Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

PACQUIAO VS COTTO

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

GO PAC MAN!!! Now it's time to show "Money" that the IRS isn't the only thing that can bring him down, PACMAN can do it too!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrbmwenthusiast' post='1055406' date='Nov 15 2009, 05:01 PM
Mayweather is no coward. If you think he is, take your ass to Las Vegas, step in his gym, lace up and tell him that. He'll promptly beat the shit out of you. As to his boring style, it's called boxing and it's worked against everyone so far. By the way those punches did hurt Manny, just not enough to slow his little ass down.
Mayweather is the Tim Duncan of boxing.
Great boxer but so freakin boring to watch.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jrbmwenthusiast' post='1055458' date='Nov 15 2009, 09:51 PM
Man to man, you put yourself ‟in it” when you called him a coward. The money breakdown is simply based on economics. Every fight expends a portion of a prizefighter’s future earnings ability. The Mayweathers know boxing. If they had fought six years ago as lightweights, the split would be 80/20 and Mayweather would have barely cleared a million after expenses. And Manny would’ve jumped at the chance to clear 200K. Sure, the Mayweathers are notorious when it comes to money negotiations, but Bob Arum is no saint either. He and Don King are cut from the same mold. But, no worries and rest assured, both camps want this fight. Manny’s defeat of Cotto actually made negotiations harder, because now Manny can claim that although he doesn’t have undefeated credentials, he brings 60-70% of the fan base and deserves the bigger cut. (I estimate that of the 30 to 40% that show up or tune in primarily for Mayweather, 70 to 80 % want to see him lose.) Is 50-50 fair? Based on what I saw last night, I can’t disagree.

As I've said in past posts, Manny is a good elite fighter. He’s exciting to watch and always in phenomenal condition. He could’ve knocked out Cotto earlier but for reasons unknown didn’t. I don’t know him personally but I think contrary to his brutal fighting style, he really doesn’t like hurting his opponents. Maybe he’s seen too much hurt in his life to dish it out with evil intent. Nevertheless, if fights Mayweather, it’s Mayweather’s fight to lose. Cotto is no Mayweather. Mayweather is always in great shape, doesn’t tire, has quick extraordinary upper body movement, punching accuracy and defense that will baffle Manny. Mayweather will not be open and will make Manny work hard to land a clean punch. Manny will overcome some of this with stamina and body movement that tends to square up his opponents. But, Manny is always wide open and won’t have a reach advantage. Even Cotto, who doesn’t have the fastest hands, could hit him. Cotto just couldn’t stop Manny from hitting him. Roach can’t teach Manny sufficient defense to avoid laser like punches from Mayweather that will find their mark and take their toll. The fight will likely look a lot like the early rounds of Mayweather /Hatton.

I’m not saying Manny doesn’t have a chance. What many trainers don’t see is that Manny also possesses very subtle skills that aren’t usually seen in traditional boxing. Like a Thai fighter, Manny trains his body not only for strength and endurance, but also for pain. Pain is something that modern athletic trainers don’t understand and are taught to avoid at all cost. Pain concerns the complicated nervous system and might result in a permanent damage and a lawsuit. Manny also ever so subtlety grapples and throws punches to lower an opponent's defense and set up power shots. He arm punches, grabs and clinches with specific purposes in mind. Although he was consistently pushed backward by the stronger Cotto, his superior stamina allowed him to throw lightly less powerful punches in greater numbers without tiring. If he’s lucky or skilled enough to hurt Mayweather, all Mayweather’s superior abilities go out the window. But unless I see Manny display Roberto Duran like defense, ring generalship and inside fighting skills, my money’s on Mayweather.
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read! Manny loves to demolish his opponents.... Hello!!! Have you been paying attention to any of the last 3 fights?

Oscar - TKO stoppage because of the damage Pacman did to his face
Hatton - second round KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT COLD!
Cotto - Brutal beat down, with no illegal substance in gloves.. knocked Cotto down twice in the first few rounds.

