainer
Old 02-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

so is this the before pic

Old 02-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
good luck and remember, your body is made in the kitchen and not in the gym. How defined or bulky you want to look is made in the gym,
This is the best thing I have heard all day... Because it is true.

I have seen both sides of it. I used to weigh 270 in highschool. I had to lose 60 lbs to join the Army. I Battled weight a bit while I was in until I changed my lifestyle.

Now I am out of the Army and recently got back into lifting heavy. My diet and workouts are spot on, based off of 10+ years of trying different things, studying health and nutrition, Taking sports medicine classes, studying for personal training certs, but most importantly having an extreme understanding of how my body works which allows me to cater my diet to metabolism, when and how to consume certian protiens/certian carbs, how and when to consume each and every suppliment (which is probably about 8 or more different things right now). Early Jan I got back in the gym, Started supplimenting like CRAZY and stuffing my face with a SUPER CLEAN Diet. My workouts are killer, and I am seeing results like crazy. A friend thought I was taking steriods. I am starting to throw around significant weight at the gym again very quickly.

Diet, Suppliment, Dedication will get you to your desired results! Good luck phil.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Hey guys,

I'm currently on my 2nd round of P90X (started 1-Jan-2010).

I already completed the program once, back when I first heard about it a year ago. WOW is this thing an ass-kicker! I love it.

A friend of mine had tried it and just couldn't stop talking about the damn thing. I decided to give it a shot, and was aching and burning for weeks and weeks.

So far, the results have been absolutely incredible. I don't have any of my weight/size stats with me (I'm at the office), but it was a serious shift back into a healthy lifestyle.. considering I hadn't done any real training since my days playing high school football. Belly fat decreased, leg definition through the roof, good upper body/arm definition (could have used bigger weights)...

Anyway, lately, I've actually started to incorporate some of the P90X plus workouts into my regular routine (for an extra little kick) and really like the healthy routine that I've been getting back into.

I also take a GNC brand whey iso protein recovery drink post-workout, and one before bed (about 250ml per serving..2 scoops..1g of fat & 50g of protein).

I'm here to talk! and we're all here to help eachother through this!!

(don't forget to call-out your soups!)
Old 02-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Contributors

^^^
I love nutrition, We could start a nutrition sub-forum.

FYI, you might want to try another GNC brand protien post-workout, as what you are taking is better for pre-workout. The slow-digesting protiens are good before hand, but when you are wiped out and starved for protien, you want to try something called "Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60" from their AMP (Advanced Muscle Performance) line, or similar. It is a fast absorbing whey which you need when your body is craving protiens to begin recovery/rebuilding.

GNC makes some fine products at a fair price. The amp line is quite a bit more. I would also reccomend a BCAA pre-workout.

If anyone else is interested, for the enthusiasts out there, here is my stack:

Upon waking:
MHP T-Bomb II (1x serving)
GNC Mega Men Sport (1x serving)
BSN Syntha-6 (2x servings)

1 hr before workout:
BSN Syntha-6 (2x servings)

Pre Workout: (Taken with cranberry or grape juice to facilitate transport)
Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump250 (2x Servings)
Gaspari Nutrition Halydrol liqui-gels (3x servings)
BSN Nitrix (1x Serving)
Nutri-Shop Kre-Alkaline (1x serving)
GNC AMP Branch Chain Amino Acid (2x sevings)

Post Workout:
Nutri-Shop Kre-Alkaline (1x serving)
GNC AMP Wheyabolic extreme-60 (2x servings)

Before bed:
MHP T-Bomb II
GNC AMP Wheyabolic extreme-60 (2x servings)

I'll probably be dead at the age of 30, but at least i'll need a V-shaped coffin.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

GNC was great because their staff were the most open and talkative I've ever seen. The guy I was talking to was really well-informed and suggested it as a simple option.

I'll definitely try your recommendation on the AMP stuff.

Your stack is not too bad, at least you'll live past 2012 or whatever lol

I used to take the Mega Men Sport multivitamins, but ran-out.. Gaspari also has really good products from what I hear.. eeveryone talks about Syntha-6, but like I said, just want to keep it simple.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

I'm a big fan of Gaspari MyoFusion (protein). The mint chocolate flavor is very tasty

Also try SuperPump250, I like it much better than "N.O. Explode".
Old 02-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
Hey guys,

I'm currently on my 2nd round of P90X (started 1-Jan-2010).

I already completed the program once, back when I first heard about it a year ago. WOW is this thing an ass-kicker! I love it.

A friend of mine had tried it and just couldn't stop talking about the damn thing. I decided to give it a shot, and was aching and burning for weeks and weeks.

So far, the results have been absolutely incredible. I don't have any of my weight/size stats with me (I'm at the office), but it was a serious shift back into a healthy lifestyle.. considering I hadn't done any real training since my days playing high school football. Belly fat decreased, leg definition through the roof, good upper body/arm definition (could have used bigger weights)...

Anyway, lately, I've actually started to incorporate some of the P90X plus workouts into my regular routine (for an extra little kick) and really like the healthy routine that I've been getting back into.

I also take a GNC brand whey iso protein recovery drink post-workout, and one before bed (about 250ml per serving..2 scoops..1g of fat & 50g of protein).

I'm here to talk! and we're all here to help eachother through this!!

(don't forget to call-out your soups!)
Ron,

Have your heard of P90X Plus? It's the next level after P90X.

I'm going back to lifting heavy now but will try P90X Plus at some point.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by zen68
Also try SuperPump250, I like it much better than Syntha-6.
SuperPump250 is a pre-workout Nitric Oxide supplement with a lot of caffine, meant to provide you with mental focus, killer pumps, great vascularity, all while getting a high level of NO in your blood.

Syntha-6 is a protein, a slow digesting, very tasty protein at that. Syntha-6 is one of BSNs very good protein shakes, but nothing more. BSN has a product in their line called "NO Explode" which is their pre workout NO formula closely compared to SuperPump250.

Quick Reply: Started p90x