Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

PACQUIAO VS COTTO

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e36 318i manual convertible top, 5 speed manual, calypso red/black soft top, cassette am/fm radio, heated sand leatherette seats, michelin mxv4 allseason tires (100% stock) e60 545i sport package, 6 speed manual, sapphire black, 18" 124 wheels bridgestone runflats (summer) 17" rial salerno dunlop runflats (winter) navigation, satelite radio, winter package, PDC, sunshades, wood trim, dakota leather seats (100% stock)

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1056463' date='Nov 17 2009, 01:08 AM
That's your speculation as to what he murmured into Freddy Roache's ear... Manny would not fight if he was afraid of hurting someone, any boxer at that would retire or simply not box anymore if they were afraid of doing so. Any boxer who steps into the ring knows the risk of getting hurt and pain. Isn't the whole objective of boxing is to knock down your opponent even if it means hurting them? You're supposed to hurt them man! You say he didn't enjoy it? Well i'm pretty sure all the money he makes puts a BIG ass smile on his face. I've watched all of Manny's fights and yes, i think what you're assuming here is blasphemous!

"Just because you?re good at demolishing your opponents doesn?t mean that you like it." - So I think this goes back as to why you think Manny didnt "knock out" Cotto...

So you're saying Manny couldve gotten lucky out of these fights? again BLASPHEMOUS! and for that comment you are a complete douche.
RESPONSES TO SPEEDFORCE:

Man you must be on speed because you are overstating and misinterpreting my statements.

STATEMENT: That's your speculation as to what he murmured into Freddy Roache's ear... Manny would not fight if he was afraid of hurting someone, any boxer at that would retire or simply not box anymore if they were afraid of doing so.
I've watched all of Manny's fights and yes, i think what you're assuming here is blasphemous!

ANSWER: I?m not assuming anything. The truth hurts. Watch the HBO replay and get educated.

STATEMENT: "Just because you?re good at demolishing your opponents doesn?t mean that you like it." - So I think this goes back as to why you think Manny didnt "knock out" Cotto...

ANSWER: How the hell did you deduce this statement or belief on my part? Manny obviously knocked out Cotto, technically speaking.

STATEMENT: So you're saying Manny could?ve gotten lucky out of these fights? again BLASPHEMOUS! and for that comment you are a complete douche.

ANSWER: Once again, review my posts, I never said Manny got lucky winning victory in any of his recent fights. For the record, only a complete douche would attempt to argue a point by misstating his adversary?s statements. As Roger Mayweather would say, it?s a ‟tricky BITCH MOVE, MUTHA F***ER.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: e36 318i manual convertible top, 5 speed manual, calypso red/black soft top, cassette am/fm radio, heated sand leatherette seats, michelin mxv4 allseason tires (100% stock) e60 545i sport package, 6 speed manual, sapphire black, 18" 124 wheels bridgestone runflats (summer) 17" rial salerno dunlop runflats (winter) navigation, satelite radio, winter package, PDC, sunshades, wood trim, dakota leather seats (100% stock)

Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='1056530' date='Nov 17 2009, 02:52 AM
Also the only way Mayweather wins this fight is to run around Manny and maybe, just maybe he can frustrate Manny and tire him. I believe you called that "boxing"? There is no way in hell that he can knock out Manny. Roach said it best that Mayweather can't break an egg and doesn't like to get his nails broken. You're kidding yourself if you think Mayweather wants to engage in a slug fest with Manny. Cotto hits harder and although they hurt Manny (as he later admitted) it didn't really faze him. Mayweather's best chance to win is by decision.

Man I don't want to pay $59.95 to see Mayweather dance around the ring, I can watch him do that for free in Dancing with the Stars and on a real stage .
RESPOSES TO FERGIE,

STATEMENT: So now I reverse the question to you jrbmwenthusiast.....how would you like to take your ass to Hollywood's wild card gym, lace em up and tell Manny in his face that he doesn't like to hurt his opponents in the ring (which basically means you think he's soft)?

ANSWER: Review my posts. I?ve never said Manny was soft. To his credit, I don?t think he likes hurting people. If I was twenty years younger, I?d love to take my ass over to the Wildcard and spar with him. I feel I?m still in good enough shape (forever the optimist) to go three measly rounds with him but today, even at half intensity in headgear, he?d catch me a couple of retina surgeries too late. But it would be fun.

STATEMENT: Also the only way Mayweather wins this fight is to run around Manny and maybe, just maybe he can frustrate Manny and tire him.

ANSWER: If you mean defensive parry, counter right, duck, move his head, lateral movement, body jab, grab & clinch (sometimes excessively) , roll and block with shoulders, use his elbows to block (sometimes illegally), hold etc. Yes. Classic Mayweather

STATEMENT: I believe you called that "boxing"?
ANSWER: Yes

STATEMENT: There is no way in hell that he can knock out Manny.
ANSWER: No, you haters said the same thing about Hatton. Because Manny is more open than DelaHoya, a knockout is more generally likely. But, Manny has a hell of a chin. I don?t think he?ll go out with a flash knockout.

STATEMENT: Roach said it best that Mayweather can't break an egg and doesn't like to get his nails broken.
ANSWER: Ask the guys who have fought him. As Castillo has undoubtedly told Manny, he hits harder than you think. Ask Hatton. And, yes the ‟pretty boy? doesn?t like to ruin his manicure.