And you're saying he doesn't like to hurt his opponents? That's complete blasphemy son! Manny sometimes won't finish his opponents off because it's called pacing yourself.

"If he’s lucky or skilled enough to hurt Mayweather" you say? You contradicted everything you said before this! How can someone be an elite boxer, and yet still not be skilled or "lucky" enough to take down Mayweather? All the opponents (ODH, Hatton etc) Manny and Mayweather have fought have been more impressive on Manny's fights.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1056384' date='Nov 16 2009, 08:38 PM
And you're saying he doesn't like to hurt his opponents? That's complete blasphemy son! Manny sometimes won't finish his opponents off because it's called pacing yourself.
AKA denial
Old 11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e36 318i manual convertible top, 5 speed manual, calypso red/black soft top, cassette am/fm radio, heated sand leatherette seats, michelin mxv4 allseason tires (100% stock) e60 545i sport package, 6 speed manual, sapphire black, 18" 124 wheels bridgestone runflats (summer) 17" rial salerno dunlop runflats (winter) navigation, satelite radio, winter package, PDC, sunshades, wood trim, dakota leather seats (100% stock)

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1056384' date='Nov 16 2009, 09:38 PM
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read! Manny loves to demolish his opponents.... Hello!!! Have you been paying attention to any of the last 3 fights?

Oscar - TKO stoppage because of the damage Pacman did to his face
Hatton - second round KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT COLD!
Cotto - Brutal beat down, with no illegal substance in gloves.. knocked Cotto down twice in the first few rounds.

"If he?s lucky or skilled enough to hurt Mayweather" you say? You contradicted everything you said before this! How can someone be an elite boxer, and yet still not be skilled or "lucky" enough to take down Mayweather? All the opponents (ODH, Hatton etc) Manny and Mayweather have fought have been more impressive on Manny's fights.
To the Mayweather BMWHATEfesters:

Good God Men...Put down your Jesus juice!!!! You must be some of those Yahoos who get plastered before you go to the fight party. Ridiculous?...blasphemy?...It?s you who needs to watch the video!!

In the last few rounds of the Manny/Dela Hoya fight, Manny went to his corner. He had a forlorn look on his face. As he sat on the stool, he turned to Freddie Roach and said something inaudible in Freddie?s ear. To my recollection, Roach responded saying something like ‟ you?re a fighter...it?s your job....this is what you?re trained to do.? Manny then went out a beat Dela Hoya into submission. Anyone who saw the HBO PPV could clearly hear this. I don?t recall if it made the HBO replay video. It?s obvious that Manny didn?t enjoy the prospect of beating the hell out of Dela Hoya, a guy who he considered his idol. He said as much when he approached Dela Hoya after his victory was officially announced. Just because you?re good at demolishing your opponents doesn?t mean that you like it. Case it point, Joe Louis, Larry Holmes, Rocky Marciano (side of light) vs. Mike Tyson, Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Robinson (side of darkness)

Listen..Men. Despite all the training and preparation that goes into getting a fighter ready to step under the ropes, luck may still play a significant role in the outcome of a fight. As George Foreman is fond of saying, if you got two hands you gotta chance.

Although there is a long list of ‟elite? junior welterweights and welterweights in boxing, I don?t think many of them match up well with either Mayweather or Manny. I don?t think any of their fallen opponents is clamoring for a rematch.

As for Bob Arum....he said the same thing about Mayweather before the Dela Hoya and Hatton fights. He?s still pissed that Mayweather left his ass for big money. As our former President said, ‟Asshole, major league.? Thank God Goldenboy and others are retaking boxing for the fighters, not the promoters.

By the way, I love you Guys.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jrbmwenthusiast' post='1056420' date='Nov 16 2009, 10:48 PM
To the Mayweather BMWHATEfesters:

Good God Men...Put down your Jesus juice!!!! You must be some of those Yahoos who get plastered before you go to the fight party. Ridiculous?...blasphemy?...It’s you who needs to watch the video!!

