Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Parents and Discipline.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by v_therussian
One word: Music.
Now that's good therapy! Haha
Old 02-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by skelevirus
ya from what ive read and heard, russians dont f*ck around! a baller will go and pay 15 million for a house in cash on the spot! its like america in the 20's
You know that phrase "how the West was won"? I lived there during the period in Russian history, when thugs took over all the major industries in the country - oil, caviar, wood, metals, diamonds, etc etc. I watched with my own eyes a LOT of sh!t - I could probably write a book or two! Without going too much into detail, I can tell you that I've met some of the most dangerous people who ran St Petersburg in the 1990's. I've seen people disappear, like they were nothing, mothers weeping, kids... the whole thing. When I got on that plane, I made myself a promise to be "good" from then on.

But you know, all those "ballers" buying 20 mil houses for cash - all that cash is gotten by sacrificing the blood and lives of his people. There aren't - and neither could there be - any fountainhead types succeeding there. Maybe now it is totally different - people tell me it is often more civilized than NYC there now. But back in the 1990's - it was something else.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Contributors

good. glad the tone went from "craig is a douchebag for disrespecting a parent" to "we are here for you" haha. truth is, it is a touchy subject, but I learned a lot from my parents. I will be a great parent and I can't wait to have children of my own.

by the way, i am not so douchey around here. you should come over to citydata forums and into the tampa subforum. i am fighting with people because i said i hope panhandlers get hit by a truck. i am worse over there... the mods have been deleting my posts pretty quickly there.

5series forums gets the smaller part of my wrath. i have been pretty mean the past few days. i have said F**K you in at least 3 threads.!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
good. glad the tone went from "craig is a douchebag for disrespecting a parent" to "we are here for you" haha. truth is, it is a touchy subject, but I learned a lot from my parents. I will be a great parent and I can't wait to have children of my own.

by the way, i am not so douchey around here. you should come over to citydata forums and into the tampa subforum. i am fighting with people because i said i hope panhandlers get hit by a truck. i am worse over there... the mods have been deleting my posts pretty quickly there.

5series forums gets the smaller part of my wrath. i have been pretty mean the past few days. i have said F**K you in at least 3 threads.!
One more * and I'll report you here too hahahaha
Old 02-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Damn from snacking kids with a flip-flop to deep stories of the past

Old 02-19-2010, 03:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Damn from snacking kids with a flip-flop to deep stories of the past

Think we (or I ) got carried away a bit here, M? hahaha
Old 02-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

i wonder if we have any psychologist's on this forum... im sure there has to be a few..lol.. seems like we all could use a little.. i think everyones been through something fu%&ed up and traumatic in their life, but its all how you handle yourself, process it, and most important=grow up.. if we all listed our drama and unfortunate "incidents" on this thread i think no-one would speak to each other for a while..lol.. no judgements here fellas..
Old 02-19-2010, 05:32 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Think we (or I ) got carried away a bit here, M? hahaha
Snacking kids or smacking kids...same thing...both are frowned upon in today's society
Old 02-19-2010, 05:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel
i wonder if we have any psychologist's on this forum... im sure there has to be a few..lol.. seems like we all could use a little.. i think everyones been through something fu%&ed up and traumatic in their life, but its all how you handle yourself, process it, and most important=grow up.. if we all listed our drama and unfortunate "incidents" on this thread i think no-one would speak to each other for a while..lol.. no judgements here fellas..
Hahahaha very true

But honestly...more psychologists are pretty messed up themselves...that's why they become psychologists....and they have a pretty high suicide rate...

If you have a strong bond with your family, they are the best people to turn to..... If you don't, as it seems many in this thread don't lol....a really tight friend...
Old 02-19-2010, 06:12 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Craig there is a BIG difference between being beaten for 10 yrs and discipline. Some people have a real problem controlling themselves. That doesn't change the fact that FAR too many people use getting beaten when they were young as an pathetic excuse for their current behavior. Hello, my mom used to hit me with anything within reach - belts, shoes, hangers (wooden and wire), even got hit a few times with the cord to the headhpones of the stereo (remember the ones with the big ass plug at the end? yeah that thing friggin hurt, welted up pretty bad too) but I, and you guys here, are not criminals. Hmm, guess that blows that theory out of the water. I would never do those things to my kids, but discipline is a different story.

Quick Reply: Parents and Discipline.