STATEMENT: You're kidding yourself if you think Mayweather wants to engage in a slugfest with Manny.
ANSWER: Review my posts. I?ve never said this. True, Mayweather doesn?t want to get in a slugfest with anyone. When you do this, you allow your opponent an opportunity to hit you

STATEMENT: Cotto hits harder and although they hurt Manny (as he later admitted) it didn't really faze him.
ANSWER: Probably true.

STATEMENT: Mayweather's best chance to win is by decision.
ANSWER: As always, true. Although if the fight is really close, there is a bias in favor of Manny because unlike most situations where Mayweather is the champion fighting a contender, now Manny is not only the champion, he?s the fan favorite and wears the ‟white hat.? Plus, a lot of boxing people would like to see Manny win because he?s genuinely seen as a nice guy that is a good representative of the sport. Also fighters who take their fight to the opponent rather than score points in retreat usually win the really close rounds on the professional scorecards-if it?s effective aggression.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='1056530' date='Nov 16 2009, 10:52 PM
Also the only way Mayweather wins this fight is to run around Manny and maybe, just maybe he can frustrate Manny and tire him. I believe you called that "boxing"? There is no way in hell that he can knock out Manny. Roach said it best that Mayweather can't break an egg and doesn't like to get his nails broken. You're kidding yourself if you think Mayweather wants to engage in a slug fest with Manny. Cotto hits harder and although they hurt Manny (as he later admitted) it didn't really faze him. Mayweather's best chance to win is by decision.

Man I don't want to pay $59.95 to see Mayweather dance around the ring, I can watch him do that for free in Dancing with the Stars and on a real stage .
Dont let this guy wind you up bro!
All my mexican homies/coworkers use to say the same shit.
hes not tall enough, he doesnt have defense, he only has one punch, hes not a technical boxer, hes not strong enough, etc. etc.
I've been putting my money down since morales and the last time they EVER bet against pacman was De La Hoya.
Now, some of these guys floss Pacman shirts even when it aint even fight nite!

His basis for his arguments is from what he sees and knows which i cant blame him for.
He doesnt follow Pacman like we do so let him be.
i bet he'll be a convert once Pacman TKO's Mayweather or he'll forever be a Hater.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by darkboyz68' post='1056617' date='Nov 17 2009, 04:59 AM
hes not tall enough, he doesnt have defense, he only has one punch, hes not a technical boxer, hes not strong enough, etc. etc.
I've been putting my money down since morales and the last time they EVER bet against pacman was De La Hoya.

His basis for his arguments is from what he sees and knows which i cant blame him for.
i bet he'll be a convert once Pacman TKO's Mayweather or he'll forever he a Hater.

Darkboyz68,

I'm not a Manny hater now. I admire and respect him as a fighter and believe that he's a genuinely good person. Although my money will be on Mayweather, I hope the best man wins. I don't think Manny will win, but Mayweather is human and can be beat. I didn't think that Manny could beat DelaHoya because of Oscar's superior boxing ability, experience, height and reach but we all know that happened. Such is boxing. Sometimes superior olympic gold medal ability is not enough to overcome stlyle, intensity and raw fighting skill. I believe that Manny thinks he can beat Maywether, and this self-confidence and a lot of activity in the ring will serve him well. Styles make fights and Manny has 80 % of what he needs to defeat Floyd. The question remains whether he can get the remaining 20%.

I'm not trying to wind you guys up or put you down. I only enjoy a good discussion. If they fight and Mayweather loses, we will really have something to talk about-- and boxing will finally have a rivalry like Leonard-Hearns or Ali-Frazier. Although it isn't in my financial best interests, I hope someone comes along to challenge Mayweather's winning streak. To really be great, you must overcome adversity, and Floyd hasn't seen anything like adversity in the ring. If either fighter opens up the proverbial can on the other and, win or lose, the fighter eventually overcomes it, he will be recognized as great.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jrbmwenthusiast' post='1056616' date='Nov 17 2009, 01:41 AM
If I was twenty years younger, I?d love to take my ass over to the Wildcard and spar with him. I feel I?m still in good enough shape (forever the optimist) to go three measly rounds with him but today, even at half intensity in headgear, he?d catch me a couple of retina surgeries too late. But it would be fun.
Yeahhh!!! Now we're gettin' somewhere! I'd pay pay-per-view to see those 3 rounds!! Half intensity it is

Hey did you box back in the day?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:15 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by darkboyz68' post='1056617' date='Nov 17 2009, 01:59 AM

i bet he'll be a convert once Pacman TKO's Mayweather or he'll forever be a Hater.
Hey, I'm hispanic and I have a ton of respect for Pacman. Mayweather is exactly the type of boxer I hate - big mouth but has ducked any really good fighter since he started (again no one has EVER showed me who he beat IN THEIR PRIME!!!! No, an old ass De La Hoya or a drunk Hatton doesn't count).

Manny, on the other hand, has taken on anyone they put in front of him - and won, period. He also wins with class. Hasn't anyone else noticed no one calls Manny out after his victories? What happened when Floyd last won? Mosley punked him, that's what happened. Turned him into a stuttering fool, he doesn't have the balls to fight an old Mosley, much less Manny.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

I don't understand why you guys waste time discussing Manny's boxing ability..let's talk about his singing prowess!

Tell me, can Gayweather sing?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Frank5er' post='1056705' date='Nov 17 2009, 07:32 AM
I don't understand why you guys waste time discussing Manny's boxing ability..let's talk about his singing prowess!

No he can't sing, an he's not much of a politician either
Old 11-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Frank5er' post='1056705' date='Nov 17 2009, 09:32 AM
No, but he tries to dance
Old 11-17-2009, 07:18 AM
Contributors