Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

PACQUIAO VS COTTO

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='1056717' date='Nov 17 2009, 11:57 AM
No, but he tries to dance
Even in that department, Manny can beat(no pun intended) him

at :38

http://www.gmanews.tv/video/41693/Saksi-Di...t-birthday-bash
Old 11-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Senior Members

ESPN.com -

"I've thought about Mayweather for a long time now," Roach told ESPN.com from his Wild Card gym in Hollywood, Calif., on Monday. "He's the ultimate opponent. His style does pose some problems because he's very good at what he does. But after seeing Manny with Cotto, Manny showed he takes a punch well. We'll definitely knock Mayweather out. He'll break down. He can't stand up to Manny's pressure. He won't last as long as Cotto.

"I got a feeling Mayweather doesn't really want to fight Manny. When he says he wants 65 percent [of the revenue], that's like saying he doesn't want to fight," he said.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='1056748' date='Nov 17 2009, 08:56 AM
ESPN.com -

"I've thought about Mayweather for a long time now," Roach told ESPN.com from his Wild Card gym in Hollywood, Calif., on Monday. "He's the ultimate opponent. His style does pose some problems because he's very good at what he does. But after seeing Manny with Cotto, Manny showed he takes a punch well. We'll definitely knock Mayweather out. He'll break down. He can't stand up to Manny's pressure. He won't last as long as Cotto.

"I got a feeling Mayweather doesn't really want to fight Manny. When he says he wants 65 percent [of the revenue], that's like saying he doesn't want to fight," he said.

I don't think that's true, Mayweather will gladly fight Manny.................after Manny's 45th birthday He won't fight him while he's in his prime, period.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

Again from ESPN.com....I almost fell off my chair laughing at this one

"I'm in a no-win situation. If I beat Manny Pacquiao you know what they are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweather, you are the bigger man.' If I knock him out they'll say, 'You're supposed to knock him out [because] he's been knocked out before.' I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no one is going to be surprised because he's been beaten before. Whatever I do to Pacquiao has been done before. He's been beaten on three occasions. And if I knock him out I don't want the world shouting because he's been knocked out twice before [as a flyweight in the 1990s]," he said.

"The thing is with Pacquiao I don't see any versatility as a fighter," Mayweather, the former pound-for-pound king who ended a retirement by easily outpointing Juan Manuel Marquez on Sept. 19, said to England's Sky Sports. "He's a good puncher but just one-dimensional.

- ESPN.com

This guys is a piece of work, so full of himself. He's already giving his excuses. Man up, sign the damn contract and quit asking for 65%. Your yellow back is showing.

One dimensional fighter?? I don't think she's been watching any of Manny's fights.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

You mean "Money" Mayweather cares what people say about him? Sounds more like he's saying "If he kicks my ass my career's over, there are no more old men for me to fight - how will I get paid enough to pay off the IRS?"
Old 11-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1056695' date='Nov 17 2009, 07:15 AM
Hey, I'm hispanic and I have a ton of respect for Pacman. Mayweather is exactly the type of boxer I hate - big mouth but has ducked any really good fighter since he started (again no one has EVER showed me who he beat IN THEIR PRIME!!!! No, an old ass De La Hoya or a drunk Hatton doesn't count).

Manny, on the other hand, has taken on anyone they put in front of him - and won, period. He also wins with class. Hasn't anyone else noticed no one calls Manny out after his victories? What happened when Floyd last won? Mosley punked him, that's what happened. Turned him into a stuttering fool, he doesn't have the balls to fight an old Mosley, much less Manny.
forreals, slowly but surely Manny has won people's respect. He doesnt like to be called the Mexican Assasin, it just so happens the best fighters for him are all hispanic atleast in his weight class. And tradionally, most Mexican boxing fans love it when their fighters are aggressive and balls out, and Pacman exemplifies that type of fighting.

'jrbmwenthusiast', i know exactly what your talking about, in a traditional sense, a boxer with good solid technical skills should take apart Manny's unorthodox style. But the thing is Manny's style works for him. I used to think thats his major weakness. But what most(boxing experts) thought was his weakness, Manny turned it into his strength and its something alot of fighters are not used to which makes him so dangerous. Fighting against a southpaw is weird enough, add to that someone who throws punches in bunches, with power, the quickness of a flyweight, always on the attack, and darts around alot is not fun be on the recieving end.

Like Cotto was a test of Manny's skills against a pound 4 pound welterweight, I do believe Mayweather will be the ultimate test of Manny's boxing style and its also a true test of Mayweathers skills. Regardless of who i favor more, they're both champions in my book. You've got to beat the best to be the best.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Senior Members

Everybody is praying for this match to happen, for the sport of boxing and their fans.

I just hope both fighters can come to an agreement on the shares. Mayweather better come down on his ridiculous demand of 65%. It makes him even more of an ass in the public's eyes, not that it matters to him. There's a boat load of money to be made.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

A quote from Mr. Mayweather?."Manny Pacquiao is the fighter and every time someone asks him if he wants to fight me, he says it is up to my promoter ... ," Mayweather said in the statement. "I have yet to hear him actually say, 'Yes, I want to fight Mayweather.' We are the fighters and if one fighter is talking about fighting another fighter, then they should just come out and say it. Manny Pacquiao doesn't say anything directly about fighting me because he might just know it's not a fight he can win."

If this is a fight Manny can?t win then maybe he should drop down in weight class just to make it fair for little Manny. He?s not exactly saying he wants to fight Manny either, I?m sure he?s not so eager.

Here?s another great quote?"Tell Manny Pacquiao to be his own man and stop letting everyone, including his loudmouth trainer, talk for him. If Manny Pacquiao wants to fight me, all he has to do is step up to the plate and say it himself."

What a hyprocrite. What did he do when Mosley challenged him in front of his face? Well?ummm?see it?s like this?you have to talk to my promoters

Alright I'm done posting on this thread. I've vented enough.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='1056993' date='Nov 17 2009, 05:21 PM
What a hyprocrite. What did he do when Mosley challenged him in front of his face? Well?ummm?see it?s like this?you have to talk to my promoters
... He did say that after the Marquez fight during the interview. Manny can beat him 20 different ways and he knows that. He might be fast, but not as fast and strong as Manny. If I were Manny, I would take the 65/35 split and beat his ass just to rub it in his face. I'm pretty sure if Manny agrees with his term he might come up with another excuse not to fight him... GO MANNY!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

looks like it's going down March 13th, 2010

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=4712939

Quick Reply: PACQUIAO VS COTTO