In the last few rounds of the Manny/Dela Hoya fight, Manny went to his corner. He had a forlorn look on his face. As he sat on the stool, he turned to Freddie Roach and said something inaudible in Freddie’s ear. To my recollection, Roach responded saying something like ‟ you’re a fighter...it’s your job....this is what you’re trained to do.” Manny then went out a beat Dela Hoya into submission. Anyone who saw the HBO PPV could clearly hear this. I don’t recall if it made the HBO replay video. It’s obvious that Manny didn’t enjoy the prospect of beating the hell out of Dela Hoya, a guy who he considered his idol. He said as much when he approached Dela Hoya after his victory was officially announced. Just because you’re good at demolishing your opponents doesn’t mean that you like it. Case it point, Joe Louis, Larry Holmes, Rocky Marciano (side of light) vs. Mike Tyson, Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Robinson (side of darkness)

Listen..Men. Despite all the training and preparation that goes into getting a fighter ready to step under the ropes, luck may still play a significant role in the outcome of a fight. As George Foreman is fond of saying, if you got two hands you gotta chance.

Although there is a long list of ‟elite” junior welterweights and welterweights in boxing, I don’t think many of them match up well with either Mayweather or Manny. I don’t think any of their fallen opponents is clamoring for a rematch.

As for Bob Arum....he said the same thing about Mayweather before the Dela Hoya and Hatton fights. He’s still pissed that Mayweather left his ass for big money. As our former President said, ‟Asshole, major league.” Thank God Goldenboy and others are retaking boxing for the fighters, not the promoters.

By the way, I love you Guys.
That's your speculation as to what he murmured into Freddy Roache's ear... Manny would not fight if he was afraid of hurting someone, any boxer at that would retire or simply not box anymore if they were afraid of doing so. Any boxer who steps into the ring knows the risk of getting hurt and pain. Isn't the whole objective of boxing is to knock down your opponent even if it means hurting them? You're supposed to hurt them man! You say he didn't enjoy it? Well i'm pretty sure all the money he makes puts a BIG ass smile on his face. I've watched all of Manny's fights and yes, i think what you're assuming here is blasphemous!

"Just because you’re good at demolishing your opponents doesn’t mean that you like it." - So I think this goes back as to why you think Manny didnt "knock out" Cotto...

So you're saying Manny couldve gotten lucky out of these fights? again BLASPHEMOUS! and for that comment you are a complete douche.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Contributors

If this doesnt look like a killer or someone who likes to beat down on someone then I dont know what is... I think Manny hurt him pretty bad. Anyone else want to disagree?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jrbmwenthusiast' post='1055406' date='Nov 15 2009, 05:01 PM
Mayweather is no coward. If you think he is, take your ass to Las Vegas, step in his gym, lace up and tell him that. He'll promptly beat the shit out of you. As to his boring style, it's called boxing and it's worked against everyone so far. By the way those punches did hurt Manny, just not enough to slow his little ass down.
So now I reverse the question to you jrbmwenthusiast.....how would you like to take your ass to Hollywood's wild card gym, lace em up and tell Manny in his face that he doesn't like to hurt his opponents in the ring (which basically means you think he's soft)?

I guess we will just have to wait for the match in 2010 and revisit this thread after Manny beats your man.

We love you too....
Old 11-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Senior Members

Also the only way Mayweather wins this fight is to run around Manny and maybe, just maybe he can frustrate Manny and tire him. I believe you called that "boxing"? There is no way in hell that he can knock out Manny. Roach said it best that Mayweather can't break an egg and doesn't like to get his nails broken. You're kidding yourself if you think Mayweather wants to engage in a slug fest with Manny. Cotto hits harder and although they hurt Manny (as he later admitted) it didn't really faze him. Mayweather's best chance to win is by decision.

Man I don't want to pay $59.95 to see Mayweather dance around the ring, I can watch him do that for free in Dancing with the Stars and on a real stage .
Old 11-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='1056530' date='Nov 17 2009, 01:52 AM
Man I don't want to pay $59.95 to see Mayweather dance around the ring, I can watch him do that for free in Dancing with the Stars .

Quick Reply: PACQUIAO VS COTTO